The Dullest Individual in Fallen London

I’ve really enjoyed reading the last post as well.

Most delightful!

Thank you! So glad the poor doctor felt able to ask for help instead of worrying himself to nightmares.
edited by Maddyanne on 2/5/2014

I just realised I’ve sent about 300 rats to the wrong Doctor. Hopefully they enjoy them as much as Taupe-Wainscot has.

[li]
What, and none to us? =P[/li][li]
edited by Snowskeeper on 2/5/2014

Look ever since SMEN went on hiatus I’ve only had half as many opportunities to ratsend, okay. Times are hard.

[li]
We’re sorry; we’ll try to supply you with rats to supply.

Oh, no, I have plenty of rats to send (a little under 20k), but no opportunities to send them. It’s quite the quandary. Yep.

[li]
Are you saying that 20K rats are /enough/ rats? Because, good sir, we can assure you that they are /not/.

I have been slowly accumulating more rats. It is not a speedy process.
I had to get 77 Venge-Rats first, okay. It’s a matter of vengeance. Vengeance against not having 77 venge rats.

Part Seven is here, and the doctor takes one step forward and two steps into madness and despair!

I must add that I am very glad Snowskeeper feels I did them justice, and I hope the small alteration I made to today’s major guest’s contributions will be forgiven.
edited by Sir Frederick Tanah-Chook on 2/6/2014

Eh i can deal with several actions collated into one… and i half-expected the good doctor to inerject on my tirade at least a little bit… wasn’t planning to monologue him to death.

Oh god…closing the entry with the Starveling Cat message. That had me laughing out loud. The poor Doctor has no idea what’s going to happen.

“He had gone up against the worst that London – the roughest, rowdiest city in the world – had to throw at him, and he had been the victor.”

I really feel this snippet encompasses the core of the Doctor’s character. The poor naive deluded Doctor. Such fun awaits him. Fun for us anyway.

Chess is a great metaphor. =)

But, oh dear. The Starveling Cat. This should be interesting…

A lunatic, am I? Hah, you’re not entirely wrong there!

Anyway, I do wish the Doctor luck. With the Starveling Cat, he’ll certainly need it…

Oh dear, the poor Doctor is certainly accumulating some interesting pets. I wonder how he will cope should he happen to find a strange plant growing in his pantry? They do seem to spring up everywhere these days…

The Starveling Cat! The Starveling Cat!
A welcome guest after so many rats!

[quote=Playersideblog]The Starveling Cat! The Starveling Cat!
A welcome guest after so many rats![/quote]

[li]
We hadn’t thought of it that way. Perhaps this new visitor will have an upside to it after all. Certainly it will aid in the defence of Mr. Murgatroyd’s Fungal Crackers.

The Starveling Cat! The Starveling Cat!
Let’s see the doctor rationalise that!

I have hit a mild sort of snag - the doctor’s Watchful is high enough to start drawing the first Recalling the Surface card - and it seems to be so common as to, in fact, have a 100% draw rate. I’m holding off on resigning him to Neathy life for now - not to mention that he’s hardly the sort to have a storied history of secret knowledge and cunning crimes - but if they all exhibit this behaviour, then he’ll need a five-card lodgings to be able to draw just one card. Oh well; I shall see what happens.

I think the next episode shall involve continued investigations of death and devilry, and also some discoveries of animal oddities. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good name for his Bandaged Raven? (For that matter, does anyone have any suggestions for the doctor’s own given name? I have a few ideas, but I’d be delighted to hear yours!)