The Catafalquerie nerfed

Someone else apparently got it as well. Not entirely sure what’s up with that!
play it repeatedly until you get SMEN 9

It’s Impossible! now. The tiger is up late.

Also, I am about ready to kill autocorrect. But I digress from the topic at hand…[li]
edited by Laluzi on 12/27/2013

I’ve played the card already, but I’m pretty sure there was also an option that unlocks with 5 Fecund Amber. Does anyone know where to get that? I think you might get one for trading in the 5 Diaries of the Dead, but I’ll have to wait until next time when I’m better prepared to find out

[quote=Laluzi]But I don’t know where you got the 50 percent from.[/quote]It’s a rough estimate. While most cards don’t yield a profit, there’s that one card that gives 60 Echoes, which would then count as roughly five 12.50 cards. Seems rather likely that something worthwhile might pop up in all those cards, just not every time. We’ll see. And hey, new content! I like that even more than Echoes. :)

Only time a Fecund Amber has come into play so far was the Feast of the Rose; when it started last year, having a Rubbery Spouse got you one. Might be that trading in the diaries gets you an amber, or perhaps it’s a different option entirely.

Related to laluzi’s seeking adventure;

No branches, shows up at lodgings. Whoever guessed black borders were going to be SMEN cards, give yourself a pat on the back! And then possibly stab yourself or something this is SMEN.
edited by Spacemarine9 on 12/27/2013

If you’re talking about An Unlikely Garden, that one often takes a considerable amount of actions to play. I don’t know about the new ones. Mr Sacks just took my irrigo, so I’ll be able to visit soon.

Ok, got the card again, the one with a Fluke. It looks like you can trade a bit of Watchful for a warm amber, some identities uncovered for trembling amber, diaries of the dead for fecund amber (probably?), and fecund amber for who knows what. I think I’ll be making a rather large purchase at Crawcase’s before my next visit.

[quote=Laluzi]If you’re talking about An Unlikely Garden, that one often takes a considerable amount of actions to play. I don’t know about the new ones. Mr Sacks just took my irrigo, so I’ll be able to visit soon.[/quote]No, I count that card as a 6 Echoes/Action thing (so far) as long as you’re willing to spend Confident Smiles, and (probably) sacrifice cards that you can’t draw because the deck tops out long before you can draw new cards, either inside the cave or outside.

The card I was referring to is the new card The End of Battles that people have been writing about. 3 x Second Chance of your choice is basically free, at least when one of your stats is capped. Can’t vouch for how often that card will show up though. I suppose it’s possible that they might give lower weight to the best cards, even though it doesn’t seem as if they’ve done that before.

Having your deck top out in the Nadir doesn’t really matter, though, since you’re still going to be drawing at most one card per action anyway.

[quote=Sackville]Having your deck top out in the Nadir doesn’t really matter, though, since you’re still going to be drawing at most one card per action anyway.[/quote]If I spend 30 Actions inside the cave, and my deck tops out at 6 cards, that’s easily 20+ cards that I could’ve drawn outside of the cave, but which get sacrificed in my attempts to get a Searing Enigma inside the cave. I’d say it matters. Though evidently not more than 6 Echoes per Action. ;)

[li]
Many thanks, Flyte. I am aware that I am not the target audience of the original post. Having advanced as far as visiting the Cave and harvesting Tears does not qualify me as such; it was for people who were fully aware of the details of the recent change. If the Forum previously lacked any such summary, and would still lack one if I had not posted as I did, then I am quite pleased with the results of my post. How did you come by that information? Did you, and Gillsing, and others, each spade it independently? If there is a venue where that information is exchanged, is there an openly posted way to apply? Or is it more esoteric than Dilmun?

Gillsing, the wiki is indeed a wonderful resource, which I often consult while playing FL, and you provided a link directly to a relevant entry, but that page doesn’t say anything about what is or isn’t a recent change. It doesn’t say how my trips to the Cave in January 2014 are likely to differ from my visits in November 2013. Or am I missing that explanation on the wiki? If so, then I must acknowledge inferior wiki-fu. The wiki is great for info on the specifics of a single item, and rather lacking in overview, in comparison to the other FL wiki, or the wikis of a few other online games.

I plan to continue visits to the Cave as often as Time the Healer clears irrigo. It might not be quite the Monty Haul source of wealth that it was, but it might have interesting new content, and I hope that the developers will tinker as needed. I have advised newer-than-myself players to open the Cave as soon as they could. I am not yet convinced that this is no longer good advice.

Riley, your post asking ‘hey guys what’s going on’ was perfectly valid. The way you phrased it - sounding angry and insulting at everyone for not providing you with a succinct summary - was not. I mean, I have no idea what you meant by hipsters, but that didn’t sound like a compliment.

Anyway, I’ll be visiting the cave again because I want to check out the shiny new things. I’ll reserve judgement until I’ve felt out everything. My initial ;~; has mostly gone to ‘ooooh shiny’ at this point, with a bit of lingering ;~;.[li]
edited by Laluzi on 12/27/2013

For cutting edge news, you can follow SpaceMarine9’s Tumblr (http://saint-arthur.tumblr.com/). For bleeding edge news, you might try hanging out in the IRC channel (Kiwi IRC) - I assume that this was being discussed there as it was discovered.

[quote=Riley37]Or am I missing that explanation on the wiki? If so, then I must acknowledge inferior wiki-fu.[/quote]I just assumed that you were familiar with the way it used to be, and would therefore be able to tell what the changes were from seeing the updated wikia page. After all, if you weren’t familiar, your visits to the cave wouldn’t change at all, would they?

And if you really needed to find out exactly what had changed, you could have compared the different edits of the wikia page and the linked options. That’s done by clicking the green &quotEdit&quot button, and then selecting &quotHistory&quot, which will let you choose which two versions of a page to compare. Then click the green &quotCompare selected revisions&quot button. Though I guess it’d be kind of difficult to read those screens since they show the code and not plain text. Sure, all the text is there, but it’s surrounded by brackets and stuff instead of being bold hyperlinks and whatnot. But hey, that’s some wiki-fu for you! ;)

Hmm, it seems more content has appeared since I last posted in here swearing off the Nadir in favor of keeping my stats intact. Well …drat, I can’t resist new content! :D That 200 Watchful will just have to wait a bit longer. heads for the cave (I don’t know how I managed without the forums, I wish I’d joined so much earlier in my game)

I’ve been into the cave many times without getting the Catafalque - didn’t stop me going in and I have had trips where the only cards I got gave practically nothing in Material terms - no Searing Enigmas or Uncanny Incunabulum either. But I’ve increased my dream qualities or connections, maybe got a second chance or a Tale of terror. So I didn’t go in to make money, though it was nice to do so, but for the experience. I’m looking forward to seeing the changes and this will not stop me visiting.

I just purchased Masters’ Blood. Echoed it here. ‘The Chain’ is probably a reference to the great chain of being. The Masters, curiously, are sounding more and more like fallen angels.
edited by Flyte on 12/27/2013

Don’t know if it’s been confirmed yet, but I can confirm that trading 5 Diaries gives you a Fecund Amber (7th-tier amber); the result is somewhere on my mantlepiece. This means most likely that 5 Fecund can be traded for the mysterious 8-tier amber item.[li]

Funny enough, it mentions the &quotChain&quot as well.
edited by Shadowhand on 12/27/2013

Gawd, it’s sinister when disparate content all starts leaking the same hints at once.

Indeed, pretty much all the new content from yesterday seems to mention either Chains or Sequences; the Sommelier, huffing Tears of the Bazaar, the day’s Mr Sacks, several of the new Nadir cards… I wonder what it all means? It all sounds faintly cyberpunk to me, for some reason.