Such a dreadful bore.

I’m nowhere near all the things I’d like to have in Fallen London. It’s one of the things I love about the game and one of the ways I never become bored with it. While there is no particular /reason/ to have 150 in any reps or a high Prophet of the Gutter or anything like that, it is a goal to achieve and an accomplishment in and of itself. For me, at least.

Indeed. It’s not the sort of game that’s going to eventually say “Congratulations, you won!” Everything in it is only worth doing if you think it’s worth doing.

I kinda figured that in the exceedingly unlikely event I grind my way to Hesperidean Cider, that will count as a win, of sorts :)

Since that’s, what, six years off at my pace? Seven? More? I count it as a slow sort of win.

The main problem is knowing who’s got what! (I hoarded some 20000 Cryptic Clues, but I don’t even know if that’s a good amount by PoSIs standards).

I have been wondering this as well; as I also have the weasel and have spent around three months doing my best (to varying degrees of success) to flip all my cards in Veilgarden. Then again, I seem to have fallen out of lucks’ favor of late, so it’s hard to say.[/quote]

There’s the point that not much time ago FBG announced that they had tweaked the chance of the Weasel appearing lo make it less rare. I don’t remember anything about the Haunted-looking Dog; maybe it is still as rare as before (that is, VERY rare).[/quote]

Actually, I finally saw the Haunted-Looking Dog very recently and secured one! (I started a new character after FBG renamed the game “Fallen London,” and that character has obtained a Haunted-Looking Dog too!

I’ve recently gotten rid of my Salt Weasel and gotten myself a dreaded dog for the Watchful boost; so I’m rather positive you can only have one.

[quote=Nigel Overstreet]Without access to your mantelpiece we’ve really no clue what it is you’ve completed and so are of little help when trying to think of things you haven’t; but off the top of my head:
[snip]

Do you have a Rare Pet? A Bat with Attitude?
[snip]

That’s all for now, but I’m sure I’ll think of more later. If it turns out you actually have maxed out all these things then good on you mate![/quote]

Bat with Attitude? I know about the rest and have most of them, but how on earth do you get a Bat with Attitude?

Cryptobotanical Rosettes ? What is that ? Never heard of this item Ô_o

A Cryptobotanical Rosette is your reward for winning all six rounds of the Tournament of Lilies. They only sell for 50 pence, but due to their difficulty to acquire, they are far more valuable unsold.

It’s obtained with a rare success on the"Release a bat in the cloud" option on the “Parliament of bats” card.
edited by Nigel Overstreet on 12/13/2012

Some more things to do:
Become an author
Putting the Pieces Together: the Drownies

Get the 175- and 200- items from scraps.

[quote=Aximillio]Some more things to do:
Become an author

Get the 175- and 200- items from scraps.[/quote]

How far have you managed to get “Putting the Pieces Together: the Drownies” up to?

[quote=Endy][quote=Aximillio]Some more things to do:
Become an author

How far have you managed to get “Putting the Pieces Together: the Drownies” up to?[/quote]

Only 1 so far; I’ve been busy with grinding for an overgoat a a few other things =/

[quote=Aximillio]
Putting the Pieces Together: the Drownies[/quote]

This one keeps eluding me. I’ve done dozens of runs through B & F’s place, and have a stack of permits to show for it. However, I have yet to see the maid who supposedly gives this. I also fell short of getting it during the feast; the Tragedarian was down my list of targets a ways, and I was about 9 masquing short when the feast ended (largely due to me not managing menaces; as a stat-capped character I’d gotten out of the habit!) I may try to bump into the maid again once I have one each of all of the short stories. Well, one each besides the last, which is currently unattainable.

You can also get it sometimes from tipping buckets of lacre into the river if you have any spare from christmas

[quote=David ][quote=Aximillio]

This one keeps eluding me. I’ve done dozens of runs through B & F’s place, and have a stack of permits to show for it. However, I have yet to see the maid who supposedly gives this. I also fell short of getting it during the feast; the Tragedarian was down my list of targets a ways, and I was about 9 masquing short when the feast ended (largely due to me not managing menaces; as a stat-capped character I’d gotten out of the habit!) I may try to bump into the maid again once I have one each of all of the short stories. Well, one each besides the last, which is currently unattainable.[/quote]

Whilst we are discussing this: Do you know if that particular card is available at both heists? I’ve only gotten it on the other one (but then again, I haven’t tried that much)

[quote=Aximillio][quote=David ][quote=Aximillio]

This one keeps eluding me. I’ve done dozens of runs through B & F’s place, and have a stack of permits to show for it. However, I have yet to see the maid who supposedly gives this. I also fell short of getting it during the feast; the Tragedarian was down my list of targets a ways, and I was about 9 masquing short when the feast ended (largely due to me not managing menaces; as a stat-capped character I’d gotten out of the habit!) I may try to bump into the maid again once I have one each of all of the short stories. Well, one each besides the last, which is currently unattainable.[/quote]

Whilst we are discussing this: Do you know if that particular card is available at both heists? I’ve only gotten it on the other one (but then again, I haven’t tried that much)[/quote]

That could certainly explain why I have yet to see the maid. It would make sense that she only works at one house.

[quote=David ][quote=Aximillio]

There’s also a low-level fate-locked storylet that gives it, now. Doubt many people’ve noticed; not a lot of people go and look at starter storylets these days.

You can get them if you utilize a mood. Well, the Watchful one you can get without a mood, but the others require one.

[quote=LukeMcMillan][quote=Aximillio]Some more things to do:

I think the 200 items are still unreachable at the moment, aren’t they?

By the way, do the 175 items have a use (apart from being very expensive of course)?[/quote]

Not yet.

Speaking of Relickers and moods… why in the devil does the Persuasive option on the Dusty Bookshop card have a difficult-if-not-impossible quirk restriction that none of the others do?!

Perhaps it’s so the secret won’t be discovered so easily. I have an alt with a low Steadfast quality, but by the time he gets enough scraps there will undoubtedly be an alternative of some sort.