Such a dreadful bore.

That would be Mahogany Hall, I believe. Fate-locked, so I’ll say no more.

Is there a list anywhere of all fate locked storylets and how to get to them? No spoilers, obviously, but I would like to have a shopping list at some point of all the options to spend my fate on.

I’m quite content with my clique as it is, but I’d be eager to follow a thread about one’s singular items and achievements. So eager, in fact, that I opened one already :) You can find it here, in the Fabularities section of the forum.

[quote=Spacemarine9]The conclusion of the Affluent Photographer storyline gives one or the other depending on who you side with
edited by Spacemarine9 on 5/14/2012[/quote]

Cheers. Now I just have to wait for the appropriate card =/

I have never heard of this thing. What is it?

[quote=amaresu][quote=Nigel Overstreet]
How many Cryptobotanical Rosettes do you have?

[/quote]

I have never heard of this thing. What is it?[/quote]

A reward for winning the Tournament of Lilies, I believe.

Where do you get, the Consonant Violin, the Iron Republic Journal, Clothes Colony and Unfinished Hat?
Where do you get Primeval Hints, Trembling Amber and Unusual Love Stories?

[quote=Twoflower][quote=amaresu][quote=Nigel Overstreet]
How many Cryptobotanical Rosettes do you have?

[/quote]

I have never heard of this thing. What is it?[/quote]

A reward for winning the Tournament of Lilies, I believe.[/quote]

Oh, that would explain why I’ve never heard of them. I’ve never actually succeeded in playing the Tournament of Lilies. It would get my vote for Story Most In Need Of An Overhaul as it’s almost impossible to play if you’re friends aren’t interested in it or behind you.

[quote=Branden Linton]Where do you get, the Consonant Violin, the Iron Republic Journal, Clothes Colony and Unfinished Hat?
Where do you get Primeval Hints, Trembling Amber and Unusual Love Stories?[/quote]

Consonant Violin: Spending Secrets with 5 Marks
Iron Republic Journal: Iron Republic
Clothes Colony and Unfinished Hat: Polythreme
Trembling Amber: Mahogany Hall
Unusual Love Stories: Here and there. Hunter’s Keep will also give you quite a few, but I tend to find them in random places.
Primeval Hints: I actually have no clue here. I’ve never heard of them. Edit: A bit of Wiki searching shows that this is gained through the Fidgeting Writer storyline.
edited by amaresu on 5/15/2012

It warms my cold, blackened heart to see my cold, blackened heart acknowledged this way. I’ve been reluctant to make the claim that I’m the most ruthless denizen of Fallen London for fear that I would turn out not to be…but that was certainly my goal.

QUICK! Everyone bombard @amaresu with Tournament of Lilies challenges until she wins the blasted thing!

QUICK! Everyone bombard @amaresu with Tournament of Lilies challenges until she wins the blasted thing![/quote]

Except that, in all likelihood, that would just make it harder for her to win if she has a low Attending quality. This is yet another reason why the story is in a big need of an overhaul; it actively punishes you for playing. -_-

Hmm, just how rare is A Bat with Attitude?

Rareish?

I tried to find one since I heard of it (around a couple of months ago) and never did. Though the card itself (Parliament of Bats) isn’t terribly frequent too. The bright side is that both the usuale rewards (3 Certifiable Scraps on a success and an increas in Connected: The Great Game on a failure) aren’t too shabby either, especially considering that Great Game is my pet connection and it isn’t easy to grind.

QUICK! Everyone bombard @amaresu with Tournament of Lilies challenges until she wins the blasted thing![/quote]

The sentiment is appreciated, but I’ve lived this long without it. I do check periodically to see if there’s anyone at the same level as me that I can attempt to challenge.

Kinda rare? I’ve got two of them and I’ve seen people with three. It’s just a matter of using the card everytime it shows up. The card also it’s terribly rare for me usually so that probably helps.

I tried to find one since I heard of it (around a couple of months ago) and never did. Though the card itself (Parliament of Bats) isn’t terribly frequent too. The bright side is that both the usuale rewards (3 Certifiable Scraps on a success and an increas in Connected: The Great Game on a failure) aren’t too shabby either, especially considering that Great Game is my pet connection and it isn’t easy to grind.[/quote]

I have three. When they first came out I got them about 1 out of 3 uses of the card.
I made a rule for myself a while ago, before the card did anything but raise Connected: Great Game, to always use it when it showed up. I’m not certain why. I guess I just like bats. It turned out well for me though.

[quote=Nigel Overstreet]Without access to your mantelpiece we’ve really no clue what it is you’ve completed and so are of little help when trying to think of things you haven’t; but off the top of my head:

Have you every item in the game including things like Primeval Hints, Trembling Amber and Unusual Love Stories?
How many Fourth City Airags do you have?
How many Cryptobotanical Rosettes do you have?[/quote]

I love how 3/5 you said actually have google results for this very thread. :P I thought I was far into Fallen London and maxed out as well as one should be, but goodness! You take the cake. I wonder if there will ever be a reason to have 150 in any reps. :{

And hey, I’m all for joining a high-level clique! I’ll accept all interactions forever!
edited by Vael Victus on 5/19/2012

By the way, pure Power of Posting: about one or two days after this conversation, POP! I found one :)