Such a dreadful bore.

I feel somewhat… bored. I feel as if I have completed everything. I have one of the nicest houses, have all my advanced item slots filled, am chained, seared , and scared and completed almost every mission that has currently been released (Including my ambition). Did I miss anything?

Are you at level 130 in all stats? Been to all the unlocked overseas places? Then yeah, you’ve probably done everything that’s out there at the moment.

Completed the Fidgeting Writer story too? It’s got an awfully frustrating game mechanism, but I’ve peeked that it gives one of the most compelling storylines I’ve ever read in Fallen London, if you manage to get to the end _

Without access to your mantelpiece we’ve really no clue what it is you’ve completed and so are of little help when trying to think of things you haven’t; but off the top of my head:

Have you EVERY house?
All PoSI items?
Is your equipment maxed?
Have you an Overgoat?
How high is your Master Thief?
How high are your Newspaper Accomplishments?
How high is your Experienced Zailor?
How high is your the Boatman’s Opponent?
Have you maxed out all your Quirks?
Have you maxed out all of your Connections? To at least 150?
Did you get the Consonant Violin? Iron Republic Journal? Anarchist’s Sabel or Neddy Jacket? Bifurcated Owl? Clothes Colony and Unfinished Hat?
Do you have a Rare Pet? A Bat with Attitude?
How high is your Connected: Masters?
Does your mantelpiece display and singular item and a singular accomplishment?
Have you every item in the game including things like Primeval Hints, Trembling Amber and Unusual Love Stories?
How many Fourth City Airags do you have?
How many Cryptobotanical Rosettes do you have?

That’s all for now, but I’m sure I’ll think of more later. If it turns out you actually have maxed out all these things then good on you mate!

Also worth stating: the game has no obligation to perpetually entertain us, and you can go away and come back later when they’ve added more content.

[quote=Nigel Overstreet]Without access to your mantelpiece we’ve really no clue what it is you’ve completed and so are of little help when trying to think of things you haven’t; but off the top of my head:

Have you EVERY house?
All PoSI items?
Is your equipment maxed?
Have you an Overgoat?
How high is your Master Thief?
How high are your Newspaper Accomplishments?
How high is your Experienced Zailor?
How high is your the Boatman’s Opponent?
Have you maxed out all your Quirks?
Have you maxed out all of your Connections? To at least 150?
Did you get the Consonant Violin? Iron Republic Journal? Anarchist’s Sabel or Neddy Jacket? Bifurcated Owl? Clothes Colony and Unfinished Hat?
Do you have a Rare Pet? A Bat with Attitude?
How high is your Connected: Masters?
Does your mantelpiece display and singular item and a singular accomplishment?
Have you every item in the game including things like Primeval Hints, Trembling Amber and Unusual Love Stories?
How many Fourth City Airags do you have?
How many Cryptobotanical Rosettes do you have?

That’s all for now, but I’m sure I’ll think of more later. If it turns out you actually have maxed out all these things then good on you mate![/quote]

…I could use some of this advice, actually O_o

I’m quite aware of most of the things in this list, but what would the singular items and singular accomplishments be? Are there any rare pets other than the Salt Weasel and the Haunted-Looking Dog? (the former I already got, the latter… I’ve been camping in Veilgarden since forever T.T)

Well, there’s the Rubbery Euphonium, which isn’t a pet exactly, but is plenty rare. (I’ve been wondering if there isn’t some script in place to prevent the ultra-rare pet cards from appearing once you’ve already got one. Anyone got more than one through card draws?)

A singular item or Accomplishment is something you have that no one else does. I have my Hedonism, Silas has Ruthless and so on. It needn’t be anything important, but if you are bored and looking for something to do, finding a way to distinguish yourself is, I feel, a noteworthy goal.

I have been wondering this as well; as I also have the weasel and have spent around three months doing my best (to varying degrees of success) to flip all my cards in Veilgarden. Then again, I seem to have fallen out of lucks’ favor of late, so it’s hard to say.

The main problem is knowing who’s got what! (I hoarded some 20000 Cryptic Clues, but I don’t even know if that’s a good amount by PoSIs standards).

I have been wondering this as well; as I also have the weasel and have spent around three months doing my best (to varying degrees of success) to flip all my cards in Veilgarden. Then again, I seem to have fallen out of lucks’ favor of late, so it’s hard to say.[/quote]

There’s the point that not much time ago FBG announced that they had tweaked the chance of the Weasel appearing lo make it less rare. I don’t remember anything about the Haunted-looking Dog; maybe it is still as rare as before (that is, VERY rare).

What are these things and how does one procure them? First I’ve heard of them.

The conclusion of the Affluent Photographer storyline gives one or the other depending on who you side with
on a Rare Items note, I wonder how many other people have knot-names? I know it’s something to do with Mr. Sacks, but i have no idea if they were available last Christmas or not (i’ve been on an extended sabbatical from Echo Baz- I mean Fallen London for about a year)
edited by Spacemarine9 on 5/14/2012

Mr Sacks gave us knot-names when we used Fate to send another player a Christmas gift. We could then sacrifice our knot-names to give us insurance when opening a gift we’d been sent - if we failed the luck check, we’d lost the knot-name instead of the gift. They’ve been available for the past two Christmasses, I believe.

Oh well I don’t remember anything! still it’s not like i have anything better for my mantlepiece so it’s staying there

The main problem is knowing who’s got what! (I hoarded some 20000 Cryptic Clues, but I don’t even know if that’s a good amount by PoSIs standards[/quote]

Perhaps a thread should be made for individuals to boast of their accomplishment of uniqueness. Or a clique where someone has to demonstrate a trait no one else, or to a degree no one else has, in order to join.

A Club of Queer Traits, in fact?

A League of Extraordinary Squid-Things? The Most Interesting Friends In The Neath? It might not only foster competition but join several individuals together and let us all discover more about what makes us special (in our eyes). If cliques do end up being important later on I would find this one to be the most enjoyable.

I’m not sure I’d qualify. I do have both a Dog and a Weasel, but as I indicated above, I’m not sure how unique that is. And I know at least one person has more Connected: Bohemian than me.

I’m pretty sure I don’t have anything even slightly notable in that manner, too busy trying to catch up with my massive 100-point Shadowy + Persuasive deficit to actually bother with obsessive collection. Oh well!
unless knife and candle rank is Something considering that K&C’s gone now, but even then I only have that at 8…

Trembling Amber is unfamiliar to me. Where’s that hidden?