Such a dreadful bore.

My alt played that option on the 25th and the Unlock was Steadfast 2. I didn’t see mention of it being strictly 2-8, but my alt is Steadfast 6…so maybe I would have received a hovering Unlock message along the lines of “Locked if Steadfast is over 8” if my alt was Steadfast 9. The other options had no such requirements, though. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Steadfast requirement disappears once the “something secret…” is revealed.

It’s an unusual restriction! If it’s to prevent us from discovering the secret, why not make it Impossible? If it’s to keep the option open for low levels, why a Steadfast cap rather than a Persuasive cap? Either way, I am, if not quite the Giant Squid of Anger, at least the Cuttlefish of Comical Modest Frustration.

Ah, but I only said easily. Maybe Failbetter doesn’t want it to be impossible, but simply difficult to qualify right now.

Does anyone, perchance, have an updated list of the kind the the good Mr. Overstreet offered very early in this thread? Other than trying to find the key(s) to becoming a Paramount Presence, I find myself at a slight loss in terms of worthy goals.

On deck:

• devote some actions to the Fidgeting Writer, which I have not yet even started
  • boost Master Thief and perhaps Feared Duellist a bit

…but those are really just to keep things ticking over. I’d welcome suggestions for plotlines that I might have missed. [Banned from court, finished with the Foreign Office, banned from and re-accepted to the University.]

Maybe I should go seek a long-lost daughter.

[quote=Ewan C.]* devote some actions to the Fidgeting Writer, which I have not yet even started[/quote]Speaking of accomplishments, I just had an idea: Someone should obtain one of every item/stage of the Figeting Writer storylets. I don’t see it in my near future because I’m currently grinding for a Sanctum which will be followed by a massive fate-dump, devil seduction, and continuing the Jack Case. When I run out of things to do, though, I’m going to collect every FW piece.

[quote=Ewan C.]Does anyone, perchance, have an updated list of the kind the the good Mr. Overstreet offered very early in this thread? Other than trying to find the key(s) to becoming a Paramount Presence, I find myself at a slight loss in terms of worthy goals.

On deck:

• devote some actions to the Fidgeting Writer, which I have not yet even started

…but those are really just to keep things ticking over. I’d welcome suggestions for plotlines that I might have missed. [Banned from court, finished with the Foreign Office, banned from and re-accepted to the University.]

Maybe I should go seek a long-lost daughter.[/quote]

Have you already maxed out Scholar of the Correspondence? The descripors seem to prelude to interesting things. I’d concentrate myself only on that if I wasn’t grinding for the Ubergoat as well, and maybe an Impossible Theorem, though it’s much less necessary now that I got a Spire Emporium.

[li]
About that: is it true that there is currently no way to raise Master Thief past the level-5 cap on Heists? If so, for those of us who managed to raise it past 5 before the cap was added, we have an accomplishment level that is unfairly impossible for anyone else to achieve.

[quote=Shadowhand][quote=Ewan C.]

[/quote]

About that: is it true that there is currently no way to raise Master Thief past the level-5 cap on Heists? If so, for those of us who managed to raise it past 5 before the cap was added, we have an accomplishment level that is unfairly impossible for anyone else to achieve.[/quote]

Well, that happens sometimes. Many Quirks have been capped too, so people having them higher are now some sorts of extraordinary gentlemen ^^

Anyway the game design is such that it will never require a higher value than the cap allows, so basically having higher than that would amount to little less than bragging rights or a proud display on your Scrapbook space.

Isn’t that what our ultimate goal is anyway?

[li]

Isn’t that what our ultimate goal is anyway?

[/quote]

Hmm, my own personal goal is to discover all secrets of the Neath and manufacture a decent happy ending for my character but I can understand the point of view - I appreciate a unique achievement like anyone else. The sense of my post is - it is true that introducing a cap means to make impossible for some players to reach those heights, but as long as that doesn’t hinder their gameplay then it’s of little concern. I think we’d better consider it more of a way to reward long time players, considering that while one achievement may become impossible, there’s still plenty of new unique rewards to proudly display on the Mantelpiece for newcomers.

Don’t worry; I merely jest.

My ultimate goal remains the utter destruction of my character at the dubiously existential hands of Mr. Eaten.[li]
edited by Shadowhand on 1/15/2014

Quick question: Does anyone else have TWO salt weasels? The card locks aftr you get it, but I won one in a twitter contest after my first one, so now I have a pair of them. As you can not name individuals of repeated pets, they are both named Mortimer.

I’m not sure, but I do have a Haunted-looking Dog and a Salt Weasel - like you, thanks to a Twitter contest!

Re Salt Weasels and Haunted Looking Dogs:

If the wiki is to be believed, then whether or not you can own both (absent Twitter contests!) depends on the order you draw the cards; a Salt Weasel locks you out of the Haunted Looking Dog card, but the reverse does not appear to be the case. In other words, you want to draw the Dog first, otherwise you’ll never get it.

No, all rare pets are mutually exclusive, barring twitter contests you cannot have more than 1 at the same time.

Let us not forget our good friend the Rubbery Euphonium! (I named mine George. He’s so playful.)