Stats vastly increased on some equipment?

By the way, those of you who have Overgoats; my Overgoat’s stat boost has increased, as well.

While it’s certainly possible for equipment prices to increase, I kinda doubt it. The point of this change is to balance things under Broad Difficulty. Changing the prices would affect this balance. Maybe individual items will be increased in price, but I don’t think it’ll be across the board.
edited by Sara Hysaro on 3/4/2013

People who have the Overgoat can even get the one that requires 200 watchful. Breath of the Void, I think?
edited by Dolan on 3/4/2013

That’s still not too bad. It just bugged me that a special event item, traded for a bit of fate, now gave practically the same benefits as a regularly priced glove.

+20 isn’t too shabby. Even if the goat might be…

Breath of the Void, here I come!
edited by Nigel Overstreet on 3/4/2013

You know, it’s hard not to look at this from a POSI perspective since that’s where almost all of us are, but I think this may make some portions of the mid-game much less grindy. Hard to tell without trying it, of course, but it seems logical.

[quote=Rowan Dusang]
That’s still not too bad. It just bugged me that a special event item, traded for a bit of fate, now gave practically the same benefits as a regularly priced glove.[/quote]

Well that’s how it’s supposed to be, I think. The Feast items are supposed to be memorable gifts, not pieces of Power Armor. And selling super powerful items for real money in game is always a bad idea.
Also, you know, even before the rebalanced the most expensive Feast item (Spider) had the same stats as a Bazaar sold Tiger. And nobody went screaming: Oh no, we were duped!
It is a little disappointing that the Spider does not seem to have it’s own card.

Also I had a 43 stat boost to Persuasive, when I logged in, but it’s rapidly dropping now
edited by Fhoenix on 3/4/2013

Correction, those with overgoats AND Mirror shined boots. Christ, when are we gonna get watchful boots???!

Could be! I’ve got an alt with stats in the 70s-80s and another with stats in the high 30s so I can try and see how it affects gameplay.

One thing I can say right off the bat is that it will definitely be useful to people who have uneven stats, which can often be the case during the beginning and mid-game.

[quote=Fhoenix]
Also I had a 43 stat boost to Persuasive, when I logged in, but it’s rapidly dropping now
edited by Fhoenix on 3/4/2013[/quote]

Yeah, when items equipped change the point total doesn’t seem to know what to do until you change your equipment. I had +51 Shadowy at one point. XD

I don’t know about the 70-80, but for the 20-30 the progress is actually slower. Before you could just do a lot of Almost Impossible challenges and level up really fast. Now there are no Almost Impossible challenges in the low level locations, and the Chancy ones give less experience. Plus at that level you can not really afford to buy anything above +1-2 items and those do absolutely nothing now.

I hope things like home comforts and clubs get upgraded too!

I see there’s some very attractive new artwork appearing for a number of goods and items, too! I particularly like the new ragged clothing image.

Perhaps I’m in the control group–I still see the same old artwork for Ragged Clothing. I like the new Intricate Kifers, though.

While it does serve a good purpose for Ragged Clothing, I cannot but help think it’s rather unsuited for Fourth City Rags. At least, going on what we know about Karakorum.

Yup, the new artwork is lovely - I especially dig the new masks - but the Fourth City Rags could maybe benefit from a darker color palette to seem less ordinary?

Yeah, I like the new Beguiling Mask mask too. But I think maybe the Prisoner’s Mask should have been left as is, would be less Palette swaps.
Also I wish they would rebalance and make an Extraordinary Hat better than the Semiotic Monocle. I mean it is THE definitive hat of the game. Also those teeth.

[quote=Fhoenix]Yeah, I like the new Beguiling Mask mask too. But I think maybe the Prisoner’s Mask should have been left as is, would be less Palette swaps.
Also I wish they would rebalance and make an Extraordinary Hat better than the Semiotic Monocle. I mean it is THE definitive hat of the game. Also those teeth.[/quote]

I actually like them as they are… The Monocle is much more interesting in terms of general usage (it already found a couple of nifty uses in roleplay too), and I am still wary of wearing a live toothed creature on my head :s

I’ve been enjoying a lot of the recent artwork, but this latest batch is a bit hit or miss for me.

I think the new Ragged Clothing image is fine as a piece of art, but as an icon, I’d rather just have the top half, to match the style of all of the other clothing items. Shrunk down as it has to be, it looks more like a deformed person than a set of clothing.

The new art for Nevercold Brass is particularly nice, though.

While it does serve a good purpose for Ragged Clothing, I cannot but help think it’s rather unsuited for Fourth City Rags. At least, going on what we know about Karakorum.

[/quote]

Agreed. Bring back the old Fourth City Rags art! ;)