Station VIII

[quote=Ulysses Kingfisher]I’ve started upgrading the kitchen here, but to what end? I see that you can cash in your dishes for pearls and a few scrip, eventually raise your quirks, a bit of menace reduction. Is there anything else? I’m not feeling sure that it’s worth the resources I’d be putting into it.

Edit: I see that this is discussed a bit above, but still a question in my mind. Maybe I’ll hold off until/unless other uses are evident.[/quote]
In-game information implies that the kitchen will tie into Parabolan content that hasn’t been released yet.

The Menace reduction is also much higher if you draw the card instead of just eating from the Kitchen storylet.

Some specific dishes have secondary uses. One of them can apparently be served in Helicon? A few claim to be useful as poisons, although I haven’t found how yet.

Me, after seeing that I only need 36 Steel to get to Station VIII: Oh thank Christ for that.

There do not appear to be any new experiments at the lab, despite the implementation of physical forms of emotions - at least not for the raw versions.

There’s a new card on Station VIII, which requires the Dirigible Mast. Without giving any spoilers, you should try to draw it as soon as possible.

If it’s the card I’m thinking of; unless you can pick the same option more than once, I kind of regret picking it, because I have nowhere near enough a good canteen or meals prepared to get all the options . . . now need to work on more &quotwithered tentacles&quot, wherever I get those from, and I doubt I have time in the &quotone day&quot it said, before I’m hoping the new railway station options appear.

If it’s the card I’m thinking of; unless you can pick the same option more than once, I kind of regret picking it, because I have nowhere near enough a good canteen or meals prepared to get all the options . . . now need to work on more &quotwithered tentacles&quot, wherever I get those from, and I doubt I have time in the &quotone day&quot it said, before I’m hoping the new railway station options appear.[/quote]
My guess is that it’s a Living Story, and you can make a new selection each day.

But in any case: You can new brew up tentacles in the Helicon House basement. Much, much faster than trying to fish for an alternate success on an airds-dependent option on a card in Jericho.

You ll also need eyes of icarus at 25 for the new recipe, which i neglected for some reasons

If it’s the card I’m thinking of; unless you can pick the same option more than once, I kind of regret picking it, because I have nowhere near enough a good canteen or meals prepared to get all the options . . . now need to work on more &quotwithered tentacles&quot, wherever I get those from, and I doubt I have time in the &quotone day&quot it said, before I’m hoping the new railway station options appear.[/quote]

[quote=Scona]You ll also need eyes of icarus at 25 for the new recipe, which i neglected for some reasons

If it’s the card I’m thinking of; unless you can pick the same option more than once, I kind of regret picking it, because I have nowhere near enough a good canteen or meals prepared to get all the options . . . now need to work on more &quotwithered tentacles&quot, wherever I get those from, and I doubt I have time in the &quotone day&quot it said, before I’m hoping the new railway station options appear.[/quote][/quote]

Is this where we learn that cooking is NOT OPTIONAL? (Sure looks like it, from the dialogue.)

And is there a Hinterland Scrip Kickstarter where I can get a quick 1300 scrip? :)
edited by Snort on 11/12/2020

“Drown it in absinthe. Prepare it for ignition.”

Why would you want to skip cooking, when you cook like this?

Is it profitable?

Do we have echoes of the most expensive reward at this point and/or if it advances the Railway story?

No. Concentrate of self and other stuff, in exchange for bottle of airag and few Masters cp.

At least it’s still optional.
edited by Aro Saren on 11/12/2020

Ah, good - I didn’t want to have to grind a new Concentrate of Self after this. THanks!

Simple meeting with master advances the story (seeking of Ankona part). Options are for profit (still not sure if there is any). Most expensive option is very expensive, but reliable way to increase Connection: Masters

Also, its a storylet. You can pour all champaghe you want into Mr Wines for a day.
edited by Waterpls on 11/12/2020

Yeah, but I’m at Connected: Masters Lucky 13, so it doesn’t help unless it advances the story. I can always look at someone else’s echo and get that space bat drunk on champers instead.

Edited to add that I can confirm you can get Wines to respond with both the &quotNo Commissioner&quot and &quotYes Commissioner&quot on your Board responses when asked about Furnace in the same day.
edited by Toran on 11/12/2020
edited by Toran on 11/12/2020

Oh, and also it caps Masters at 10, like all other reliable ways.

Is anyone seeing the new Furnace opportunity card yet, or does the RNG just not want to be nice to me? Edit: Or is &quotopportunity&quot a storylet and not a card? Either way, I’m not seeing anything there, and back in Moloch Street I also can’t get rid of the stoppage (or see an option to get rid of it even) :-S
edited by Robin Alexander on 11/13/2020

There is card on Station VIII, which requires you to have access to Dirigible Mast. Also it gave at least me only a hint (which I yet to check in Parabola) and may or may not require to be played multiple times with different options. Oh, it can’t be played more than once per day, as far as I can understand.
Keep in mind - I sometimes tend to understand thing very wrong though.

[quote=Alpha900i]There is card on Station VIII, which requires you to have access to Dirigible Mast. Also it gave at least me only a hint (which I yet to check in Parabola) and may or may not require to be played multiple times with different options. Oh, it can’t be played more than once per day, as far as I can understand.
Keep in mind - I sometimes tend to understand thing very wrong though.[/quote]

Oh, does the card to progress the Furnace storyline also need the Dirigible Mast?

I mean, I played one yesterday in regards to the Masters; is that the card you mean, or is it just both need the Mast?

I don’t think anyone has reached the continuation yet, but the likelihood is that the next step of the story is meeting one of the other Masters.