Station VIII

Discussion go here.

Oh god. The stoppage for this one is Cornelius getting some clay men to kidnap Furnace.

edited by Jules Asimov on 10/15/2020

And then it’ll turn out that they both were screwing the part of the company that just wanted to have their own place.

Oh bother. I’ve been postponing the appointment of a Balmoral Castellan for a week in case they implemented the Station VIII content, and literally did the Board Meeting an hour before this happened, since I figured 15. October has already passed, the options to decide for the Terrain disappeared and tomorrow, I may not be able to log in before Time the Healer hits. And now I’ll likely need to wait for another week to unlock the next Station…

Oh dear, and I ran my board meeting on Wednesday, what a shame.

Well, I suppose I can explore the woods in Balmoral for more bones: I need to build up my Hinterland Scrip after my vanity tour of putting up statues to myself everywhere.
edited by DuskWanderer on 10/15/2020

You’ll need two meetings to actually get to Station VII, and this time it seems like there will be no bureaucratic advantage. While Station VIII will eat 3050 scrip at most.

Anyone found the means to rescue Furnace yet?

Maybe check what the cops at Balmoral have to say, if anything at all? (Though I doubt that they care much about Furnace being taken.)
edited by Rostygold on 10/15/2020

It’s more like she’s to be held until a later point in the story - station itself, or next stoppage.
With all the railroading we’re given as of late - at least plausible.
edited by Aro Saren on 10/16/2020

&quotat most&quot? I don’t feel any better. :)

I wonder what this new station is going to have at it. And what factions will gain use from it.

7 Infernal Rifles - nah, that’s fine.

Dirigibles mentioned, means it’s Mr Fires domain. I guess, April will stick her nose too.
As to building - one statue, I guess, after that - either your own dirigible and hangar or assisting someone else’s.
edited by Aro Saren on 10/16/2020

I too made the mistake not waiting to see if it’d be released today after assuming it was too late in the day for it to be released, so I’m a week behind everyone else as well, at least my TtH is tomorrow.

I’m hoping there’s a way to rescue Furnace to resolve the work stoppage, because there’s no way I’m going to make her usurper union leader or one of Mr Fire’s goons leader either.

edited by Teddypimm on 10/16/2020

[quote=Teddypimm]I too made the mistake not waiting to see if it’d be released today after assuming it was too late in the day for it to be released, so I’m a week behind everyone else as well, at least my TtH is tomorrow.

I’m hoping there’s a way to rescue Furnace to resolve the work stoppage, because there’s no way I’m going to make her usurper union leader or one of Mr Fire’s goons leader either.

edited by Teddypimm on 10/16/2020[/quote]
I’m pretty sure that you have to allow one or the other for now. Not that I like it. I dislike both options too.
In other news, what do you guys think the statue requirements will be?

Well, we have all major skills covered now. What else do we have important? Notability, Paramountness, Ambition completion? Well, these are the only things I can think of.

Maybe the next statue depends on your renown with factions.
Like, you need fifty constables or a bunch of masters connected or something.

Pure guessing: the statue for one of the Masters you like the most. With option for Mr Cards for Mr Cards themselves.

Well, I’ve tried intercepting Cornelius’ mail again, checked the parabola, and checked a few other places.

[spoiler]No sign of Furnace yet. Which is extremely distasteful, as neither of the solutions appeal to me in the slightest, one is the person who arranged her disappearance, the other goes against the union ethos. It’d be nice to get some indication of whether you can find Furnace or not before making a choice between terrible and terrible.

Unrelated but if you make September Castellan, you get an option to add January to the board. Anyone know how many revs you can add to the board now?[/spoiler]
edited by Teddypimm on 10/17/2020

I think Furnace is planned to be rescued later in story. Yes, this is a bad case of railroading, but not the first one in this year.

Not sure if intentional…
edited by Lady Karnstein on 10/17/2020

I totally forgot Cornelius existed and never followed up the rumors…Now Furnace is gone and it looks like I’ll be stuck with Mr.Fires’ lackey. I’m sure we’ll get her back sooner or later but it’s a shame since I think Furnace would rather have her murderer as the union leader than one of Mr.Fires’.
edited by beekeeper307 on 10/17/2020