Snowbound?

Raise PtPT:TToL? It’s the only quality with an acronym that sounds like sticking your tongue out at someone!

Using a monkey will give you better odds and won’t consume it.
Otherwise, though; staring at it with a monocle will give you a good chunk of Taste of Lacre, which might come in useful. Writing a monograph in it will give you a Scholar boost over and above the normal cap of 10, as will the monocle option (monograph is way more potent, you’ll need 11 buckets if you go the monocle route). Eating it or disposing of it are fairly low value, the other options mostly give 12.5e items and 1-2 points of Taste of Lacre.

Is it worth purchasing a monocle purely for this purpose?

(And, also, I suppose, the purpose of not having to wear my ridiculous iron hat when I wish to have +5 dangerous!)

I think it’s worth it.

Thanks Sara. Monocle…purchased. Ubergoat…delayed by a week.

Do all the options on the lacre card use up the pail, or if you fail csn you try again?

I think you still lose the pail if you fail, so hopefully you succeed! ^^

Don’t you lose a large quantity of resources if you fail with the monkey? For those who did get the crab, was it worth it?

I didn’t mind the losses. It’s a unique pet. ^^ Not particularly useful, but still.

I had to try a few times before I succeeded. If you want a valuable pet for stat boosts, I wouldn’t recommend it. But it is interesting, and unlocked an interesting option that the feast of the exceptional rose.

So bet one is Spices/fires, FountIn one is cups/wines.
Looks like we cant really know for sure yet.
Are thee really more texts for it?

I saw one with Mr Pages from this year…I forget what the other text from last year was.

Damn. Anyone got text for pages?

Nope, 99.9999% sure its Spices. Spices is notoriously bad-tempered and normally a rival to Wines. Fires is actually rather affable as long as you are siding with him.

Last Christmas it was only Wines or (Mysterious Master I’m Sure Is Spices). They are always competing for love stories, ownership of dreams, and are bickering on twitter. Look at the end of the Jack storyline or the Mr.Sacks that was Spices and compare it to the text from that action.

I’m rather sure I know my Masters of the Bazaar.

The Mr Pages text is around here somewhere! Not in this thread, however (though I did find the Mr Wines text I hadn’t read before). I’ll keep looking.

Edit: Ah, found it. Check the journals of people who’ve recently posted in the Fate-Locked Content page. Somebody got Mr Pages and echoed it there. :)
edited by Sara Hysaro on 12/16/2013

Ah yes Mr Spices is such a grouch. Ive never seen Mr.Cups though.
Altough considering his relicers it whould make sense for him to deal in scraps or strange items like the fountain.

The one with the fountain is definitely not Cups. Most likely it’s Fires, I did think Veils for a moment, but it’s far too affable to be Veils.

-Enjoys working
-Deals in machinery
-Easily angered

Sounds like Fires alright.

Ruddy Twinkling would indicate red eyes, too.

[quote=Spacemarine9]Last year, you were able to shovel out other people’s paths, which gave both parties a pail of lacre. That option doesn’t seem to have shown up this year yet though.
You can also buy a pail from the Urchins on their opp card, but that will need urchins 20 and FIVE storm threnodies which is a ludicrous price hike compared to last year. There might be other ways to get them when Mr Sacks comes along, too, but who knows how that’ll go?
edited by Spacemarine9 on 12/16/2013[/quote]

[li]

So basically I’m limited to one pail of lacre this year if I take the fate-locked Snowbound option? YEAARGH

Time the Healer will bring a fall of snow now, as well as Christmas cards and free evenings and such. So not just one bucket of lacre, maybe three or four if no snow shovel social action shows up