Snowbound!

[color=#009900]Don’t worry, folks. You only need to be anywhere in London to see the Christmas content, and there’s still more content to come.[/color]
edited by Alexis on 12/27/2012

oh, so staying in my lodgings to draw cards was a bad move then, welp

It took three pails of snow, but I’ve got my horrible crab-thing that should not be at long last. phew

Sadface! It seems the 10-move option in snowbound gets you only the one pail. Does this snow return? I’ve so many experiments yet to do! For science!

Thanks for the word of encouragement! I’ve been waiting since Monday and have yet to see Mr. Sacks, though I haven’t left London.

Thanks for the word of encouragement! I’ve been waiting since Monday and have yet to see Mr. Sacks, though I haven’t left London.[/quote]

I was on the zee, but now I’ve returned for this seasonal joy =)

I think the woman and her daughter is a reference to the cheesemonger

Please respect the wishes of Alexis in the Mr Sacks thread - experimentation is fun!

“Hold off on the cut and paste spoilers, please, folks. This content will be around for at least a week, and a lot of folk will come into this thread cold.”

[quote=Alys Indigo]Please respect the wishes of Alexis in the Mr Sacks thread - experimentation is fun!

“Hold off on the cut and paste spoilers, please, folks. This content will be around for at least a week, and a lot of folk will come into this thread cold.”[/quote]

A question - is it possible to be visited by Mr. Sacks more than once? Because if you only get one go, there’s small room for experimentation ^^

There are multiple Mr. Sacks cards, but they all have different opportunities and are once-only. We couldn’t see all the content even if we wanted to. Heck, we can’t even view most of it - just a small piece, a sliver. The only way to solve the puzzle is to share our sliver pieces.

Please don’t copy-paste spoilers from this content until after the New Year; please, as ever, minimise spoilers and cut/paste. Thanks.

Currently a moot point, as I can’t find Mr Sacks for the life of me XD

Also, I deduce that spoilers AFTER New Year’s Day are allowed? I’d personally do with a little guide.

[quote=streetfelineblue]
Also, I deduce that spoilers AFTER New Year’s Day are allowed? I’d personally do with a little guide.[/quote]

[color=#009900]Sure! just use all the usual common sense and courtesies. Some people prefer teasing and tickling to outright spoilng.[/color]
edited by Alexis on 12/28/2012

[quote=Alexis Kennedy][quote=streetfelineblue]
Also, I deduce that spoilers AFTER New Year’s Day are allowed? I’d personally do with a little guide.[/quote]

[color=#009900]Sure! just use all the usual common sense and courtesies. Some people prefer teasing and tickling to outright spoilng.[/color]
edited by Alexis on 12/28/2012[/quote]

Ça va sans dire ^^

I am somewhat disappointed that snow is missing a “cook it on your stove to make white glim” option.
edited by Passionario on 12/29/2012

How does one raise “Putting the Pieces Together: the Taste of Lacre” above 7? Wine, Souls, and studying it through a Monocle won’t raise it anymore for me, and I know there are people out there with at least 8. Is my only hope Mr. Sacks (who hasn’t stopped by for a while), or is it done through an option from the pail that I’m missing or can’t use?

edited by hwango on 1/1/2013

It seems your only opportunity is via mr sacks.

Thanks - I was afraid I’d only be wasting my “snow” on the other options, but it’s good to know for sure.

Since it’s now after new year I hope this thread starts spoiling me with advice on which things to do with my buckets of snow. I don’t want to miss out on any of the terrible mysteries… :D

[color=#003300]Some of the nice options include, but are not by any means limited to:
Using your monocle to increase A Scholar of the Correspondence past 10
Doing something with a rat and gain an exclusive pet
Do something with pretty good odds, since that gives you a 12.50 € item on success (at the cost of some items, obviously)[/color]
edited by Aximillio on 1/2/2013

Thanks Axi.

Has anyone given some to mr sacks? I gave him a small diamond last time, he didn’t seem pleased… but it’s not like I had a big diamond. Maybe I should have tried giving him some snow.