Snowbound!

So, it snows in the Neath. What have you gentlebeings experienced? What is recommendable?

Well, following both a wiki entry and forum advice, I examined a pail with my Semiotic Monocle, exchanging the pail for an increase in Scholar of the Correspondence for the first time since… Forever, it seems XD

Also, I’ve got “A taste of lacre” 3.
edited by streetfelineblue on 12/24/2012

Is there a limit on the number of people who can clean your driveway? I accepted one offer, but every time I try to accept a second one, nothing happens.

As for experiments, I used the option that requires zee stories, and first attempt was a failure, but second (from me cleaning another person’s driveway) gave me a Story quality “Putting the Pieces Together: the Drownies 1 Who are the Drownies, really? And what do they want?”

Oh, sounds like I best head back to London to experience the holiday cheer.

Ack! I’m in Flute Street, and nowhere near finished all the delicious content there! Do I need to head back up right this instant so as not to miss any temporary merriment, or can I safely wait a day or two?

I have sent so many path clearing requests but I’m not even sure if most of the accounts are active any more
the christmas spirit!!

[quote=Zeviz]Is there a limit on the number of people who can clean your driveway? I accepted one offer, but every time I try to accept a second one, nothing happens.

As for experiments, I used the option that requires zee stories, and first attempt was a failure, but second (from me cleaning another person’s driveway) gave me a Story quality “Putting the Pieces Together: the Drownies 1 Who are the Drownies, really? And what do they want?”[/quote]

Do you mean Memories of Distant Shores? And drat, sounds like I’ll need a lot more pails. @_@

[quote=Spacemarine9]I have sent so many path clearing requests but I’m not even sure if most of the accounts are active any more
the christmas spirit!![/quote]

I’m active. Zeviz indicated it might be broken…

I just got back to London myself so I’m not sure what the hullabaloo is about yet

Add me on twitter and clear my paths. (do I have to repeatedly go to my lodging to let snow repeatedly pile up?)

Clearing paths works alright! I’ve helped a few people out.
If you have A Clear Path 1 (i.e. you cleared the path yourself or someone else did) then you can’t be helped because, well, your path is clear already.

I also just lost ‘marsh mired in dreams of sustenance’ when I got ambushed by a… dream I guess, on the way back to my lodging. What’s up with that? I didn’t even know I had any of that ‘quality’.

Have you accepted a social invite from Mr. Eaten recently?

The 10-action option for me gave me a boost in Connected: Tomb-Colonies and a pail of so-called snow, which I haven’t used yet.

I wanted to hire the urchins but figure I’d go for the biggest prize (and I guessed incorrectly that it might alleviate some of my scandal).

What did the Urchin option give you?
edited by Blast_Fantastic on 12/24/2012

I have not. I didn’t know to look for one.

[quote=Zeviz]Is there a limit on the number of people who can clean your driveway? I accepted one offer, but every time I try to accept a second one, nothing happens.

As for experiments, I used the option that requires zee stories, and first attempt was a failure, but second (from me cleaning another person’s driveway) gave me a Story quality “Putting the Pieces Together: the Drownies 1 Who are the Drownies, really? And what do they want?”[/quote]

You can only accept the one offer to have your driveway cleared. Any offers you have past the first are simply wasted actions on the part of the sender, I’m afraid.

I think Alexis said the content will be around for at least a week, but on the other hand, once you unlocked Flute Street you can go back there anytime you want, so you can just come back to your lodgings and then take another trip under-underground ^^

Does anyone know if there will be an opportunity to collect any more ‘snow’? I examined the stuff that accumulated on my doorstep with the semiotic monocle, and I’m beginning to wish I’d gone for one of the less sensible options. Eating it, feeding it to pets, sprinkling it on my pillow, making a certain little sacrifice… I want to do all of it, as unwise as that may be. Is it likely that I’ll have the chance?

If you’ve got Connected: Urchins 20 or more there should be an option in their Opportunity Card, I read somebody mentioning in the forum. Maybe in some other Opportunity cards too?

That would be a great use for those cards and finally give a reason for clicking on one.

[quote=Blast_Fantastic]
That would be a great use for those cards and finally give a reason for clicking on one.[/quote]

Actually they already added an option on most of the cards, giving a boost in the relevant Connecton for a small fee (around 10 Rostygold ususally). Not all the factions have it, but for example, Church, Bohemians and Society do. Constables do too, but it lowers Connected: Criminals, and the Tomb-Colonies have a singular one, very risky (only a 50% chance for success against a sure losso of 1x Broken Giant), but allowing to cultivate and acquaintance with the twin Tomb-Colonists known as the Mercies.

To quote a sidebar snippet: “In December, enterprising urchins sell bags of snow in Big King Square, even as the stuff lies in drifts around them. Ask them what’s wrong with the snow on the ground, and they shrug. ‘Pick it up if yer like,’ they confide. ‘Most of it’s probably safe.’” Failbetter, why can’t we buy us some snow?