Snowbound!

You can though! the connected:urchins card lets you get some off them, apparently

[quote=streetfelineblue][quote=Blast_Fantastic]
That would be a great use for those cards and finally give a reason for clicking on one.[/quote]

Actually they already added an option on most of the cards, giving a boost in the relevant Connecton for a small fee (around 10 Rostygold ususally). Not all the factions have it, but for example, Church, Bohemians and Society do. Constables do too, but it lowers Connected: Criminals, and the Tomb-Colonies have a singular one, very risky (only a 50% chance for success against a sure losso of 1x Broken Giant), but allowing to cultivate and acquaintance with the twin Tomb-Colonists known as the Mercies.[/quote]
Yes, but even the non-damaging options on those cards gives less of a payoff than you can already get from other places around Fallen London (and without penalties). The only good one is buying drinks at the warf to increase Connected: Docks, because there isn’t a better alternative elsewhere. The Connected: Hell payout is okay too. (The Society Connection card is also good if you need to heal some wounds). The others just aren’t cost-effective enough to justify spending an action.
edited by Blast_Fantastic on 12/25/2012
edited by Blast_Fantastic on 12/28/2012

Soooooooooo I’m excited.

I’m down one monkey, but check out my mantle!

[quote=MidnightVoyager]Soooooooooo I’m excited.

I’m down one monkey, but check out my mantle![/quote]

Oh my, that’s good luck! (I don’t think I’ll even try, I’m too thrilled at the chance of increasing Schlar of Correspondence ^^ )

[quote=streetfelineblue][quote=MidnightVoyager]Soooooooooo I’m excited.

I’m down one monkey, but check out my mantle![/quote]

Oh my, that’s good luck! (I don’t think I’ll even try, I’m too thrilled at the chance of increasing Schlar of Correspondence ^^ )[/quote]

I feel sorry for rats now, because I’m determined to get enough darn snow to get the fortunate for them. SCIENCE AWAITS!

Why is the icon for the crustacean the bazaar spires? ominous
Also does anyone know if the Mr Sacks card is lodgings-specific or not because i don’t really want to risk it

[quote=Spacemarine9]Why is the icon for the crustacean the bazaar spires? ominous
Also does anyone know if the Mr Sacks card is lodgings-specific or not because i don’t really want to risk it[/quote]

I’m not sure, so just in case I’m drawing all of my Opportunity Cards in the Lodgings ^^

If you’ve got Connected: Urchins 20 or more there should be an option in their Opportunity Card, I read somebody mentioning in the forum. Maybe in some other Opportunity cards too?[/quote]

Yep, you’re right - the card eventually came along, and required Urchins 20 (lowering mine from 20 to 17) in exchange for some more snow. I think it needed you to have a clear driveway, and to have already done something with the snow, but I could be wrong about that part. By the looks of it you can do this at least a couple of times too, although I don’t know that for sure and it certainly isn’t the commonest of cards.

Now I just need to decide what to do with the second batch… as harsh as it sounds, the ones that probably qualify as animal cruelty sound like the most intriguing ones.

If you’ve got Connected: Urchins 20 or more there should be an option in their Opportunity Card, I read somebody mentioning in the forum. Maybe in some other Opportunity cards too?[/quote]

Yep, you’re right - the card eventually came along, and required Urchins 20 (lowering mine from 20 to 17) in exchange for some more snow. I think it needed you to have a clear driveway, and to have already done something with the snow, but I could be wrong about that part. By the looks of it you can do this at least a couple of times too, although I don’t know that for sure and it certainly isn’t the commonest of cards.

Now I just need to decide what to do with the second batch… as harsh as it sounds, the ones that probably qualify as animal cruelty sound like the most intriguing ones.[/quote]

You do need to have a clear driveway to get snow through the Urchins card you’re discussing; I’m not sure about whether you need to have done something with your prior batch of snow.

Oh. Oh my. Now I simply must start grinding my Urchin quality for more snow.

O-oh.

Uh.

Okay, it’s probably less expensive when you succeed and fail to, say, feed your rat snow. If you want a crab. Just… just saying. Worse luck, so you need mroe snow, but… well…

oh god what am I going to do with two crab monsters
edited by MidnightVoyager on 12/26/2012

[quote=MidnightVoyager]O-oh.

Uh.

Okay, it’s probably less expensive when you succeed and fail to, say, feed your rat snow. If you want a crab. Just… just saying. Worse luck, so you need mroe snow, but… well…

oh god what am I going to do with two crab monsters
edited by MidnightVoyager on 12/26/2012[/quote]

…Try to make them mate? XD

So,I examine the snow, what now?

I finally got the Orphans card this morning just after I finally used up my snow.

Probably a coincidence, but I used up the second pail right away anyway (failing the luck challenge again, like usual).

Is it only me, or have everyone gotten snowbound again? Oh well, if anyone needs someone to clear their pathway, feel free to pm me =) Also, does anyone know what we can use the lacre quality for? Other than bragging rights, I mean.

Oh, and btw, Greyfields 1868 First Sporing now also uses the Bazaar Icon
edited by Aximillio on 12/26/2012

I’ve also found (and cleared) more snow from my lodgings - will help with others at their request!
MmeH

My pathway is still clear, it seems! Probably because i was in my lodgings or something
welp

[quote=Spacemarine9]My pathway is still clear, it seems! Probably because i was in my lodgings or something
welp[/quote]

Did you by chance have any outstanding requests for help in clearing snow from the last snowfall? I suspect that it would have interfered… though it is merely a wild theory at this time.

I believe I was in the Flit at the time this second snow occured… can anyone else confirm or refute the occurance of the second snowfall from their lodgings - or with outstanding offers to clear snow?

MmeH
edited by MadameHeather on 12/26/2012

I didn’t have any digging offers from other people, no. And my brother says the same: he was in his lodgings at the time of the snowfall and has a clear path. can’t clear out snow from his path either

i guess it’d be a lot more work adding a quality that stops you from travelling elsewhere if your lodgings are snowed in, but alas

Well then, it appears most of the active denziens of Fallen London will want to be out-and-about (i.e away from their lodgings) through the last of the 12 days of Mr Sacks visits.

–Madame_Heather