Sixth Coil Clues

Does anyone have an echo of giving the first Tiger clue to Huffam? Mine glitched out.

1 Like

All 7 clues are found and in Sixth Coil Clue Locations - Google Docs

4 Likes

I believe this one requires that you have the ES Go Tell the King of Cats (1000+).

3 Likes

I think this is it:

Straight from the top

This spurs Huffam into a flurry of notes and connections. Several piles are swept together to form one, much larger pile. “The tigers are not only not trying to win – they’re being ordered to lose!”

He turns to you, his eyes bright. “This is excellent, Ambassador. Well.” He collects himself. “Well, this is terrible, of course. It suggests something truly odd is at work. But this is a valuable lead – thank you.”

2 Likes

Going by the entries so far on the Wiki, the ‘top top’ vanity quality for turning in clues only applies to those who have spent all the Fate and unlocked/advanced everything. That means they can turn in all 7 clues.

For the rest of us, we can only aim for the second tier vanity quality. Which is attainable unless you are a pre-POSI newbie who hasn’t yet unlocked a large part of the game.

(This is at the second tournament, the max for the third tournament should be 28, and the max for the fourth tournament should be 35)

Levels
1-6: Part-Time Source
7-13: Dedicated Newshound
14-20: Dogged Pursuer of Hunches
21: Muckraker Par Excellence

Level Increase Descriptions
1: You’ve brought a lead back to Huffam.
2-6: You’ve brought multiple leads back to Huffam.
7: You’ve brought a bushel of leads back to Huffam. Expect a unique reward near the end of the event.
8-13: You’ve brought a bushel of leads back to Huffam.
14-20: You are, to be frank, beginning to make all of the other correspondents look bad.
21: You have proven, once and for all, that there is always a story.

For the rest of us, once you hit the required number of clues to attain the second tier vanity quality you can safely ignore Huffam’s clue side quest. Unless you are desperate to see/record certain texts.

For me, I can only do 5 of 7 of the third set of clues. Can’t do the ES-locked, and my Parabolan defences have not been fully upgraded.

3 Likes

I guess I can find two out of seven clues in the third set – Singing Mandrake and Cats and Bats.

The Keeper of Dyes is royally pissed off at present – there was a big row among the Tigers. Keep it under your hat…

1 Like

Please note this is not under the Singing Mandrake, i.e. not in the cellars.

1 Like

Again, link for text of Fate-locked clue (Duchess), followed by the one from your own Tigress.

1 Like

" *Empress’s Court → Ballet (needs completion)"

What was this?

1 Like

You need to complete a Ballet in the Empress’s Court.

But you need to have been banished and returned to Court, it didn’t appear amongst the base set of ballet completion options for my alt.

1 Like

Yes, same – no option at all.

Banish from Empress Court and return = unlocks Port Carnelia and Court of Wakeful Eye

Banish from University and return = unlocks the several Scientific Voyage islands in the middle of the map.

I didn’t technically get banished from University, I didn’t accuse the true culprit. :wink:

You select the stage a ballet option, get 17 inspired, then the option to do the estival-related ballet will be available (if you are not banished from court).

I did this, was not banished, and there was no option.

Did you get banished and then restored to court? (i.e., do you have the option to stage a ballet?)

I’d note that there’s no indication so far that there will only be 21 clues. We’ve got 2 more tournaments to get through, and both of the preceding tournaments had a disruption in the middle that added 7 more clues.

There’s 3 ballet options before you’re banished from Court, and additional ballet options once you’re Restored. Unfortunately the clue option is among the “Restored To Court” set.

1 Like

No. Because people were saying you just had to complete a ballet, so I did, so that was a bunch more wasted actions.