Sixth Coil Clues

I’ve not seen anybody do this yet, so I thought I’d set it up; here’s a thread where people can obliquely hint and/or outright tell people where the seven clues for this event are. I’ll go first, and I’ll do it in spoiler tags just in case this is bad ettiquete or something.

Clue 1

The Doors of The Sixth Coil, found in the Labyrinth of Tigers, completely free.

Clue 2

The Plans for the Labyrinth, found at Baseborn and Fowlingpiece, costs Legal Document.

Anybody else got any early leads?

5 Likes

I’ve got 2 more

Clue 3

Talk to the Clay Coalman at your lodgings (no cost)

Clue 4

Talk to the Honey-Addled Detective at Moloch Street (no cost)

5 Likes

Very nice, cheers. I’ve been scanning through a bunch of locations with my alt through heavy lag, and can so far confirm with reasonable certainty that for a nonfate player, these locations do not have clues;

Cleared Locations

The Shuttered Palace, The Empress’s Court, Mme. Plenty’s Circus, the Dept. of Menace Eradication, Wolfstack Docks, The Flit

I had a look myself and I can pretty confidently say there’s nothing in:

Locations

A state of some confusion, A slow boat

2 Likes

OK, the playerbase in general has managed to get all seven clues, but I’m a completionist so I want to get them all (unless one or more costs fate.) Huffham actually implies the location of one in his text on the vox populi option;

Possible Location

The Tiger Keeper might have it.

I’ll check it out and get back to you once I’ve gotten the one I’m working on.

1 Like
Last three

One is with the Bishop in the Fourth Coil, one with the Toger Keeper in the First, and the final one is with Mr. Inch in the Docks.

5 Likes

Checked the Court of the Wakeful Eye, couldn’t find anything new.

1 Like

I may be blind; I was sure I had checked

Place I Missed

the Docks.

Cheers, Darksquirrel.

So, the full list.

1st Clue

The Doors of the Sixth Coil. Found outside the Labyrinth of Tigers for players who haven’t accessed the coils yet, and in the Fifth Coil for those who have. Free.

2nd Clue

The Plans for the Labyrinth. Found at Baseborn & Fowlingpiece. Costs 1x Legal Document.

3rd Clue

The Honey-Addled Detective’s Dreams. Found in Moloch Street. Free.

4th Clue

The Clay Coalman’s Rumors. Found in Your Lodgings. Free.

5th Clue

Mr. Inch’s Knowledge. Found at Wolfstack Docks. Costs 10x Greyfields '82.

6th Clue

The Tiger Keeper’s Knowlege. Found in the First Coil. Costs 10x Appalling Secret.

7th Clue

The Bishop’s Knowledge. Found in the Fourth Coil. Free.

With thanks for the contributions of @Fforest and @DarkSquirrel, and the correction to the first clue from @wajib.

7 Likes

Thank you all so much!

3 Likes

I can’t find the above-mentioned 1st clue. Can someone confirm it can be found in any coil of the Labyrinth?

I don’t know. I was in the Fifth Coil when I got that one. It was in the Leaving the Fifth Coil storylet.

1 Like

Fwiw I have just verified that I see it in Leaving the Fifth Coil but I did not see it in Leaving the Fourth Coil.

My experience

My main got it in the Fifth Coil but my alt account has not actually got access to the coils at all, and was able to access that clue from outside. Maybe it’s outside the labyrinth or in the fifth coil?

Ditto My Experience

My alt had it available from the Fourth Coil (with no Fifth unlocked). They’re now in the first coil and still have a “Peering At Locked Doors” storylet which I think is the relevant one (although the clue option’s no longer there).

I found it outside – I can access the coils but not the fifth one. I wonder how that’s going to work getting to the sixth…

1 Like

New clue set, everybody. Time to look around.

First one found.

First Clue, Set Two

“Eagles and Horseheads” storylet in the Forgotten Quarter.

3 Likes

huh. how’d you get this? i’m not seeing any new storylets, and checking with huffam says there are still only 7 clues available

Not seeing it too. Maybe you have to be in Eagle team or something

1 Like

I’m Tomb-Colonies. You’ve gotta activate it in your Faction: Science storylet at Wolfstack. It opened up at midnight BST.

2 Likes