Sixth Coil Clues

Same for one of my characters. I didn’t pay close enough attention to check the requirements with the other characters but I suppose it might need a certain level of Artisan of the Red Sciences (Studies).

2 Likes

Yeah, i have 0 of that, not due to lack of trying…altho i forgot to report the findings to Not Dickens and just rushed off, lol. Maybe after i report in that will unlock the next step, but rn I’m out of actions, Bazaar-broke and frustrated.

You need to have gotten the Heist clue first, and to have access to the reflection of your lab since that’s where you start it.

Aside from that, I can’t see any other requirement.

1 Like

Yeah, i had the bulb and went to the lab in parabola, but i didn’t see an experiment or any way to examine it.

I guess one can’t think up experiments in the reflection of the laboratory until one encounters an engineering problem involving an impossible architecture. And that only happens when one tries to build a railway line out of London.

6 Likes

OH.

Well yeah, i didn’t even start manufacturing tracks yet.

So one clue is ES locked, one needs railway experience…I’ll try for the two clues across the sea but i don’t think i qualify. A bit disappointing! I wish they had a little “you need to have started a railway” message or something like that, so i wouldn’t have wasted the actions. Oh well.

2 Likes

I believe you need to have railroad for the khanate ones as well

2 Likes

Here’s a link for the text result of the Fate-locked clue.

6 Likes

Ah yes, I failed to check if starting new experiments from the Parabola even had requirements, it’s been so long.

And for the record, the clues in the Khanate will require you to have advanced quite far into the Railway as well.

2 Likes

Aww, thank you! The writing is my favourite part so this makes me happy.

Yes, at least Balmoral for the two Khanate clues, and resolving the blockage to build the first station for the research. And one other’s fate locked. So only 3 of 7 are easily available.

Looking back at last year’s - 20 clues, 1 ambition locked, 4 fate locked, 1 at the very end of Evolution, 2 from various points on the Railroad, 3 at sea, 1 in the Nadir, 1 in Parabola, one research, and 6 easily accessible. The clues only gave a vanity quality with top level being 10, so it certainly wasn’t crucial to get anywhere close to all of them.

3 Likes

I see, thanks! This was my first time doing Estival so i didn’t know anything was locked.

Meh - just tried zailing to the Khanate and failed to pass safely through the Snares. Time to play chess with the Boatman!

Edit - probably should have gone to my lab instead., but the allure of 2 clues was too much. Next time I’ll take the safe route.

It doesn’t help, that it doesn’t say that anywhere in game, once you have the option unlocked.

Well, I was looking at the wiki page, but to check the requirements for the experiment itself, not for the storylet as a whole.

Ah, you’re right, the wiki shows the hidden unlock requirement. Good to know.

Why I do not see clue intrigue in Khanate? Strenght of Network is 25.

You need to have your current Khaganian loyalty be to the Tortoise (from Pulling the Thread, not from the Estival).

Edit: Seems like that was my current Loyalty, out of pure luck since I can’t remember the last time I ran that carousel. Woohoo!

4 Likes

Help with clues please. I think I’m missing something. I’ve been through the Sunken Embassy both east and west. No clue. I don’t see the heist option. Nor anything at the Spider Symposium. I feel like there is something obvious I am missing but apparently not obvious enough for me! Any help would be appreciated.

I got the Embassy Clue by going East. It was immediately accessible once I started there, so I exited after that (I’ll need to finish an Embassy run at some point I guess).

The Heist Clue is found at the conclusion of a new Heist that you should immediately see upon starting planning on a new Heist.

The Spider Symposium is locked behind an Exceptional Story.

3 Likes