Sixth Coil Clues

Yes, it’s a permanent (non-opportunity) storylet that appears in Disgraced Exile to the Tomb Colonies. When I got it I had already beat the Whispering Duelist in the Ring of Roses and turned in the clue from the Ring of Roses. I do not know if turning in the Ring of Roses clue is absolutely necessary in case you’re already in the TC. It might be you just need to have gotten the Ring of Roses clue itself, which would make sense considering you have a key for something from the duel, not from Huffam.

1 Like

Yes, i had already beaten the Duelist. But when i was in the TC without having turned in the sixth clue, there was no seventh clue. So you had been to Venderbight twice or just once or not at all? Because if all it took was just going once, or just beating the Duelist without turning in that clue, i should have gotten it. So i guess getting the seventh clue needed the two previous trips to V, which really didn’t seem clear to me. Unless you had been there once?

It’s like the Khanate clue early on, or how you didn’t just need Parabola to do the experiment on the lightbulb, you needed to have started the railway too. Those requirements could have been clearer.

I don’t really remember how this part of Ambition Nemesis worked, if any particular number of trips to Venderbight were necessary. But what I can do is perhaps rephrase the requirements from the wiki page I’ve linked above?

All of the following conditions need to have been met:

• Have defeated the Duelist in the Ring of Roses and gotten the key from him (I understand you’ve done this already)

• The Coilheart Games need to be underway (all players currently meet this condition because this is a world quality).

• The Coilheart Games event needs to have been experienced up to a certain point by the character (you currently meet this condition since you’ve defeated the Duelist and that is the furthermost this event has gone so far).

• You need to have progressed your Ambition: Nemesis quality to level 17. I do not remember how many trips are necessary to do this, as I’ve done it a long time ago. What you can do is just keep following the Ambition story and check your Myself page after every step to see what level the Ambition quality is. When you hit 17, according to the wiki, you will have progressed enough in that story to be able to get the last clue for the event. (This is the one you missed)

• Once the first four conditions are met you need to be in Disgraced Exile to the Tomb Colonies. If I remember correctly you should probably still be there anyway once you’re done with the fourth condition.

I don’t think it’s about multiple visits, but the lead is actually in Grand Sanatorium, not Venderbight in general, so just having dipped in and out of there without playing the story isn’t enough to unlock the clue. The text for getting the ring of the roses lead ends actually differently, if you have progressed far enough. After the “This time, I will follow you” -bit, there’s the following text:

As you collect your winnings, you stop. That key – you recognise it, or something similar. It unlocks one of the Memorials vaults in the Grand Sanatorium!

2 Likes

Aw, yet for me, Nemesis was the only ambition with a reason strong enough to draw me to the Neath!

A diamond? Bah, I was a wealthy young lord, and leaving everything I had to get a gem I could never return to spend is silly.

A big game hunt? Meh.

A high stakes card game? That’s what Monte Carlo is for.

But pursuing my beloved’s killer? Absolutely. And having finished Nemesis, I don’t regret it at all. Except, perhaps, for one piece of artwork.

2 Likes

Ladies, gentlemen, squid of indeterminate gender, it is time for the final countdown. Seven more clues. Seven is the number, after all.

First one;

Final Set, Clue 1

The tiger keeper’s office, abandoned, in the second coil.

2 Likes
final set, clue 2

in your parabolan base-camp, search parabola for a place in the neath

final set, clue 3

a dream of thresholds, in your opportunity deck. the final piece of the new tiger-related recurring dreams

1 Like

New one;

Final Set, Clue 3

A Dream of Thresholds, new card in London

1 Like

heh. looks like we both found it at the same time

1 Like

Found another one, but it’s fatelocked. EDIT: No it isn’t, i’m just stupid.

Final Set, Clue 4

In Far Arbor, locked behind parabolan wars. Needs Her Roseate Splendor’s Favour.

EDIT: Got this one from the google doc, this one isn’t fate.

Final Set, Clue 5

On a Parabolan Parable in the inventory

1 Like

I’m low on actions, but I’ve checked the Whisper-Ways, Adulterine Castle, and Cat-aligned Dome of Scales and found nothing. Any chance there’s a new Parabolan Warfare option?

Damn, now it’s back to hoping to draw the proper Card against. And this one can’t be force-drawn either.

i checked the pavilion earlier, there weren’t any new wars to fight.

After discarding the Docks card 3 times, I realized I should have taken the opportunity to talk to my Panther.

Be glad that you don’t have to clear 10 cider cards in process…

the folks updating the google doc have found another lead

the court of the wakeful eye, with all four ministers and 20 tribute. i’m really regretting the fact that i stopped at 3 years ago…

1 Like

Echo of the clue. On an additional note, I just wanted to thank everyone contributing to this thread and to the document. My participation in the event would have been much more difficult without your assistance. Cheers to all of you, delicious friends.

7 Likes

Probably an idea not to play the “end of the Games” storylet before going to look for these… :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

Nah, you have to. They won’t appear without the quality you get from it.

Seems the last clue is in the Stacks.