Estival: The Sixth Coil is here!

The quality change description upon delivering a 7th clue already mentions a unique reward. If this is the only mechanical reward for collecting clues it sure bodes well for newer players that a lot of clues are easily accessible.

My guess is that from the new crop the Pilgrim’s sandals are probably the best “general purpose” item. General purpose as in excluding roleplay reasons or the desire to maximize profit in a particular grind.

I delivered the 7, but the story where you can do that is still there.

Locations of the clues:

1. Labyrinth - The gate to the Sixth Coil
  2. Labyrinth - Bishop
  3. Labyrinth - Tiger Keeper
  4. Moloch Street - Detective
  5. Wolfstack Docks - Mr Inch
  6. Bazaar Side Streets - The Offices
  7. ?
1 Like

Congratulations to Charles Dickens on getting a new look!

4 Likes

So… I guess I’m too late to submit clues?

Please have a longer window or grace period for such things. I remember when Zee monster hunting event was first implemented, it ended almost as soon as when it started.

Keep in mind people might be offline, doing other stuff or located in different time zones.

1. Your Lodgings - Chat with the Local Gossip, Speak to the Clay Coalman

All clues have been collated in this thread.

3 Likes

…may I kindly ask what’s the context for this post?

It’s not too late, you can collect the clues and still submit them to Huffam.

4 Likes

Good to know, thanks. Because I’m stuck for now at some in-game location, and it’s almost time for my nap.

1 Like

Being in west coast Canada timezone, I’ve given up on ever actually being able to successfully help initially complete any clue, everyone across the waters is way too efficient at wrapping them up before I’m even out of bed! I guess a low 100 threshold ensures that it’ll get done in a timely manner or something.

2 Likes

Checked with an alt that can get a clue and everything still works.

Our Mr. Huffam got a nice face lift to this!

6 Likes

Yeah, I know you can still submit them and get any rewards after they’ve been filled, but I still wish there was more time to participate in the filling, just because it’s fun feeling like you contributed.

It’s not a big deal, but I just don’t understand what the point of keeping it that limited is, surely they could increase the goal quite a bit more without having to worry about it going uncompleted, and as it stands it’s a whole mechanic that only a pretty tiny set of players actually manage to fully enjoy. A small grouse, but I’m still grousing it.

6 Likes

The storylet does say there’ll be more clues as the event progresses.

Huffam is Dickens. Simple as.

5 Likes

I don’t think it’s limited. Last years players could delay as much as possible their own progress. I did that too last year just to gather all the possible clues and I think everything stretched out over 3 weeks.

You are correct that the clues are always collectable by everyone. All we’re talking about here is what happens when you turn them into Huffam. There is a brief early period of the first 100 turn-ins that Huffam sees that contribute to developing his understanding of the situation, but that progress bar caps at 100. So for many or most of us, there is a distinct “late to the party, didn’t contribute anything to this mystery” feeling. There is no mechanical consequence afaik, and possibly even no textual difference, it just needlessly makes us feel like we can’t really contribute in-story to the event.

6 Likes

Thanks for explaining, I was having trouble saying it understandably!

1 Like

It’s happening!! The Wakeful Eye, burning bright!

“A Striped Officiant is all smiles, which is unfortunate in a tiger” i already love the writing for this

7 Likes

If we might describe things as “Dickensian” in our own world, I wonder what the Neathy equivalent might be. Huffian? Huffamish?

3 Likes

Oh, okay. Thanks skinnyman.

Like, in the same way that the traitor empress is queen victoria and i think the manager is Gilgamesh(although he probably isn’t)? Oh that’s really cool! Thanks DarkSquirrel.

1 Like