Seeking Mr. Eatens Name [locked meta thread]

7 candles of 7 false st, 7 masters (from one of the destinies of Hallowmas we now know there are 7 of them, even though I wonder about Fires now…).
edited by Emain Ablach on 11/2/2013

Seven masters? I was under the assumption that there were more than that. But yes, seven is the Number.

The beginning of the Destiny states that you’re one of a dozen travellers; counting everyone who speaks, there’s at least nine not counting yourself.

And that doesn’t necessarily mean that there are only 11 masters, either, as their number could have dwindled by the time the Destiny happens. We’ve seen that they can die, after all.

…I still wonder if Mr Names is a real master, or just a gaming abstraction, though.

Oh, true, I didn’t pay enough attention to the beginning of the text. :)

How long has &quotA contretemps in a restaurant&quot had an option for St. Gawain’s Candle? Is this new?[li]

edit:
Never mind. I guess I haven’t been following this thread closely enough.
[/li]
edited by Guy Scrum on 11/5/2013

I noticed that. Quite Facinating really. However, I still need the third candle before I can bother with the forth.

St Gawains candle is not the ffourth candle; St Destin’s is. It’s available through the Hallowmas glimpses of the future and probably no other way yet (it doesnt require you to have the third candle, only that you be a current Seeker of the Name)

Gawain’s candle is probably the seventh; G is the 7th letter of the alphabet.

If there’s anyone on here that has St. Destin’s Candle, I’d very much appreciate it if you would consider taking a Confession from me and betraying me using the St. Dustin’s Candle option in the Confession at the Feast of Masks storylet once it becomes available.

You would probably make this Seeker a very happy and very miserable man at the same time. :) If you do so, please mention that you’ve got the candle and will betray me - so that if more than one offers I’ll only accept one, freeing the other to betray someone else.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/NinjaComedian[li]
edited by NinjaComedian on 11/13/2013

[quote=NinjaComedian]If there’s anyone on here that has St. Destin’s Candle, I’d very much appreciate it if you would consider taking a Confession from me and betraying me using the St. Dustin’s Candle option in the Confession at the Feast of Masks storylet once it becomes available.

You would probably make this Seeker a very happy and very miserable man at the same time. :) If you do so, please mention that you’ve got the candle and will betray me - so that if more than one offers I’ll only accept one, freeing the other to betray someone else.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/NinjaComedian[li]
edited by NinjaComedian on 11/13/2013[/quote][/li][li]
[/li][li]Will do. :-)

[/li]

babelfishwars, will you do the same for me? I’d adore becoming more damned if you’d do the honors.

:-)
I’ll try - but I can’t seem to get some of you up to get to confess to me. :-S Perhaps you’ve already confessed? Ditto NinjaComedian. :-(

I have mentioned this elsewhere, but this thread is more appropriate - I would also like to be sorry for having received this candle.

:-)
I’ll try - but I can’t seem to get some of you up to get to confess to me. :-S Perhaps you’ve already confessed? Ditto NinjaComedian. :-([/quote]

[li]

Sorry - I think a confession kicked in and lowered my menaces. Can you try again? I should be available for a confession of whimsy - if that’s the scandal and suspicion one.

I’ll wait until I get one from you to accept any to make sure.

And I’m well aware that betrayal with the candle will probably backfire on me. But that’s all part of the search! :) Either way I really appreciate this.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/NinjaComedian

As another fellow on the search I would wish for the blessed curse of betrayl from such a candle.

I wonder if one of us is betrayed by a holder of St. Destin’s Candle and actually receives, would they in turn be able to pass it on to others by betraying them?

If that how it works then we could set up some kind of chain to pass it along to each other so long as we have trusted each other with Confessions.[li]
edited by NinjaComedian on 11/13/2013

If it works like that, I wouldn’t mind chaining in such way. As long as it’s not another $number chains.

Of course, being betrayed in this sense is probably going to be horribly painful - let’s not lose sight of that. On the other hand, it’s not like any dedicated Seeker will care that much.

Yes loss is not such a terrible thing in most cases. However, I find myself often needing to remind myself that this really is only a game.

Hmmm perhaps an entire candles worth is too much to ask for to have an error eaten…