Seeking a Chain Letter [Mr. Eaten's Calling Card]

Since I’m the one who created that page (:)), I can confirm that this indeed was the listed requirement (can’t confirm again at the moment, since I’m on the Isle).

I haven’t actually tried to pass the card to anyone with such a low SMEN level. You need a SMEN level of at least 21 to actually make progress on the Isle, though.

edited by dov on 7/27/2016

Cool–I thought maybe it had been changed radically!

I am now at SMEN 21, and so I would like to receive a calling card.

fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Captain~Kaladin

In the name of discovery and the mutual insanity that is Seeking, I will volunteer to sell all the things required to reach Winking Island and make Preparations when I hit SMEN level 7, and we can test whether this works, and if anything different and exciting happens.

I fully expect this to be a useless meaningless loss, and there to be nothing for me to do with the card except give it back to the person who lent it to me.

(Someone has to learn. The someone may as well be me.)

I’ve got seeking 9, along with an equally stupid will to screw up my character. I’m at sea now, but if someone could send me one on Thursday that’d be great.

No, no, I take it all back, just read an_ocelot’s thing. Won’t want one for a while now.
edited by Lord Vaustus on 7/30/2016

I’m on the verge of getting my own calling card, with several thousand echoes to retry if I fail the luck check. Don’t send one to me.
Also, for the new additions, work on this list seems to be fairly slow. Winking isle seems pretty long.
Edit: yep, got it.
edited by suinicide on 7/28/2016

No, no, don’t! You can’t cash in the Fasting & Meditating you gain until you’re at Seeking 21–that is a definite requirement on the cash-in storylet that I put in the wiki myself, I just forgot about it until dov reminded me–so it will be NO USE AT ALL to go there before Seeking 21!
edited by an_ocelot on 7/28/2016

So as I am on Seeking 25 at this point I will soon be able to obtain my own card, so I shouldn’t need sending one. :)

List status… ?

suincide -> elvor -> Catherine Raymond (level 8) -> Guy Wegener -> Delmar Tramontane -> Captain Kaladin -> Teaspoon (level <7?)

If I’m all up to date: suincide and elvor have gotten there on their own, and C. Raymond is still too low to put it to use for quite a few levels, so Guy Wegener is due? If that’s all correct so far and nobody posts to contradict it in the next couple hours, I’ll be shipping this curse along to its next sufferer. I’m sorry, in advance, for your loss.

Thanks again to dov, who helped speed my wild journey of self-immolation with this very card. I’ll start producing additionals as soon as possible: a delivery is not to be postponed indefinitely. Looking at you, Bazaar.
edited by Parabuteo on 7/30/2016

[quote=Parabuteo]List status… ?

suincide -> elvor -> Catherine Raymond (level 8) -> Guy Wegener -> Delmar Tramontane -> Captain Kaladin -> Teaspoon (level <7?) -> Lord Ivastus (level 9)

If I’m all up to date: suincide and elvor have gotten there on their own, and C. Raymond is still too low to put it to use for quite a few levels, so Guy Wegener is due? If that’s all correct so far and nobody posts to contradict it in the next couple hours, I’ll be shipping this curse along to its next sufferer. I’m sorry, in advance, for your loss.

Thanks again to dov, who helped speed my wild journey of self-immolation with this very card. I’ll start producing additionals as soon as possible: a delivery is not to be postponed indefinitely. Looking at you, Bazaar.[/quote]

Wouldn’t like one anymore, let teaspoon do the suffering.

Struck from the list! Not burning yourself on the pyre of Candles is a smart call.
edited by Parabuteo on 7/30/2016

I’m having second thoughts after An_Ocelot’s timely warning as well…

except that, again, nobody else is going to be that absurd. So who’ll be scientific about it and test the possibility if I don’t?

(besides, at my level in the game, getting rid of everything isn’t such a terrible thing. Excepting the bottle of Airag from my last expedition, I have nothing that isn’t easily replacable, so I can invest the echoes in various bits of shiny equipment and start POSI grinds fresh.)

Assuming that all goes well, I’ll be at SMEN 7 by Sunday teatime.

(postscript: I have all of two Searing Enigmas. Can’t possibly make a new card any time soon, I’m afraid.)
edited by Teaspoon on 7/30/2016

Sent it on to Guy Wegener. Good luck. May the RNG favor you.

A kindly soul sent me a calling card, but now I am high enough level to earn my own I’ve passed it on to the good Delmar. Now to keep flipping opportunities in search of God’s Editors.

So is Captain Kaladin up next? I’m ready to pass this singular card onward.

I’m not sure whether LawrenceKeyworth passed theirs on, but Captain Kaladin didn’t have a card so off to them it goes.

I had not yet!
In was unsure as to the queue - whomever is still waiting and lets me know will receive it toot-sweet!

That leaves me, I believe. I’m at SMEN 7, so I should be able to receive it.

And then do nothing with it because I don’t have A Question set yet, so if anyone else wants one I can probably send it on immediately.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/Teaspoon here’s my profile
edited by Teaspoon on 8/4/2016

Sent, Teaspoon.
I will say enjoy, even though that is seeker-verboten - all the text is beautifully atmospheric.

I have carefully rid myself of nightmares and wounds, and slept with the calling card…to confirm that there’s absolutely nothing you can do with it except look wistfully at the island.

So. For science and all.