Second Thoughts!

I routinely run other programs while I play (browser, Skype, even if I’m not playing music in iTunes I have it open, basic image editor for screenshots and such; I run it in windowed mode, making multitasking while zailing much easier) and it never even occurred to me that that might cause or exacerbate problems. I should probably start mentioning that in my bug reports.

Reliably? Because otherwise I think we might be talking about the same thing: looting a ship, as opposed to a monster, after beating it will give you a Collection of Curiosities with unpredictable contents and one possibility is fuel.
edited by CameoAppearance on 5/23/2014

Having a blast with the update! Shepherd’s Wash is now filled in… my long loop from Venderbight to Gaider’s Mourn is now more interesting. Though now I do have to watch the fuel more closely.

And it is rather pleasant to be able to sail around a tiny bit faster with a full crew… and to not have auto firing menace cards all the time with terror above 50. Buys time to get down to Mutton Island and buy everyone many many rounds of … well-alcohol.

[quote=N156]
I played a new game since the update. Mainly because I want to see how tough it is. And it is. Also, already send a bug report.

I am asking if anyone else is experiencing the same glitchyness as I do, which mainly refers to, glitchy frame rate, turning speed varied, getting stuck in ports and such.[/quote]
I am having that happen sometimes, actually. I had assumed it was from an old save, since it hasn’t happened to me since I made a new one. How are you running the graphics? What resolution? Are you playing with other apps/programs running?

Beginning to feel at home in the under zee and I dream of sailing endlessly.

I would love to see a time stamp on the saves. Also, when you mouse over the chart, it would be nice to see port names.

[quote=Zack Oak][quote=N156]
I played a new game since the update. Mainly because I want to see how tough it is. And it is. Also, already send a bug report.

I am asking if anyone else is experiencing the same glitchyness as I do, which mainly refers to, glitchy frame rate, turning speed varied, getting stuck in ports and such.[/quote]
I am having that happen sometimes, actually. I had assumed it was from an old save, since it hasn’t happened to me since I made a new one. How are you running the graphics? What resolution? Are you playing with other apps/programs running?[/quote]

• I have a poor Intel HD Graphic, if that mean anything
  • 1366 x 768
  • And no

I’ll have to check but I think there are two different types of pirate ships and the tougher one gives both fuel and supplies when you loot it.
edited by reveurciel on 5/24/2014

[quote=N156][quote=Zack Oak][quote=N156]

I am having that happen sometimes, actually. I had assumed it was from an old save, since it hasn’t happened to me since I made a new one. How are you running the graphics? What resolution? Are you playing with other apps/programs running?[/quote]

• I have a poor Intel HD Graphic, if that mean anything
  • 1366 x 768
  • And no[/quote]

If your graphics card isn’t up to the level of graphics you have it set to (adequate, charming, sublime), you’re probably going to encounter some problems with the processing. I have an intel I7 with integrated graphics card, and I try not to run it on anything more than &quotcharming.&quot As for your resolution, find out what the actual resolution of your monitor is supposed to be. Running it in slightly lower resolution might also make the glitchy framerate less of a problem. The rest of it, see what kind of processes you have running in the background, and how much memory they passively use.

[quote=Zack Oak]

If your graphics card isn’t up to the level of graphics you have it set to (adequate, charming, sublime), you’re probably going to encounter some problems with the processing. I have an intel I7 with integrated graphics card, and I try not to run it on anything more than &quotcharming.&quot As for your resolution, find out what the actual resolution of your monitor is supposed to be. Running it in slightly lower resolution might also make the glitchy framerate less of a problem. The rest of it, see what kind of processes you have running in the background, and how much memory they passively use.[/quote]

The problem is that previously, it work charmingly well in the previous build. No problem in regard to graphic, except for a few non-graphic related bug and unfinished game.

yeah, I’ve experienced the same sudden stuttering in this build. Also, anyone else found a workaround to the bigger ship/bigger engine getting stuck in dock?

[color=#009900]Anyone who’s seeing performance issues with the new build - if you could send us a bug report with as much detail as possible on your machine and OS, preferably with an output log, this would be really helpful. It sounds like it’s something more specific than machine power (my work desktop doesn’t have much graphical grunt).[/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]If your ship’s stuck in dock in the latest build, clicking the engine to load fuel manually should sort you out. We’re looking at this, though, since we thought it was fixed.[/color]

yeah, even if I load the fuel manually it doesn’t get going. Will send a bug report regarding the stutter issue when I’m on the main PC

I haven’t played much with the latest patch, but my biggest problem is that sometimes the music would just stop (sound effects still working). It’s really uncomfortable zailing on and on with no background music, just the sound effects of the water.

Everything mercifully smooth (and although graphics on sublime eat battery life, there are not other problems).

BUT: what is up with the ‘hulks’ now to be found? Ye gods - I assumed that anything ship-like could be fought, and found out my error only after 70 hull points had been consumed - yuck! Seemed a bit of an unwelcome punishment for adhering to an assumption that the game had constructed (although I should have noted that I had not received any Fragments for discovery, I grant).

[quote=Ewan C.]Everything mercifully smooth (and although graphics on sublime eat battery life, there are not other problems).

BUT: what is up with the ‘hulks’ now to be found? Ye gods - I assumed that anything ship-like could be fought, and found out my error only after 70 hull points had been consumed - yuck! Seemed a bit of an unwelcome punishment for adhering to an assumption that the game had constructed (although I should have noted that I had not received any Fragments for discovery, I grant).[/quote]

They appear to be lighthouses of some variety. They look way too boatlike, though.

[color=#009900]They’re lightships: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightvessel . It never occurred to any of us that people would try to encounter them, though in hindsight it’s blindingly obvious. This is why betas are useful! :) From the next update, they should no longer be so lethal.[/color][li]

Maybe put a bit of lore regarding them into the game? Something in the Recent News about the Light Vessel fleet getting fresh additions or something… most people that aren’t familiar with maritime knowledge might get a bit confused by them; I had no idea they were a thing that was actually in real life until your post!
edited by IHNIWTR on 5/26/2014

A question: do flensing salvos no longer work as an option to attack crews with? Because I haven’t been able to use them against any of the vessels I’ve encountered. Unless they require a lot of illumination to use, in which case I missed that.

Already tried maximum illumination, still no flensing attack for hostile ships. Then again, that attempt is in a build with a save I deleted so who can say/confirm with the latest build?

btw, anyone notice a new update recently, about a new content for the tomb-colony?

One thing I am wondering about is that bright light from the South East through Gaider’s Mourn. I tried to follow it to its source but the Terror was growing and supplies diminishing rapidly so I headed back without finding it.

But I must say that the way it flashes gets very distracting and I’m wondering if it is a possible migraine/epilepsy trigger.

Also wasn’t there supposed to be a fix on the beasts/ships. I’ve done several loops of the islands just seeing a few crabs outside Wolfstack Docks and maybe encountering one other thing to fight during a voyage.

not really a fix as much as an increase in spawns; they still roam all over the map though, including the unfinished parts, so we don’t see them as much. The more map parts get added the more spawn points will as well, so beasties from all over will be able to travel across the zea