Seasonal Event: All Hallow's Eve (Halloween)

Though at least one of the branches is reasonably lucrative, if you’re willing to cycle through Airs (I do it in Spite, robbing drunks).

(Edited because I misremembered the values included and probably overstated things. Also, in attempting to edit this on my tablet, I managed to report myself to the mods like four times, sorry about that.)
edited by an_ocelot on 10/17/2013

So…y’all robbing drunks and feeding offal to Drownies down by the Stolen River? 'Cause that’s what I’m imagining half of you doing.

And Alexis sits back nodding his head while saying, &quotJust as planned.&quot

Anyhoo, found the Fingerking icon earlier:[spoiler]http://images.echobazaar.failbettergames.com/icons/fingerking.png

Now I see why it’s nicknamed a &quotFingerking&quot! That itty bitty cutie is the size of a finger.

I hope we can be friends. Rather the alternative: it tunneling into my mind, pressing my consciousness shut, and wearing my skin. Let’s be friends.[/spoiler]

What’s this all I hear about selling souls? Is there some new way to do it? I don’t see any new options, but I do not have my soul on me. Should I try getting it back?

The Hallowmas storylet at your lodgings provides a Fate-locked option at certain Airs of London levels. It might not show up if you don’t have a soul!

I used an alt on the Fate locked option. They ended up with their very own infernal contract and an item I haven’t seen anywhere else. It doesn’t appear in the sell section of the Bazaar, yet.

And what an interesting and fantastic weapon it is. Though one wonders about it’s potentially limited number of uses…

At long last I have rejoined the ranks of the soulless :)

I was briefly numbered among the 11%, but the devils seem so careless with their property

Just got my soul back but, if I get the opportunity, I will try the fate-locked story.
Also found out that Light the candle in the horse’s skull locks when you get to Making Waves 11. Don’t know about the other options yet.

If Alexis could chime in on this: I’ve heard some unfortunate things can happen to the soulless who have stains around this time of year. Is this still a danger if one is no longer properly Seeking?

Serve Wine with Bitter Herbs also locks at MW 11.

As does whispering secrets to mirrors.

The Drownies one doesn’t cap at Making Waves 11, but Putting Pieces Together cannot be raised above 2.

Sadly I have hit the cap. Back to writing my short story.

Just something small but interesting regarding “Serve Wine with Bitter Herbs”: the text mentions the (Neath-only!) Proverbs 41:3, but Proverbs 31:4-7 (in our Surface versions) discusses the drinking of wine. Coincidence?

Also, the reversal of numbers might well have something to do with the theme of opposites replacing each other at Hallowmas.

The +12 Dangerous weapons seems sweet, but is there a way to get it without getting Your Own Infernal Contract? I always kept my soul in case it was ever needed, and I’m not eager to lose it for something only marginally better than what I can buy at the Bazaar ^^

There is an opportunity card to recover your soul in return for some nex and a bit of searching.

[quote=Anstruther Barron]

There is an opportunity card to recover your soul in return for some nex and a bit of searching.[/quote]

Well, yes, I know, but I’d prefer not to lose the soul in the first place ^^

[quote=streetfelineblue][quote=Anstruther Barron]

There is an opportunity card to recover your soul in return for some nex and a bit of searching.[/quote]

Well, yes, I know, but I’d prefer not to lose the soul in the first place ^^[/quote]

My own soul has been torn from me so many times I barely notice its passing

I suppose that’s a good pastime as any :)

I am ready to change my stance should the opportunity be worth it, but for now, mainly for character reasons and secondarily as a cautionary measure, I like to keep my soul clean and in my possession, and to never die or go mad.
edited by streetfelineblue on 10/17/2013