Savour the Fruits of the Zee!

Ah, that’s not frustrating AT ALL. [/sarcasm] I’m starting to agree with the general disappointment, I’m not big on RNG either. Cool to have unlocked Destinies for my new characters, I guess.

So once one gets the Silken Gloves and the Crown the only items that do anything remotely hard to replace are the rector and possibly the effluvia?

well, at least if one sets Jervais up with Mrs. Plenty, it’s strongly implied he’s quit his job to run away with her, which is delightful. Or does that happen regardless?

What? Where was that implied? I didn’t see anything to suggest that at all. And aren’t they married to begin with?

I was unaware that Jervaise is

Mr. Plenty. To quote the text, &quotJervaise takes his wife’s hand…&quot (when paired with the Hooded Lady).

Honestly, this was probably hinted at or confirmed eons ago but I forgot about it.

The knife. It can remove Antiquity from a skeleton. The only other way to do that is sticking a tentacle in one of the open slots.

Is removing Antiquity something particularly useful if one rarely makes more than one skeleton per week?

[quote=Tystefy]I was unaware that Jervaise is

Mr. Plenty. To quote the text, &quotJervaise takes his wife’s hand…&quot (when paired with the Hooded Lady).

Honestly, this was probably hinted at or confirmed eons ago but I forgot about it.[/quote]
It’s stated in the early Bag a Legend, at the very least. Dunno about other sources.

[quote=Tystefy]To quote the text, &quotJervaise takes his wife’s hand…&quot (when paired with the Hooded Lady).
Honestly, this was probably hinted at or confirmed eons ago but I forgot about it.[/quote]I just gathered it from context and hints during the event, but oddly I don’t remember seeing that text you’re quoting and I can’t find it in my echoes. Where did it appear?

If you want to sell a mammoth with St. Fiacre thigh bones to the bohemian sculptures you need to get rid of 2 Antiquity. Without the knife you need to use a leg slot for a tentacle

“Savour the Fruits of The Zee!”
…Nah!

Sabotage Jervaise and the Hooded Woman’s date by choosing &quotBring the pair to an unfortunate place.&quot

[spoiler]&quotJervaise takes his wife’s hand and leads her from the well, but not without first shooting you a glance of mild loathing.&quot

You decide that the worst place to go on a romantic hide-away on Mutton Island is the ol’ well. The reasons of why that is (especially for the Hooded Lady) are a whole 'nother can of worms. [/spoiler]
edited by Tystefy on 8/18/2021

Failbetter has subsequently added the ability to purchase this mayor item with Fate. Probably because of its difficult-to-replace nature.

[quote=PJ]
Failbetter has subsequently added the ability to purchase this mayor item with Fate. Probably because of its difficult-to-replace nature.[/quote]

Worth it? As a relative newb compared to almost everyone else here, I don’t know. They’re only +1 in tthe advanced art. Are there better options in my future? Mithridacy challenges occasionally arise for me, not yet glasswork.

[quote=Bluestocking][quote=PJ]
Failbetter has subsequently added the ability to purchase this mayor item with Fate. Probably because of its difficult-to-replace nature.[/quote]

Worth it? As a relative newb compared to almost everyone else here, I don’t know. They’re only +1 in tthe advanced art. Are there better options in my future? Mithridacy challenges occasionally arise for me, not yet glasswork.[/quote]

Hard to say. Part of it is how much you value Mithridacy. There is not currently any other Mithridacy items for chest, but that could change in a week or not for years. Mithridacy has other items giving the same bonus in other locations, but all are +1 except one companion

[quote=Lady Karnstein]There is not currently any other Mithridacy items for chest, but that could change in a week or not for years.[/quote] Right after the new Memory-of-a-Tale system came out I bought the Slug for Casual Draping, and then felt a little foolish 3 months later when this collar came out for free (I do like that story and this slug, but 7 Memories is a lot for &quotlike&quot). Which is to reinforce your point, really, of &quotwho knows when things might change?&quot Mithridacy gear is, compared to the other new stats, unusually locked behind Fate/Ambition/Festivals presently, so it might be next in line for some free progress-related gear. Or it might not; asymmetry abounds in Fallen London.

I hooked up Ms. Plenty with the Custodial Chef. I noticed that the &quotRubbery Lumps&quot option which normally increases the success of the pairing actually decreased it in that case.

Very appropriate.
edited by vitamancy on 8/19/2021

Can anyone confirm this? Especially the part about the Wines storyline giving only content and replaceable items.

If you go to the place where you can spend Fate for items, there’s nothing new. Regular rewards are available there (it’s a way to bypass Picking), so that’s a strong indicator there’s no new items. Plus someone would have stumbled on one by accident while getting the Hooded Lady’s help.

Well… I have reached the end of my rope. Unless they increase the frequency of being able to get to the cove, I’m never participating in this stupid festival again.

Yeah, I’ve just gone back to London and called it a day.

I don’t know why I’m particularly frustrated this year; it’s the same game-play as always, but maybe that’s the issue . . . the RNG element is beyond frustration. If I want to remove menaces, I either have to cycle round a LOT or go back to London, both of which eat up actions, and I even bought Fate this year, too.

You’d think you’d spend real money and be able to use it, acting as a shortcut and providing income to Failbetter, but . . . every time I buy an eff’ing item, I have to cycle back around to do it again to get more. The items don’t seem unique, so I might as well play it properly instead of investing money, so what’s even the incentive to pay . . .

I don’t mind the fishing mechanic; I love that, even though it relies partially on RNG to get the map or zee options for bigger boosts, but the trading in of items and trying to spend your fate and reducing menaces -? Nope. Real-life lately is so tediously frustrating, and I play games to escape monotony, not increase the sense of futility and wasted time.
edited by Robin Alexander on 8/19/2021

I turned in three star-spun love stories to Mr Wines and after concluding my business with it I got a bit of interesting text. (Echoed on my profile in the link under &quotAn End&quot). I was wondering if this text is the same no matter what sort of stories one turns in?

https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Timothy%20of%20Kent
edited by Anthony on 8/19/2021