Savour the Fruits of the Zee!

If you refer to me, don’t know: I used different alts.

No, it’s just something I noticed after finishing my first story, that the same combination is still available. So I guess if for some strange reason you wanted to, you could do all three stories with the same two people, with differing or identical outcomes.

SO how do you get to the cove? So far I’ve been fishing twice and traded my catch once for a destiny and once to remove nightmares - a very welcome surprise that it was a total wipe since I was at 7+

It’s not a blanket wipe, mind you, the reduction depends on RNG and your catch level. You get to the cove by giving your catch to the hooded lady. I’ve often had the devil’s own time trying to get that option to come up in past years.

I was lucky, then!

What difference does the quality of your catch make? I haven’t started with Jervaise yet - does it help there to give him a good one?

The catch has a value based on how much you earn fishing. It is then randomly assigned a multiplier. High value is generally better items, but there is a range especially the first time.

[quote=Tsar Koschei]Jillyfleur cloak isn’t unique, it’s a standard festival item that’s freely available every year. [/quote] Sorry, I meant &quotunique&quot as in &quotyou only (need to) get it once&quot. In other holidays they sometimes retire previous years’ items to Fate Only, so it’s nice that Fruits of the Zee seems fairly open to new players &quotcatching up&quot (outside of a single Mayoral item each year), and for old players it’s easy to polish off a few missing items or just relax and enjoy the Zee Air! Well, except for this year’s Dating Simulator [quote]leaves what, the curate and the drownie? I guess it’ll have to do.[/quote] They were my first pairing, and honestly? Electric. Felt like I wasn’t even necessary past the introductions.

[quote=Bluestocking]What difference does the quality of your catch make? I haven’t started with Jervaise yet - does it help there to give him a good one?[/quote] Jervaise doesn’t seem to care, but if you’re looking for unique Cove items you’ll eventually need to plan ahead. Every Catch Value has a few randomly available Prizes, but if anyone wants a visual guide to what unique items are possible for a given Catch level, look below the Spoiler! You can always get ordinary items as a prize, but they’re really a consolation prize when you (randomly) miss a unique item you actually want.

Unless someone has evidence to the contrary, picking the lowest possible Strange Catch maximizes your odds of a single desired prize. Strange Catch:7 has 2/7=28% chance of a Forsaken Crown, while 8 has 2/8=25%, and 9 has 2/9=22%, etc.

Does anyone know if it matters what your score for Disposition of a Mutton Island Dalliance is, or are all scores below 25 equal in terms of reactions and rewards?

It’s a little disappointing there are no new unique items this year, even a very low-level object or two would have felt a bit more satisfying. But we have been very spoiled lately, so I suppose it’s not unreasonable to have a pause in the bounty.

I need that cloak! And the Mary Lloyd, despite the spelling. Having IRL participated in a Mari Lwyd, I was pretty excited to see it.

I want everything NOW! Lucky there’s 2 weeks.

I bloody love my Mari Lwyd bicycle. Zero regrets having braved the RNG to get that one. Ridin’ 'round town on my skeletal horsycle!

I love my Mari Lwyd too, but given that I have it, the cloak, and the crown, if there are no new Cove items, then isn’t the smart play to do the romances and sail home?
edited by Snort on 8/18/2021
edited by Snort on 8/18/2021

The collars seem unavailable without Fate? I offered multiple 6+ Catches and got 14+ Picking each time, resulting in no visible option of getting it…

I don’t think it’s available even with Fate. Past mayor items usually aren’t. The fact that this is still there seems like a bug.

If the unlock conditions on the wiki are right, you have to have come to the island with the Viscountess last year in order to get the collar. You probably would have gotten it then anyway. Apparently you can still trade it for the other collar, which is a boon to anyone who didn’t realize at the time how much better one was than the other, I guess.

I’ll be honest, I’m pretty annoyed by both the RNG element and the fact that after three dates you lose that storylet entirely. There were so many characters, so many options, and it was so much fun - I can get only being able to trade in three, but why can’t we try more? The game even says characters aren’t bound by one love, implying unlimited tries. I would have totally done over one option if I’d have known it’s be locked forever, too.

Also, is the game glitching? How do I leave the island? I’ve tried every single option, but can’t find a way off? Edit: Never mind; it’s been ages since I was on the island and forgot I need to cycle through without the indication to remind me
edited by Robin Alexander on 8/18/2021

Isn’t that a bit too much game text to copy/paste on the forums? Also, maybe use spoiler tags…
edited by phryne on 8/18/2021

I think it depends on whether you completed the Viscountess story last time, and /or exchanged collars. She appeared on the island, handed out the collar, and the collar-swap was also available.

Having not participated in the fishing last year, I had forgotten just how truly dismal it is trying to get to the cove when all the RNG wants to do is give you menaces. I thought I liked this festival. Seems my mind has changed.

So there’s really no new items this year? Not from the cove and not from the Mr Wines story?

I mean I guess the Clearing-Out was such a wild spree of uniques that I can kind of see letting us cool off a bit here, but still, it’s quite a letdown when the expectation is there based on past years.

[quote=Plynkes]Having not participated in the fishing last year, I had forgotten just how truly dismal it is trying to get to the cove when all the RNG wants to do is give you menaces. I thought I liked this festival. Seems my mind has changed.[/quote]It really is the worst one in a lot of ways, especially as a late-game player. So heavily RNG-based, and thoroughly unrewarding whenever you aren’t getting the things you want.

Isn’t that a bit too much game text to copy/paste on the forums? Also, maybe use spoiler tags…
edited by phryne on 8/18/2021[/quote]

Sorry, didn’t think about it, you’re probably right. Atm I added spoiler tags.

Personally I just grabbed Mutersalt and bailed back to my Hellworm grind. It STILL cost me a ghastly amount of actions to line up everything just right, but my inner completionist is now happy I can make uncomplainable sausages. Now I can grind in peace, until FB adds another Railway use for a Fruits of the Zee item I overlooked that way grind my gears due to it’s extreme scarcity.
edited by Captain Blood Storm on 8/18/2021