River in a box?

[quote=Catherine Raymond][quote=Theus]We’re likely seeing staggered delivery for one of two reasons:

1. They are manually running scripts because of the batch size involved in an effort to minimize the performance hit to the database. This is likely due to the increased time we’ve seen today when trying to equip items.

2. There is a timed event similar to the “something will happen soon” launched messages, where we are all placed into a table with a job that fulfills due deliveries. This is less likely for a one-time delivery, in my opinion.[/quote]

You could well be right. I’ll be looking closely to see whether my alt (stats between 65-79 and very low Connected Masters) gets a Box; that will help confirm your theory.[/quote]

The account of mine that received her box first (tinyassassin, most stats 70-83) only has Connected: The Masters 1. (My main, who has significantly higher Connected: The Masters, received hers a couple hours later.)

My only account that has yet to receive a box (my newest, forthejackpot, stats between 14-49) has no Connected: The Masters. It shall be interesting to observe whether they receive a box…

Both my main and my alt have received them. Curious as to where this is going!

My alt (which does next to nothing) has received a box, but my main account has not. My guess, going by the description of the box (and the circumstances of my two accounts), is that players with Connected: The Masters at at least 1 will get this gift (probably in a staggered manner).

Unfortunately, my main account is Seeking the Name, so if my theory’s true, there’s no way I’m getting a river in a box . . . unless I do something to redeem myself really fast. Not sure if it’s worth it . . .

Somebody gave me something a while back that poof resulted in me suddenly Seeking the Name! Well, I never.

Anyway, I got a River in a Box despite seeking; and I had not done really anything in the Feast of the Exceptional Rose.

Another thought – you didn’t all happen to contribute to the Kickstarter, by any chance?

Nope, did not contribute to the Kickstarter. Again, I don’t think they’re going to lock out a large majority of players. It wouldn’t surprise me if there are no requirements whatsoever.

I just got one as well, and it came with a link saying “Click here to find out more”, but the link doesn’t go anywhere. Anyone else get that?

I think it just links to the story tab. A bit pointless, but I guess it doesn’t hurt anything. Maybe in the future we won’t have a messages tab, and we’ll have to check our inbox.

Edit: Yeah, it just links to Fallen London. So it’s foreshadowing the removal of our Messages tab when Fallen London migrates to Storynexus.
edited by Sara Hysaro on 2/20/2013

My old facebook account got one and as I have a semi respectable connected masters of 4 I hope to be getting one too. Let’s crack this case, chums.

[quote=WordsLikeWeeds]My alt (which does next to nothing) has received a box, but my main account has not. My guess, going by the description of the box (and the circumstances of my two accounts), is that players with Connected: The Masters at at least 1 will get this gift (probably in a staggered manner).

Unfortunately, my main account is Seeking the Name, so if my theory’s true, there’s no way I’m getting a river in a box . . . unless I do something to redeem myself really fast. Not sure if it’s worth it . . .[/quote]

My main character and my alt both have their Boxes.

I hope it does something…

It seems like we’ve worked through all the other options proposed except for possibly Connected: Masters. Has anyone received one who has 0 Connected?

I would also guess that they are done issuing them. The database slowness seems to be gone.
edited by Theus on 2/20/2013

Well, my main has Connected: Masters 1 and got a box, my very new alt who has no Connected didn’t.

[quote=Genny]Somebody gave me something a while back that poof resulted in me suddenly Seeking the Name! Well, I never.

Anyway, I got a River in a Box despite seeking; and I had not done really anything in the Feast of the Exceptional Rose.

Another thought – you didn’t all happen to contribute to the Kickstarter, by any chance?[/quote]

I think it’s not actually Seeking the Name that’s relevant but the fact that Seeking the Name displeases the Masters–so if you are actively Seeking then you most likely have no connections to them.

[quote=WordsLikeWeeds]
I think it’s not actually Seeking the Name that’s relevant but the fact that Seeking the Name displeases the Masters–so if you are actively Seeking then you most likely have no connections to them.[/quote]

Seeking 8, Connection: Masters 4
Got me a River. Seems like a new theory is needed :D

I believe the Connected: Masters requirement is still the standing theory.

Seems fair enough. It’s just 1, and players get a decent number of options to get that one point. You’d have to intentionally avoid getting a point or two, and if you lose it all to Seeking without time to regain that point it’s a fair punishment.

Also, you don’t -have- to lose it to seeking. The card for that was always discardable, and you can lose your lodgings instead of connections at the later stage. I’m also at the Seeking cap but kept my connected: masters 5

Presumably it’s the Masters, given it’s a “reminder/warning” from them. Presumably there’ll be a decision to be made soon! Goodness.

The only character of mine that hasn’t received one yet is the only one without any Connected: The Masters.

I think this item might have to do with the end of the Festival of the Exceptional Rose, but we’ll soon find out if I’m right. It’s observably not connected to the Name, so it doesn’t have to do with seeking, but I have a feeling soon a decision will come soon to all box-carriers.