Patch Notes

Station VIII now has its own art! I wonder whether the other railway stations are going to follow suit?

+1 to this!

January patch notes, taken from Reddit:

January 7

• Added a branch to the Calendrical Confusion of 1899, allowing players who missed the Empress’ Pronouncement to read the speech and obtain the commemorative wine.
  • Added a unique header image to Station VIII on the railway
  • Restricted the storylet “Pass the Cat: An Unwrapping” to Your Social Engagements (previously universal)
  • Naga Advertising Agency: Added a secondary payout in Glim to the Sterling’s Solar Hearth campaign

January 14

• Removed the Fate ‘CENSORED’ option from Day ‘CENSORED’ in the Iron Republic - having more than had its day.
  • Changed the cards granting the rare pets (Haunted-Looking Dog, Rubbery Euphonium and Salt Weasel) to have purple borders.
  • Added meta text clarifying that the Trifling Diplomat doesn’t benefit from Zoological Manias.
  • Added special storylets to open the Bazaar in the Upper River, Khan’s Heart, and Rat Market. Those storylets are meant to more directly tutorialize that those areas have unique exchanges.
  • The Calendrical Confusion of 1899:
  • Adjusted the amount of wines gained when purchasing wine. Now gives significantly more Greyfields 1879 (scaling with base Persuasive) and Strangling Willow Absinthe, but only has a 50% chance of generating a Bottle of Greyfields 1868 First Sporing.
  • Checking in with Revolutionaries now produces less Incendiary Gossip.

January 21

• Watchful checks on the Shifty Student’s card are now correctly affected by Research Preparations.
  • Fixed an issue where some variant ways to start building the Jaguar Blade did not correctly set Total Lab Research Required or enable Parabolan Methods.
  • The tutorializing storylet Explore the Upper River Exchange now only appears in Ealing.
  • Added metatext to the Urchin War clarifying which end of the Balance of the Urchin War each faction favoured.

Thank you, Theonie. I’d like to second BillyCosmos and others on here in expressing disappointment that, increasingly, folks that use this forum are becoming second-class Netheans who are not receiving the news first hand but are reliant on the kindness of others.

I’d like to second this! Which I suppose also means thirding myself, assuming the associative property holds.

I’d like to second this! Which I suppose also means thirding myself, assuming the associative property holds.[/quote]

Can I say I quart this?

We have no quad damage down in the neath, nevertheless I´d like do a strong appeal to failbetter to drop the patch notes here.

since FB have apparently forgotten about us:

link to the patch notes on reddit (maybe bookmark this and remember to check once a week)

[quote=phryne]since FB have apparently forgotten about us:

link to the patch notes on reddit (maybe bookmark this and remember to check once a week)[/quote]Cheers, phryne. Re my previous post, I am not even on Reddit - just had a surge of annoyance that FB seems to have abandoned the forum re the patch notes - but at least I don’t need an account to browse Reddit! It is ridiculous to expect all the players to be on Discord… I don’t understand why FB is ignoring a good fraction of the player base, who also tend to support the game financially? Baffling.

ETA: If FB posted all the patch notes on their blog, instead of the forum / reddit / discord - ok, that would be fair enough. But that’s not even it!
edited by theonie on 2/5/2022

[quote=theonie] It is ridiculous to expect all the players to be on Discord… I don’t understand why FB is ignoring a good fraction of the player base, who also tend to support the game financially? Baffling.

ETA: If FB posted all the patch notes on their blog, instead of the forum / reddit / discord - ok, that would be fair enough. But that’s not even it!

[/quote]

It also seems to me that regardless of how many people actually use this forum, a lot of them appear to be long-term players, late game players. It baffles me that they are disregarded in this way.

I did check out the Discord when it first started up, and then again a few months later. It definitely isn’t for me.

I’d like to second this! Which I suppose also means thirding myself, assuming the associative property holds.[/quote]

Can I say I quart this?

We have no quad damage down in the neath, nevertheless I´d like do a strong appeal to failbetter to drop the patch notes here.[/quote]

I was thinking of waiting till I can octuple or septuple this, but I guess quintupling is good enough.

The idea about posting the patch notes on their blog is actually very good. While I have made an account on Discord for FBG’s sake, it’s far too modern-social-networky for my peace of mind, so I loathe using it.
And yes, I also believe that these forums are quite the place for long-term, dedicated playerbase. I wonder how large a percentage of Fate/Exceptional Friendship do we the &quotOld Guard&quot bring compared to the newer, perhaps more dynamic/fluid players. I really have little idea, can anyone estimate?

11th February

• Now possible to accept gifts for Feast of the Rose when one or both parties are away from London
  • Changed the experiment ‘Remember an image that has been nagging at you’:
    – Lab research cost slightly reduced to line it up with other experiments of similar tier
    – If your Artisan of the Red Science is already maxed out as you complete the experiment, it now gives you a Searing Enigma
    – Changed meta text to reflect this
  • Updated text on ‘A Masked Revel for the Feast of the Rose’ when dancing with your spouse so that the result acknowledges poly marriages
  • Fixed an issue with the final stage of Bag A Legend! where it was possible to block yourself from future progress
  • Moved ‘Aftermath of a Parabolan War’ to only appear in the Dolorous Pavilion and your Parabolan Base-Camp
  • Rat Market:
    – Replaced Ivory Organza with Legenda Cosmogone on the Maundering Rat’s list
    – Added another item to the list to fill the Legenda Cosmogone’s old spot
    edited by Shaerys on 2/11/2022

anyone still alive?

Yup, all alive and well! But I see where your concerns comes from. I wonder if the new forums will have an API to get data from Reddit/Discord and automatically post it here. Until then:

18 February 2022

• Removed the ‘Stage of the War’ requirement from ‘The Dome of Scales, Becoming’.

25 February 2022

• Added a small tutorial storylet to the Maze-Garden in Polythreme.

4 March 2022

• It is no longer possible to dig for artefacts at Moulin after abandoning your expedition.

11 March 2022

• The Gazette now lists the current event available in the Waswood from the Sacroboscan Calendar.

18 March 2022

• Updated the level descriptions for Troubled Waters to line up with death at zee firing at 8.

2 April 2022

• Fixed an issue where Starstone Demark was assigned the wrong spot in the random rat market rotation. It should now be appearing this weekend.
1 Like

I notice there is a new assassin available – Johnny Croak. Can’t remember an update on that, though.

You mean Assassins like for when someone spills wine on you at a party?

Yes. Found him in the Forgotten Quarter, along with the poisoner.
Should add that a few of us indulge in this for the temporary 3 Dreaded.
edited by Meradine Heidenreich on 4/5/2022

I’m not seeing him in the Forgotten Quarter right now, though I do see the poisoner. I wonder if perhaps he was fleetingly available for hire by all by mistake, but was intended to be gated by the new L&F companion?

Patch Notes - 8 April 2022

• Added a non-romantic option for continuing ‘Recalling the Surface: Persuasive’ in the early game.
1 Like

15th April

• Removed setting restrictions on masterclasses, coffee, the tournament of lilies, and loitering.
1 Like

22 April 2022

• No patch notes. :)
1 Like

29 April 2022

• Lifeberg Hunts:
  • Increased the Lifeberg’s initial durability by a factor of 4[/li][li]Slightly downtuned the rewards
  • Corrected meta-text that referred to old lab mechanics when starting to research an Impossible Theorem

• Removed an erroneous difficulty check on ‘Become a Mystic’

• Changed the effect of an option on ‘Another Case for a Reliable’ to take the correct amount of Incendiary Gossip
    edited by Skinnyman on 4/30/2022

1 Like