It is I: definitely Luke and not George in an identity-obscuring hat. Here are some patch notes for:
Week ending 18th August
- The Heavily Annotated Timetable has a use in the same location as the Mesmeric Parasol.
- The Admiral’s Hat, the Clay Effigy, and the Weighty Postlapsarian Romance have been added to the Unsanctioned Relicker.
- Their access codes (from the launch of Mask of the Rose) have been retired.
- Moving into new lodgings no longer unlocks the Social Engagements area if it isn’t already unlocked, to avoid edge cases in the new tutorial.
Week ending 1st September
- More storylets have been moved to Fifth City Stories. In particular, various Ambition progress storylets now appear here.
- It is no longer possible to be invited to a patron master class while wearing the Weasel of Woe.
Week ending 8th September
- Irem’s menace cards now correctly disappear if you no longer meet their requirements.
- Hearts’ Game
- A new season and a new set of accomplices
- The Page of Gambits has been banned
- Adjusted the naming convention around existing Aces to support new set
- Increased max hand size to 4 when choosing accomplices
- Balance adjustments to several accomplices
- Added guidance to some opportunity cards when rising story quality has unlocked all options.
- Added confirmatory step to selling one’s Singular Plant.
- ‘A Dream of Roses’ can no longer be drawn while equipping the Weasel of Woe.
Week ending 22nd September
- In early preparation for Christmas, adjusted the Noman decay formula (again)
- Noman’s Friend now starts decaying exponentially faster 100 days or so into a Noman being available. It is now somewhat harder to keep a Noman alive for more than 120 days, and it should actually be impossible to keep a Noman alive long past that.
- Around day 300 or so expect every Time, the Healer to decay Noman’s friend by over 50,000 points.
- Retired Fate branch to reroll the results of a Forgotten Quarter expedition.
- Reverted a changed that caused some card-based activities to break
- It should be possible, once again, to enter cards that you drew in a different area (for example, in the Hinterlands or Irem)
- Adjusted the Menace reduction formula
- Menace reduction now has a higher baseline chance of triggering (~15%) and a gentler diminishing-returns curve (every additional point of menace reduction is now ~75% as effective as the previous one)
Does this mean that the exponential decay will be lower between 100 and 120 days and go up faster after it?
And “greatly” reducing item start at… 20%?
Thanks for keeping this up to date!
For those curious, 100 days after the Wicket opens is April 15, and 120 days is May 5.
100 days after the Wicket closes is May 11. Historically Whitsun (and De Gustibus) has started between May 9 and 11.
Menace reduction now has a higher baseline chance of triggering (~15%) and a gentler diminishing-returns curve (every additional point of menace reduction is now ~75% as effective as the previous one)
I’m curious whether the menace-increasing items have been adjusted the same way - I assume probably, since it’s simpler for them to work the same.
For those blind as me, on desktop, the Credits are next to account on the top bar and down the side menu on mobile.
Nothing to report this week; have good weekends!
Week Ending 17th November
- ‘Making Progress in the Labyrinth of Tigers’ 16 is no longer required to access the storylet ‘Hunting the Beasts of the Zee’.
- The requirement has been moved to instead solely gate the ‘Hunt a Plated Seal’ branch.
- This means that individuals who have taken an eccentric pathway through the game, and possess some Monstrous Anatomy without having completed the Labyrinth of Tigers, can now engage in most zee-hunts.
- There is now additional meta-text up and down the railway to draw attention to the Cornelius storyline and associated opportunities.
Ahh too late for me, but I’m glad it’s available for future people who take these paths
Week Ending 24th November
- Players who have not completed the search for Cornelius but have built Marigold Station may now find a way to look for him further at Moloch Street. This is equivalent to the options available at Next Stretch of Track but locked to Marigold-finishers.
- The Deciphering… cost to pursue the search for Cornelius or the Scheme of the Phoenix is now lower, but doing so no longer provides a Night Whisper or Primaeval Hint.
- Players may now change their Railway charter at board meetings, but they may only do so once per meeting, to avoid accusations of undue caprice. Charter proposals require having specific board members to help put them forward, and these are visible in the Convene a board meeting… storylet.
- Some board meeting members have additional dialogue, especially (but not limited to) responses to charter proposals.
- ‘Balmoral: Presenting your Painting’ can now be found in ‘Fifth City Stories’.
- Laboratory: It is now significantly cheaper to upgrade your Laboratory with economy resources.
- Parabola: Significantly reduced the resource cost to establish a Base-Camp
- All the routes now cost significantly fewer Memories of Light, but the Laboratory route is now drastically cheaper (now costs 100 Memories of Light, down from 1001)
- Railway: Significantly reduced the Railway Steel cost of advancing the Railway
- In most cases this is a 70% reduction, so branches that cost 10 Railway Steel now cost 3.
- Railway Steel is now sellable in the Upper River for 19 Hinterland Scrip.
- This is intended to let players who have a lot of ‘useless’ railway steel recoup some of that value, but it’s not efficient.