Parabolan War

It’s quite funny, so far I’ve made a point of trying every option at least once, but halfway through my second campaign I haven’t rolled a single failure yet, despite dozens of non-100% rolls, some with sub-70% chances, and not a single second chance spent. Clearly I am favoured of the goddess of victory.[/quote]

The Bloody-Handed Queen is flattered by her newest title.

[quote=Toran]Right now, you’re realistically looking at around a 75%-85% success rate on Airs of Parabola checks, which drops it to 2.5 Advance per check, but with a VERY BAD penalty on failure.[/quote]I did opt to do a fair bit of 100%-rolling for this reason though, eg the glasswork option on the first leg, player of chess option on the second, etc. I figured it probably more or less balances out.

You can acquire a Peligin-filled Mirrorcatch Box by visiting the Light-In-Exile in the Magistracy.

Peligin in Magistracy, cosmogone at Dome of Scales, viric in Viric Jungle (inspire a dreamer), yes.

I also visited Nadir, but haven’t encountered any new options there (but I haven’t flipped all the cards).

Just to be sure, I checked [spoiler]

• Weakness in the air[/li][li]Altarful of strangers[/li][li]Unlikely garden[/li][li]Fluke with the ambers[/li][li]The web[/li][li]Prison[/li][li]Woods in winter[/spoiler]

Then I was booted out.
edited by Aro Saren on 3/27/2021

We have options for 3 of the Neathbow colors so far. Irrigo is the 4th and Gant is the 5th. What other colors are there? And where might we find them and Gant?

There’s a new option in the Nadir on the &quotA pause for refreshment&quot card that requires a Mirrorcatch Box. I don’t have one to check, but I assume it fills the box with Irrigo.

(also, the other colours are Violant and Apocyan - I don’t know where you would find them, though)
edited by 34Witches on 3/27/2021

Neathbow in the order I do not remember: viric, cosmogone, irrigo, violant, peligin, apocyan, gant.
What’s left is gant, irrigo, apocyan, violant.

Irrigo is found in the Cave of Nadir, but if the option is there, I couldn’t find it. Try to flip the rest of the cards (see above)? Scratch that, the card is &quotA pause for refreshment&quot.
Apocyan is Storm’s ligtning and Rubbery dreams. First is barely accessible in years, second lacks proper intensity (I think? Check Helicon dreams).
Violant is something like red - Queen’s influence (Arbor?)?
Gant was associated with Mr Eaten and other devourers, beyond that - nothing so far.

So this is mostly conjecture, but it’s possible that Apocyan could be found at sea considering it is the colour of ‘memory and brightest coral.’ In Sunless Sea you can get Apocyan from blue scintillak, which is a piece of coral, or an Apocyan chess piece which is carved from the same coral.

No clue on violant or gant, aside from the fact that violant is essentially the opposite of irrigo and it lingers in your memory. There is a violant gate in the Elder Continent, according to the Fifth City wiki, but I’m not sure if you would be able to get there from Port Carnelian.

Although… the gates of the Avid Horizon are gant. Perhaps some poor soul could check the north?

You did nothing wrong. In other campaigns here would be rewards for your generals.
edited by Waterpls on 3/27/2021

Imgur

WHOOF. This was a trial and a half to get.

I got the irrigo-filled mirrorcatch box. Recorded the result and object in my inventory here : Imgur: The magic of the Internet

That was lucky, I was grinding for a fluke core, and did not even know I had such a box…

…bother, now I’m torn between completing the set and protecting my precious stats. I don’t suppose there’s a hint anywhere of what these could be possibly used for?

[quote=Hattington]…bother, now I’m torn between completing the set and protecting my precious stats. I don’t suppose there’s a hint anywhere of what these could be possibly used for?[/quote]Your stats really aren’t that precious now that all 4 caps are being pushed past 215, i.e. there’s no need for spending notability and you can refill them with regular skill checks.

So there’s really no way to reliably get mirrorcatch boxes other than buying Cut with Moonlight? I can only hope that there’s a change in the works for that. I haven’t gotten a single one so far from speechifying upriver.
edited by Tsar Koschei on 3/27/2021

[quote=Tsar Koschei][quote=Hattington]…bother, now I’m torn between completing the set and protecting my precious stats. I don’t suppose there’s a hint anywhere of what these could be possibly used for?[/quote]Your stats really aren’t that precious now that all 4 caps are being pushed past 215, i.e. there’s no need for spending notability and you can refill them with regular skill checks.

So there’s really no way to reliably get mirrorcatch boxes other than buying Cut with Moonlight? I can only hope that there’s a change in the works for that. I haven’t gotten a single one so far from speechifying upriver.
edited by Tsar Koschei on 3/27/2021[/quote]

https://fallenlondon.fandom.com/wiki/Mirrorcatch_Box

Not a RELIABLE way from what I can tell, no. You can try playing the odds speaking on behalf of light using the Ealing/Jericho Locks cards, but it’s not a sure thing.

Nope. I never finished that ES, and the boxes remain freely available.

While the story is active they’re available. When you finish it, you’ll need a specific ending (siding with the twerp) to get more afterwards.

[quote=Tsar Koschei][quote=Hattington]…bother, now I’m torn between completing the set and protecting my precious stats. I don’t suppose there’s a hint anywhere of what these could be possibly used for?[/quote]Your stats really aren’t that precious now that all 4 caps are being pushed past 215, i.e. there’s no need for spending notability and you can refill them with regular skill checks.

edited by Tsar Koschei on 3/27/2021[/quote]

Do we know what the present stat caps are?

[quote=Robin Alexander]I finished my first campaign.

The end text said to accept any rewards before continuing, but zero were available. I’m worried I did all of that for nothing, or is that intended, as the &quotreward&quot is simply unlocking the new campaigns after? Did finishing my first campaign change anything or unlock anything else?[/quote]

The step right before that gave 3 Night Whispers, didn’t it? (I sided with the Viscountess.) How much more do you need?

>>>Do we know what the present stat caps are?
218 Watchful
230 Shadowy
230 Dangerous
224 Persuasive

But if you break the mirror you get nothing. It’s not a great outcome. It just feels like a bunch of wasted actions gating you away from other content.