Parabolan War

Haven’t seen all the cards, but so far no box of irrigo in Nadir. Or the devs forgot about this cave.

You can get Cosmogone at the top of the dome of scales.

[quote=Aro Saren]Or the devs forgot about this cave.[/quote] Which would be rather appropriate.

Is there any solid, repeatable way to get mirrorcatch boxes? Or is it just rare successes from liberation-reducing speeches?

Did anyone else gain the Bloody-Handed Queen’s favor and sacrifice the Heiress to her? Regrettably I found myself liking the first Heiress I went to war on behalf of to not let her chase her dreams at the end. I might sacrifice a new one anyway since I’ll need extra Parabolan Fables to grind out her fanciest scepter and the other Home Comforts anyway.

I ended up with a stalemate between the King and Queen. Is there a way to have the King win?

I don’t know how you’re blowing through this content so quickly unless everyone is just ignoring Ravages. Which are extremely costy to remove.

I am barely started my 3rd campaign. This is huge action sink. ~50 actions per campaign.

I know of one, but it involves spending some Fate. The ES ‘Cut with Moonlight’ provided me with a seemingly inexhaustible supply of them. I think I have ten or so gathering dust in a cupboard somewhere, and wasn’t sure I’d ever find a use for them. It’s been a long time, and so my memory is hazy, but you may well have to work towards a particular ending to have that happen. Can’t remember. Best ask around, I think.

Failures on checks are very costly for Parabola Wars. Most failures give 2x Ravages. Cost to clear it is 1 action and 2.5e item. So overall cost of every failed check is 2a + 2.5e = 9.5 - 14.5 echos. You really, really want to max out your stats and stock up on second chances before jumping into this content.
edited by Waterpls on 3/26/2021

Has anybody gotten Time the Healer with Ravages yet?

The Ravages has actually been around a really long time. The Viscountess could give you a few points by &quotdemonstrating&quot on a 49-voiced warbler in the Viric Jungle. Time, the Healer decreased it by 1.

Things might be different now. (That might as well be Parabola’s slogan.)

Time drops Ravages by 1. Just got it.

The text from harvesting generals said we’ve got 3 of them, but I can see only 2. And wiki says you can upgrade the cat one in you lab - but not the snake one?
edited by Aro Saren on 3/26/2021

I’d actually say it’s more than that. Every option that provides more than 1 Advance! requires other resource inputs, which means you’ve spent actions to get those resources in the first place. Considering the shortest campaign is three sections (that I’ve seen), that means you need 72 Advance! plus a gated lock for each of the three sections, so maybe 60 actions.

My gut says that long-term the best option is to only grind Advance! +1 actions that also provide Morale +1 and cash those in for the +6 Advance! when available.

Airs of Parabola options are also good, 3 advance per action + some items. But check is very hard, only going for it with second chances. Second priority are options that give morale or spend it, yes.
In my experience you could usually get close to 3 advance per action, so 5x24 advance is 40-50 actions. Plus some overhead actions and 15-25 ravages, let’s say its +20-25 actions. Slugfest.

Agreed, the only issue is that currently, while it looks like Dangerous will get to the point where you can 100% the Airs of Parabola actions, Watchful isn’t there yet and that’s half of those options.

Right now, you’re realistically looking at around a 75%-85% success rate on Airs of Parabola checks, which drops it to 2.5 Advance per check, but with a VERY BAD penalty on failure.

For Second Chances, I only know of two ways to get more than 1 per action (Model Spouse card and Everyone Deserves a Second Chance on Great Game vs. Church), so if the idea is to only do the conflict card, which nets 8 Second Chances if you’ve got few enough, that works.

Otherwise, this looks like a Dangerous-only grind once everything’s out, though I could definitely be wrong.

On other hand, even if you manage big campaign in 75 actions its 4.16 EpA. And somehow Cultivator and Oneironaut are tied to starting morale, i have seen screenshots of people starting with up to 19 (!).
edited by Waterpls on 3/26/2021

I’m not convinced that anything short of 5 EPA is worth it when taking into account card flipping in London matched to Lab EPA.

I mean, yes to see the new story, which is beautiful, but just in terms of raw EPA, A Dream of Roses, A Visit With the Regretful Soldier and Docks Favors in general are extremely valuable.
edited by Toran on 3/26/2021

By the way, shouldn’t your generals be sown instead of sewn? First is about agriculture, second is about tailoring, and you’re definitely practicing agriculture with them.

[quote=Waterpls]Failures on checks are very costly for Parabola Wars. Most failures give 2x Ravages. Cost to clear it is 1 action and 2.5e item. So overall cost of every failed check is 2a + 2.5e = 9.5 - 14.5 echos. You really, really want to max out your stats and stock up on second chances before jumping into this content.[/quote]It’s quite funny, so far I’ve made a point of trying every option at least once, but halfway through my second campaign I haven’t rolled a single failure yet, despite dozens of non-100% rolls, some with sub-70% chances, and not a single second chance spent. Clearly I am favoured of the goddess of victory.
edited by Tsar Koschei on 3/26/2021