Parabolan War

Discussion go here.

Reserving for the nearest content update.

Judging by the wording, it will be rolled out somewhere in April.

…by which time this thread will have most likely fallen off the front page, so someone will start a new one once there’s something to talk about. :wink:
edited by PJ on 2/23/2021

I’m a necromancer, I’ll bring it back.

And then someone will complain about necro’d threads…

Let it be their little problem, not ours.

And then someone will complain about necro’d threads…[/quote]
No, because it will be relevant. Necroing a thread that hasn’t seen a single post in four years is an entirely different situation.

Time to set up the snake targets in the back yard again. Gonna need to train for this one.

Ha, ha. You sound like someone who complains about necro’d threads…

I dunno, it might be nice to have a new thread for discussion of the actual parabolan war content, separate from any pre-war speculation that might accumulate in this thread.

I’m hoping the nemesis affiliation will get a use in the war.

Ha, ha. You sound like someone who complains about necro’d threads…[/quote]Yeah, I do, because it’s generally considered bad form on any forum on the internet. It raises irrelevant topics the community stopped caring about some time ago for no real purpose.

Let me offer my abject apology for triggering you in this devastating fashion. And what’s worse, either not having been on &quotany forum on the internet&quot for long enough to realise what &quotbad form&quot looks like, or alternatively not giving a damn.

There are plenty of places on the net where you will get jumped on for starting a new thread instead of necroing an old one on the same topic. You really can’t please everybody. Either way, it doesn’t seem worth getting in a tizz about to me.

Indeed, it seems that the influence of the Fingerkings has already sparked a conflict in our little forum-corner of the Is-Not, and a month before the actual start of the official hostilities at that :)

From the blog post, it would seem that the Parabolan War might be slated to start sometime at the turn of March/April. Plenty of time to speculate :)

What are your ideas/guesses at the other &quotvarious powers of the Parabola&quot beyond the Cats, the Snakes, and the Incarnadine?

[quote=Sir Reginald Monteroy]What are your ideas/guesses at the other &quotvarious powers of the Parabola&quot beyond the Cats, the Snakes, and the Incarnadine?[/quote]Those three certainly seem the most obvious. Arbor is also not unlikely to have some stake in it. Could the chessboard come into play? Perhaps some infernal interest?

Indeed, it seems that the influence of the Fingerkings has already sparked a conflict in our little forum-corner of the Is-Not, and a month before the actual start of the official hostilities at that :)

From the blog post, it would seem that the Parabolan War might be slated to start sometime at the turn of March/April. Plenty of time to speculate :)

What are your ideas/guesses at the other &quotvarious powers of the Parabola&quot beyond the Cats, the Snakes, and the Incarnadine?[/quote]

Everyone who can potentially pitch in or contribute during the dream battle from Ambition: Heart’s Desire seems like a shoe-in. So other than the Beleaguered King and Bloody-Handed Queen, Spices/Wines and Storm the thunder dragon seem like potential powers. There’s also the Fingerkings’ &quotgift&quot from Go Tell The Kind of Cats assuming it’s something more than merely a Fingerking puppet, knowingly or not. Oh, and one of the Duchess’ sisters rules a sort of settlement of the 2nd City manned by ushabti servitors.

…I’m really curious about players who finished Ambition: Bag a Legend players and obtained The Long-Dead Priests of the Red Bird as their prize. Because the circumstances (either chaining up what’s left of Veils, or picking and eating him) and the God-Eaters’ response seems to imply you’re considered at least a minor power of Parabola by default.

The Rubberies have an unclear relationship with Parabola, which could be something that’s explored. My understanding is that they have a different “entry point,” whereas humans use the Viric Jungle, and that somehow relates to a different Power.

I think we’ll also start seeing the Fingerkings as less homogeneous, and possibly even start to know some by name. I think the ones from Lost in Reflections where some particular genus of Fingerkings (Orts?), and Light Fingers lets you know of a special one called the Boiling of Calamaties.

Also, Reflections. Reflections, reflections, reflections. I don’t think that’s a “power” per se, but I would be shocked if we don’t start uncovering that topic, and its relation to the hybrid orange-apple. The kitchen at Station VIII is on my mind for that one.

My money’s on a Whitsun tie in. Spontaneous eggs appearing all over London? Who’s to say some of those eggs might not be a bridgehead of Dream Eggs, laid by Dream Snakes? Or Dream Bees, I suppose. 80% certain they won’t be Cat Eggs.