Parabolan War

[quote=DTravel]
Archeological Institute?[/quote]
You can build your own at Moulin - currently farthest railway station.

[quote=Aro Saren][quote=DTravel]
Archeological Institute?[/quote]
You can build your own at Moulin - currently farthest railway station.[/quote]
Ah, thank you. Iā€™ve only managed to get one station built so far and havenā€™t really started &quotfilling it out&quot yet. Iā€™ve been busy making things in my lab and thinking there should be something I can do with a newspaper.

The newspaper is indeed useful. Make sure you do the storylet(s) re. the flood of bones first (Veilgarden).

I should probably stock up on Parabolan quarries: Warblers, Albatrosses, and Storm-Birds. Right now the one action that can impact the ā€œRavages of Parabolan Warfareā€ quality involves a Warbler, and the Storm-Bird has aā€¦ uniqueā€¦ relationship with the snakes.

I might also suggest Chessboard items, like Mates.

Aside from that, Iā€™m parking capital in ā€œflexibleā€ stores of values that can be liquidated quickly in multiple ways. That obvious includes Bones (and archeological discoveries, to be converted into bones), but also Esteem of the Guild. Casing to spend in Balmoral would have been nice, if the new Heist hadnā€™t come out.

And on that note: Load up on the things you can get from the new Heist. Hagiotoponyms, Ballads, Chimerical Archives, and Tragedy Procedures.

Iā€™m getting some Glass Gazettes

It is out: https://www.failbettergames.com/the-parabolan-war/

Discussion go here.

Establishing the Pavilion is relatively cheap.
Also, now Parabolan travel is 0-action cost.

Is that confirmed for both the Home Mirror and the lab? And/or the railway stations? I ask because if it works from the lab, that slightly increases the value of many lab grinds.

Goodness, leaving Parabola is now free also. As is moving to other locations in Parabola. This is quite a change.
edited by Toran on 3/25/2021

What a time to be in Parabola stocking up for birds for reasons that no longer seem important anymore. Iā€™ve just completed the Viscountessā€™ first war, and echoed it on my mantelpiece. Andā€¦suffice to say, unless truly mindblowing revelations emerge for those of you who undertook on behalf of the Ophidian Gentleman as your first taste of war, I think itā€™s quite clear which side is the correct one.

DOWN WITH THE NOT, UP WITH THE IS.

Travel inside Parabola is action-free. Stepping through mirror costs an action everywhere now.

[quote=Aro Saren]

Travel inside Parabola is action-free. Stepping through mirror costs an action everywhere now.[/quote]

And leaving is free, which removes one action cost from Lab grinds involving Parabola. Not a huge change, but brings them closer in EPA to Helicon House.

SNAKES OUT! EVERY DAY IS WHACKING DAY!

Ugh. I canā€™t say Iā€™m thrilled at having to pick a side initially before I can call on the Chessboard. My character does not want this war and considers the whole thing foolish, but Iā€™m stuck picking a side until Iā€™ve &quotproved myself?&quot Bollocks.

Why does this sound sooooo much like the situation in FL? ::

And now you can fill mirrorboxes with peligin and viric. Can someone visit Nadir to check for irrigo?

Also, you can use your railroad to skip whole stage of warfare in a single vote, although itā€™ll give you heavy Ravages.
edited by Aro Saren on 3/25/2021

Why does this sound sooooo much like the situation in FL? ::[/quote]
Iā€™m not sure how alike the situations are, but now Iā€™ve got Tom Lehrer songs stuck in my head (not that I mind too much; they are good songs).

I just want to say, I love that the parabolan war basically starts with ā€œLondoner yells at cloud.ā€

In addition to the War proper, a lot of Parabola and Parabola-adjacent content got filled out. The Viric Jungle has a lot of new side-quests, and part of that is filling out the Cartography section of your inventory. Word on the street is a new thingy in the Magistracy. Possibly doing a Sunless Seas questline in Fallen London.

Word on the street?

Ok, when my actions recharge Iā€™ll visit Nadir myself. Got a bunch of mirrorboxes, might as well fill them.
edited by Aro Saren on 3/26/2021

Look at it this way - itā€™ll suck up a lot of resources and free you of burdensome belongings.