Paleontologist: The Bone Market

How does one use Survey of the Neath’s Bones to dig up fossils which one can then sell at the Bone Market? None of the sensible locations for digging up fossils lets me use them.

You don’t. It is not a functioning thing yet.

This year has opened up a few options for Rose Gifts so far. I think that the next Feast is going to be interesting, since Custom Engraved Skulls and Antediluvian Ushabti are going to be in higher demand than usual for players with a lab and access to the Bone Market. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Debonair Paleontologist unlocks future options either.

Oh wait, I take back what I said: It may just be that the open options are hidden as hell. Someone just found one in a card in Wolfstack!

What card, what option?

I believe you have to use amber to add joints to the skeleton, then you add the wings. The challenge to add joints has a high Shapling Arts check so I’m grinding thorned ribcages atm, plus I’ll have to sell another possessed warbler for reserve amber
edited by Jon on 6/4/2020[/quote]
The only thing i see when i go to the &quotassemble a skeleton&quot is an option to declare my skeleton a number of things which are greyed out and the one option i can take is to disassemble it. I’ve gone to it with other bones but no options to actually assemble a skeleton has opened.

Where does one do any of this you mentioned?
edited by Severinus on 6/5/2020

There’s a new card that’s called bones in the river. It’s supposed to be standard frequency. It’s already on the wiki.

I haven’t had a character sit there in a long while. Time to do that.

Arghh. I just had one of my characters sell a skull.

I also want to add that I had that character with the Eyeless Skull at the Laboratory prior to selling it. There is no option to study it.

That was three weeks ago though.
edited by Rostygold on 6/5/2020

Has anyone found options for bones out to zee yet?

Thanks for reminding me to scope out Corpsecage Island. I figure based on the name, if there’s bones anywhere, it’s there.

I’m like halfway into investigating the island right now, and no bones yet. But I’ll keep looking!

I’m checking out Bullbone island since in its description it talks about being covered in bones and that not all of them are bull bones. Nothing so far.

And nothing in the end. I guess the island of bone doesn’t give out bones.
edited by Winthropx on 6/5/2020

[quote=Winthropx]I’m checking out Bullbone island since in its description it talks about being covered in bones and that not all of them are bull bones. Nothing so far.

And nothing in the end. I guess the island of bone doesn’t give out bones.
edited by Winthropx on 6/5/2020[/quote]
But it was worth checking out! Thanks for doing so.

Most of the assembling options use Mithridacy at base difficulty of 6 or higher. Only one of my characters can reliably take those options.

The option to use Warm Amber to add more joints has a rather high difficulty roll, with failure being a straight punishment with no gain.

These sapped me a lot. I am not doing Skeleton Assembly until there are more updates for Mithridacy and Shapeling Arts.

I would definitely like to raise those stats past maximum, and I wouldn’t be surprised if we get a way outside of Whitsun eggs to raise Shapeling Arts. I think more than anything I’d like a cheaper way to raise Kataleptic Toxicology in the future. Parabolan Orange-Apples aren’t cheap, and raising the cap is taking a serious toll on my Aeolian Screams. Maybe I need to sell a skeleton to the Paleontologist and get more bone fragments.

Nothing new at Corpsecage Island either.

There’s still promised content West of London. Only a vague idea of what it will be, but it’s there. I’ll wager a Surprise Package with anyone who cares to take me up that raising the Mithridacy cap will involve the Church in the Wild and the Bohemian Sculptress.

[quote=PSGarak]Nothing new at Corpsecage Island either.

There’s still promised content West of London. Only a vague idea of what it will be, but it’s there. I’ll wager a Surprise Package with anyone who cares to take me up that raising the Mithridacy cap will involve the Church in the Wild and the Bohemian Sculptress.[/quote]

I won’t take that wager; it’s a sucker bet.

[quote=Catherine Raymond][quote=PSGarak]Nothing new at Corpsecage Island either.

There’s still promised content West of London. Only a vague idea of what it will be, but it’s there. I’ll wager a Surprise Package with anyone who cares to take me up that raising the Mithridacy cap will involve the Church in the Wild and the Bohemian Sculptress.[/quote]

I won’t take that wager; it’s a sucker bet. (That is, you’d win because you’re almost certainly right.)[/quote]

It’s probably only west of London but I’m checking out Grunting Fen now too.

Okay, I have a character with an Eyeless Skull, so… I think I will check the others before checking the Skeleton Assembly. ;)

Lab: Nothing. No new project. Checked the other storylets too - nothing.
Reflection of the Lab: Nothing. Nope, the Eyeless skull doesn’t have a Parabolan reflection that can be made use of.

Parabolan Base-Camp: Nothing in the camp storylets, and nothing for each of the possible hunts at this time of writing.

Took a jaunt to the Dome of Occupied Scales, to see if there is anything new, e.g. the Fingerkings’ response to an irrigo-loaded thing. Nothing.

Visited the Waswood - nothing. For a place about forgotten things, one would think that bringing an irrigo-laden piece of bone there would have an interesting consequence, but no.

Nothing in the Chessboard either.

P.S. The Smuggler’s Grave option under the card &quotImplausible penance&quot has no new sub-options. Nope, no bones for you there.
edited by Rostygold on 6/6/2020