Paleontologist: The Bone Market

Here are the different outcomes for telling the Dean about Mr Spices’ new drug:

Has anyone successfully sold a “Master’s” skeleton and gotten the echo?

Hehe. So THAT explains

How Fallen London is gonna continue with a bunch of masters killed off by the ends of Ambitions. There’s gonna be replacement masters born or hatched!

Did the same happen to someone else?

I actually have 214 base watchful, but when i “check in with the dean of supernumerary studies”, the system tells me

“When your Watchful is 206 without equipment bonuses, you will be able to start a second experiment on the drug and advance this story further.”

Should i file a bug report, or am i missing something?

Yes, I saw that too, but I could start the next experiment from the regular &quotstart a new experiment&quot storylet. I figured it was just weird phrasing from having an overcapped watchful but playing the overcapping storyline. Could be worth a report because it feels weird, but I don’t think it’s blocking you, I didn’t for me at least.
edited by Amalgamate on 6/4/2020

Does the overlapping storyline actually raise your max stat value thus allowing you to easily regain watchful after visiting the cave of nadir?

The skull is too symmetrical for syphilis.

[quote=Amalgamate]Hehe. So THAT explains

How Fallen London is gonna continue with a bunch of masters killed off by the ends of Ambitions. There’s gonna be replacement masters born or hatched!

You have to wonder if those Storm-Birds go to some sort of kindergarten for Masters when they’re not saving unfortunate Londoners from nightmares in Parabola

[quote=Josiah Thimblerig][quote=Optimatum]<snip>
Those of you playing the new Bone Market content, please consider helping record this for the wiki! While directly editing the wiki itself is difficult, I’m happy to add any information you find
[/quote]

Thanks for the offer! Is editing the game wiki harder than editing Wikipedia?[/quote]

Once you convince Wikia to stop forcing the terrible visual editor on you, just editing the wiki is easy. The hard part is adding game content—the wiki uses a ton of templates to correctly format everything, so you need to know which one does what you want.

I want to use my own severed head for the skeleton.

Can I use my own skeleton too?
edited by Rostygold on 6/4/2020

Seconded. And my bones.
And i want my skeleton to devour my flesh and wear my skin, as a false-me.
edited by Mizr. Edlaine Saphburgh on 6/4/2020

Has anybody tried attaching an Eyeless Skull to a skeleton? It would certainly add a pinch of Menace.

Just dropping by to say that this artwork is fantastic. Kudos!

Thanks. I haven’t got that far yet but I’m on my way.

On more thorough checking I found I had an item with -2 to Bizarre. It was clothing gained during Whitsun so it’ll be a while before we can get any more.

Does anybody know how to make a curator skeleton yet, or is it not possible at the current time?

https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/A%20Sulfur%20Stained%20Advocate

I believe you have to use amber to add joints to the skeleton, then you add the wings. The challenge to add joints has a high Shapling Arts check so I’m grinding thorned ribcages atm, plus I’ll have to sell another possessed warbler for reserve amber
edited by Jon on 6/4/2020

I tried that that but it says that I still need 2 limbs however if I add any other limbs then I can’t make it into a curator skeleton because you need 2 arms, 2 legs, 2 wings and a skull.
edited by Witherbrine26 on 6/4/2020

I don’t think a Curator skeleton is currently possible. One of several things that don’t seem currently possible, and probably tie into upcoming content. Here’s a list:

Adding Fins, and possibly Tentacles.
Tails.
Torsos that support two skulls.
Torsos that support 2 or 6 limbs.
(Alternatively, new Shapeling methods for adding a different number or type of joints.)
The Helical Thighbone.
The second stage of research on the Unidentified Thighbone.
Everything and anything related to butchery.

Ah thanks for that, hopefully in the future I can just reduce the number of limbs needed as opposed to starting over.

When assembling a skeleton, do you have to do the skull first? I’ve got a number of human arms and femurs of Jurassic beasts but there doesn’t seem to be an option to do those first.

Edited to add: I did just acquire a rubbery skull a moment ago so I can jam that on when I get back up to the market but it’d be good to know in general.
edited by Tintinnabulum on 6/4/2020