Paleontologist: The Bone Market

[color=#0066ff]
[/color]

[color=#0066ff]
[/color]

[color=#0066ff]Menace Eradicators often have leftover parts of a Menace that they wish to sell, and the Department quietly permits this.[/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]An enterprising Londoner can now assemble bones into skeletons of variously dubious provenance and attempt to sell them at the Bone Market.[/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]Begin by piecing together a skeleton and confidently designating its species, then look for a collector. Some are more gullible than others. Some skeletons are more credible than others; all are essentially real![/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]To discover the route to the Bone Market, complete a Paleontology-related experiment in your University Lab. (You will also need access to the Department of Menace Eradication.)[/color]
edited by h4nchan on 6/3/2020

A quick bit of feedback: Getting a Stall kicked me out of the Bone-market requiring an extra action to re enter it. This seems unintentional

Is there any way to get a Headless Skeleton that’s current available?

You can get railway steel from an option in the lab now. I’m sure that’ll somehow unlock a way to get it. Hopefully.

Not as far as I know. There were several options during Whitsun though (https://fallenlondon.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Headless_Skeleton_Sources)

Well, these skeletons are certainly… something. I made a bird that’s half-saint and half-rubbery, and sold it for thirty-one flowers! Fallen London lets you do a lot of strange things, but even for FL that’s somewhat odd.

Can one upgrade to a fancier stall after the initial purchase? (And what are the benefits of the various levels?)

Not as far as I know. There were several options during Whitsun though (https://fallenlondon.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Headless_Skeleton_Sources)[/quote]

That’s awkward. The only new option I have at the Bone Market requires one. Are people seeing non-Headless Skeleton content there?

Not as far as I know. There were several options during Whitsun though (https://fallenlondon.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Headless_Skeleton_Sources)[/quote]

That’s awkward. The only new option I have at the Bone Market requires one. Are people seeing non-Headless Skeleton content there?[/quote]

Not me.

I do hope that some more options to obtain the various components needed will become available in time. In particular, the Butcher that seems to be coming might provide various bones, skulls and skeletons, possibly including the Headless skeleton. The Butcher content has not been released so far, has it? Or have we missed something?

There are several options there, each corresponding to different types of torsos.

One option for a Thorned Ribcage.
Another option for a Human Ribcage. By the by, swing by the Shuttered Palace.

Not seeing anything in the Shuttered Palace.

Assembling skeletons is rather hilarious (in a good way). But all those challenges relying on the new stats makes it so I have to have the wiki open to find which items I have to boost those stats because there isn’t a functional search for stats. The BDR requirements for the bone market opportunity deck already made it painfully obvious we need more outfits, and now with this on top I really hope this is a high priority.

Have a look at Call in Favours.

And apparently according to wiki, the Criminals can also chip into supplying us with body parts when you call in favours in the Flit.

Hmh, I spent all my whitsun efforts on mastering the red science and the shapeling arts, and ended up with no skeletons. I hope they make them more widely available… because otherwise anyone who missed that won’t get to enjoy any new content.

So many new things to do! And with so many hidden options, recording these will be a challenge. Therefore:

Those of you playing the new Bone Market content, please consider helping record this for the wiki! While directly editing the wiki itself is difficult, I’m happy to add any information you find. Just PM me a screenshot of any option results (both text and effects) that aren’t yet on the wiki. We’re mostly missing options from Assemble a Skeleton and the various Bone Market cards. There are probably also options or cards not yet listed at all; for those take a screenshot of the entire option/card and record the full requirements. Most options to sell skeletons also have scaling rewards, so I’d be interested in what level of the Skeleton: qualities you had.

Thank you very much to whoever helps out!

[quote=Optimatum]<snip>
Those of you playing the new Bone Market content, please consider helping record this for the wiki! While directly editing the wiki itself is difficult, I’m happy to add any information you find
[/quote]

Thanks for the offer! Is editing the game wiki harder than editing Wikipedia?

One look at the skull with way too many sockets and I am reminded of Bloodborne.

“Grant us eyes…”

[quote=Rostygold]One look at the skull with way too many sockets and I am reminded of Bloodborne.

&quotGrant us eyes…&quot[/quote]
Or whoever’s skull it was just had advanced state syphilis.

“If you have a Bizarre spouse or Respectable yacht, for instance, you may need to seek out rare items that will offset that aspect of your appearance.”

How rare are we talking about? I don’t seem to own anything that reduces BDR.

Check out the Dome of Scales, accessed from a Parabolan Base Camp.

I’m gonna put this out here: It’s hard to decide what to tell the Dean when I don’t even know what it is I will be telling him. I won’t know what I have learned until I tell him.