Notability and Making Waves

I want one.

No clue if this has been mentioned or not, but the highest BDR that can be obtained fateless is 21, but that requires several specific options. The specifics include: Membership of God’s Editors/An Orphanage, a Majestic Pleasure Yacht, an Unfinished Hat/Overgoat, an Iron Republic Journal, and a Shrine to Saint Joshua. In every other slot it doesn’t matter which item you pick, as they all give one point.

Note: Edited according to Sara’s information (thanks!)
edited by OPG on 12/19/2013

The Young Stags’ Club gives the same total BDR as the Parthenaeum.

[quote=Alexander Feld][quote=MaskedGentleman]To be fair, you don’t need Theological Husbandry if you have an Ubergoat.

Though I wonder if there is a way to merge the two?[/quote]
Let us all stop and consider in horror the possibility of a Bifurcated Ubergoat.
+7 Bizarre, +7 Dreaded, +7 Nightmares, +1000 Young[/quote]

The Bifurcated Goat of a Thousand Young?

[quote=MidnightVoyager][quote=Alexander Feld][quote=MaskedGentleman]To be fair, you don’t need Theological Husbandry if you have an Ubergoat.

Though I wonder if there is a way to merge the two?[/quote]
Let us all stop and consider in horror the possibility of a Bifurcated Ubergoat.
+7 Bizarre, +7 Dreaded, +7 Nightmares, +1000 Young[/quote]

The Bifurcated Goat of a Thousand Young?[/quote]
Yep. And goats can be terrifying under normal circumstances.

The Tanned Mask is +2 Dreaded.

Well, just hit Notability 11. Given the next highest person only has N8 I think that’s pretty darn good :P.

What is the new description?[li]
V-Thank you!
edited by MaskedGentleman on 12/19/2013

The wiki is up to date with the new descriptions. http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Notability

Oh god. I just tried out the private auction on the lofty tower card. It reset my connected society from 100 to zero - there’s no warning that it might do this. It increased my making waves from 8 to 15, which does not seem like good enough compensation. My fault I suppose for not checking the wiki before I do anything new (not as fun as finding stuff out for yourself I find).

I did the exact same thing yesterday - from 100 to zero in the click of a button. sign A warning would’ve been nice. Ah, well. It’s been a while since I visited the Shuttered Palace.[li]

Juliet Chauvelin

Maybe a bug?

Not, probably, a bug, but fyi: if you summon the Amanuensis while holding his card, and succeed, the card vanishes. Presumably it is locked to having MW at least 1, so could be perhaps retained if one tabbed over to a saved social action message.

I think it’s a matter of the game summoning the same card you have in your hand, so when you play it the card disappears.

When you go on archaeological expeditions, you can now choose to donate your treasure to the university in exchange for some connected and a BIG chunk of making waves!

If you donate to one of the universities, you get both connected with that university, and other faction. I got Hell, but it may vary.

The cost and reward seem to be intended. I messaged support and got this reply:

[li]

[/li]
edited by Ronald Miasma on 12/20/2013

The cost and reward seem to be intended. I messaged support and got this reply:

[li]

[/li]
edited by Ronald Miasma on 12/20/2013[/quote]
Hmm, 8 to 15 is somewhere in the region of 90CP. Considering how many actions it would take to grind Society back up, it seems like a bad deal.[li]

I’m surprised I haven’t seen mention of this: Fidgeting Writer is now an excellent source of making waves, and if you save up the higher tier ones, is also a means of storing it.

If 33 cp/action is the most efficient society grind, 100 levels (~5000 cp!) of society should be worth something like 300 cp of Making Waves, using private suppers as a benchmark. So yeah, it’s a horrible deal if 90 cp is close to the average result.