Notability and Making Waves

They seem to have drastically lowered the amount of Making Waves needed for higher percentage of success to convert to Notability - I had the Slowcake’s Amanuensis card in my hand for the last few days, and it was 60% success with 4 MW and 100% success with 7 MW (I had around +16 bizarre/respectable).

What was your current notability? Lower levels are significantly easier to gain than higher ones.

I went from 0 to 1 Notability (just got my Salon) - but I had the Amanuensis card earlier this week with 4 MW, and the success was around 30% then.

You also have to factor the amount of Bizarre, Respectable and Dreaded points you have. Also the less Notability Points you originally have, the more likely your chance of getting one. Likewise, the more the harder. For instance:

21 BRD points + 21 Making Waves = 54% Chance to get a 5th Notability Point.

That said, this all matters for absolutely nothing unless we manage to get the Unsigned Message Card to attempt to use the damn NP. That card is ridiculously rare, and the difficulty of acquiring it is compounded by the weekly loss of a notability point. I am willing to pay fate just to get that card, or any amount of in-game resources. Anything to avoid flipping hundreds of cards for it!

edited by Owen Wulf on 12/8/2013

[quote=Owen Wulf]I am willing to pay fate just to get that card[/quote]Er… well, you can, can’t you? Under &quotWrite Letters&quot at your Lodgings, for a bargainous 8 Fate.

(Not that I’ve ever done that, or even seen the card - I’m massively behind the curve here. Or, more thematically, I’m massively behind the Waves everyone else is Making.)

Can I ask what items people have to get BRD to 25? I have 15 and am considering selling a couple of tears of the bazaar to get a few items that increase it but I’d like to know if there was any other way to get items that increase it

[quote=Hex]Can I ask what items people have to get BRD to 25? I have 15 and am considering selling a couple of tears of the bazaar to get a few items that increase it but I’d like to know if there was any other way to get items that increase it[/quote] A lot of the best-in-slot items for BDR are fate-locked, actually. From the Labyrinth of Tiger fate-locked story we have a pet that’s +2 to both Dreaded/Bizarre, and from the Velocipede fate-locked story we have a +2 Dreaded/Respectable Transport. There’s also the +3 Bizarre spouse from Flute Street. The 2013 Feast Of The Exceptional Rose also brought us a +2 Dreaded Hat and a +3 Dreaded Weapon.

Barring these, however, you can get a +1 Dreaded/Bizarre weapon from the Iron Republic, and a +1 Dreaded/Bizarre pet from Polythreme. Also, do take note that the Yacht gives +2 Respectable while the Zubmarine only gives +1 Bizarre (sadface).

The only way to get it quite that high is with a few fate items, most notably theological husbandry and the velocipede squad.

To be fair, you don’t need Theological Husbandry if you have an Ubergoat.

Though I wonder if there is a way to merge the two?

For those of you looking for the Unsigned Letter card, the current Facebook link just gave me a Favorable Circumstances, which allows the drawing of the Unsigned Letter card for free.

[quote=Saharan][quote=Hex]Can I ask what items people have to get BRD to 25? I have 15 and am considering selling a couple of tears of the bazaar to get a few items that increase it but I’d like to know if there was any other way to get items that increase it[/quote] A lot of the best-in-slot items for BDR are fate-locked, actually. From the Labyrinth of Tiger fate-locked story we have a pet that’s +2 to both Dreaded/Bizarre, and from the Velocipede fate-locked story we have a +2 Dreaded/Respectable Transport. There’s also the +3 Bizarre spouse from Flute Street. The 2013 Feast Of The Exceptional Rose also brought us a +2 Dreaded Hat and a +3 Dreaded Weapon.

Barring these, however, you can get a +1 Dreaded/Bizarre weapon from the Iron Republic, and a +1 Dreaded/Bizarre pet from Polythreme. Also, do take note that the Yacht gives +2 Respectable while the Zubmarine only gives +1 Bizarre (sadface).[/quote]

[li]
If you miss the chance to get the ratwork velocipede, is there a way to go back and purchase it later? I fear I missed a window without realizing it.

[quote=Saharan][quote=Hex]Can I ask what items people have to get BRD to 25? I have 15 and am considering selling a couple of tears of the bazaar to get a few items that increase it but I’d like to know if there was any other way to get items that increase it[/quote] A lot of the best-in-slot items for BDR are fate-locked, actually. From the Labyrinth of Tiger fate-locked story we have a pet that’s +2 to both Dreaded/Bizarre, and from the Velocipede fate-locked story we have a +2 Dreaded/Respectable Transport. There’s also the +3 Bizarre spouse from Flute Street. The 2013 Feast Of The Exceptional Rose also brought us a +2 Dreaded Hat and a +3 Dreaded Weapon.

Barring these, however, you can get a +1 Dreaded/Bizarre weapon from the Iron Republic, and a +1 Dreaded/Bizarre pet from Polythreme. Also, do take note that the Yacht gives +2 Respectable while the Zubmarine only gives +1 Bizarre (sadface).[/quote]
Oooh I have theological husbandry! Which pet is it that gives +2 dreaded and bizarre? I’ve actually got flute street too but I’m guessing getting the Spouse takes extra Nex

[quote=Hex][quote=Saharan][quote=Hex]Can I ask what items people have to get BRD to 25? I have 15 and am considering selling a couple of tears of the bazaar to get a few items that increase it but I’d like to know if there was any other way to get items that increase it[/quote] A lot of the best-in-slot items for BDR are fate-locked, actually. From the Labyrinth of Tiger fate-locked story we have a pet that’s +2 to both Dreaded/Bizarre, and from the Velocipede fate-locked story we have a +2 Dreaded/Respectable Transport. There’s also the +3 Bizarre spouse from Flute Street. The 2013 Feast Of The Exceptional Rose also brought us a +2 Dreaded Hat and a +3 Dreaded Weapon.

Oooh I have theological husbandry! Which pet is it that gives +2 dreaded and bizarre? I’ve actually got flute street too but I’m guessing getting the Spouse takes extra Nex[/quote]
The Bifurcated Owl. You can create it if you have all the fate-locked pets (and it includes the one you make from the one you get in Flute-Street), a Hound of Heaven and notes from the Voyage of Scientific Discovery.
edited by Karaeir on 12/18/2013

[quote=Dr. Hieronymous Alloy][quote=Saharan][quote=Hex]Can I ask what items people have to get BRD to 25? I have 15 and am considering selling a couple of tears of the bazaar to get a few items that increase it but I’d like to know if there was any other way to get items that increase it[/quote] A lot of the best-in-slot items for BDR are fate-locked, actually. From the Labyrinth of Tiger fate-locked story we have a pet that’s +2 to both Dreaded/Bizarre, and from the Velocipede fate-locked story we have a +2 Dreaded/Respectable Transport. There’s also the +3 Bizarre spouse from Flute Street. The 2013 Feast Of The Exceptional Rose also brought us a +2 Dreaded Hat and a +3 Dreaded Weapon.

[li]
If you miss the chance to get the ratwork velocipede, is there a way to go back and purchase it later? I fear I missed a window without realizing it.[/quote]

[/li][li]
[/li][li]You can’t miss the Ratwork Velocipede, as soon as you pay the fate you get one. You just need to get Riding the Savage Cobbles 7 and pay the fate on An Eye Wide Open.[/li][li]

[quote=Saharan]The 2013 Feast Of The Exceptional Rose also brought us a +2 Dreaded Hat and a +3 Dreaded Weapon.

[/quote]

[li]
Which ones were these, I must have completely missed them…

Two possible hats - Tanned Mask and Mouthless Amber Mask and the Golden Spiked Rosary was the weapon.

The weapon is a Golden Spiked Rosary; don’t know on the hat.[li]

Ninja’d!
edited by Ewan C. on 12/18/2013

Has notability stopped decreasing with time the healer? I’ve had my one point of notability I lucked into for two weeks now.

Notability won’t decrease for the month of December. Because Time is a kind heart who likes christmas and no other part of the year.

[quote=MaskedGentleman]To be fair, you don’t need Theological Husbandry if you have an Ubergoat.

Though I wonder if there is a way to merge the two?[/quote]
Let us all stop and consider in horror the possibility of a Bifurcated Ubergoat.
+7 Bizarre, +7 Dreaded, +7 Nightmares, +1000 Young