Noman's Friend Melt Rate Tracking 2019

Hey all! Now that Penstock’s Wicket is open, it’s that wonderful time of the year again when some of us attempt keeping our Nomen (Nomans?) until The Feast of the Exceptional Rose in order to get that special tattoo. As in previous years, whenever your Time the Healer comes around and removes some Noman’s Friend, please post your results here.

Basically we’re looking for Date and amount of NF lost, but your time zone might help as well (If unsure, check here).

Last year I posted the results of tracking the 2018 season here: http://community.failbettergames.com/topic25547-nomans-friend-melt-rate-tracking-.aspx?Page=7#post220329

Here’s the data collected for 2018: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

And here’s a more visual version: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Good luck to everyone who’s going for it!

Edit: Even if you’re not attempting the Noman tattoo, your input is still greatly appreciated! Most people going for the tattoo get their Nomen late in January, but we need data for early in the month as well.

[i]edited by idyl on 1/9/2019[/i]

Have just gotten my Noman today and have been working at converting all my pails of snow into Noman’s friend.

Would it be better to use tears of the bazzar to prolong my Noman or should I just use taste of lacre?

[quote=lukeskylicker]Have just gotten my Noman today and have been working at converting all my pails of snow into Noman’s friend.

Would it be better to use tears of the bazzar to prolong my Noman or should I just use taste of lacre?[/quote]

Is this a Noman you intend on keeping (it is perhaps a bit too soon to get started on those)? Generally you want to use your pails with a monocle to get ToL and then convert that to Noman’s Friend, but you also need to keep a few for when you’ll be using Tears, since you need ToL to use Tears.

If you do not intend to keep the Noman until mid-February, you don’t really need to prolong its life at all. Mostly people get a Noman towards the end of the season, at 9 or 11/12 ToL (Tears might be needed to get to that ToL value). Then use pails -> Monocle -> ToL, if they have a lot of pails, or a pail to get started and then Tears. You’d have to find the balance depending on your pails/Tears count.

When you are done an have no more Tears to convert, and pails are soon to melt, use your last pail for some ToL and don’t use it for Noman’s Friend yet. You can get a Tear or two still and get some more Noman’s Friend as a last resort.

[quote=lukeskylicker]Have just gotten my Noman today and have been working at converting all my pails of snow into Noman’s friend.

Would it be better to use tears of the bazzar to prolong my Noman or should I just use taste of lacre?[/quote]If you’re trying to make it to the Feast of the Exceptional Rose, it is potentially too early. The amount you save in Taste of Lacre is outpaced by the weekly melting. It will cost an additional 12 Taste of Lacre to purchase the Noman at its highest price (15 ToL), which is equivalent to 36 Noman’s Friend. It will still be a couple of weeks until then, so your loss of NF from TTH outpaces the cost of purchasing late.

If you have a lot of snow, though, this might have been safer in order to make sure that all the Noman cards are played in time.

Pre-existing Tears give more NF on average than pails of snow, but they’re also more valuable. Depending on your tolerance for risk, it might be best to convert all your pails into NF and use Tears to raise NF to a point where you’re comfortable.

I have 46 pails. Is it safe to create Noman on the last week (23-24 January)? I am drawing 90-100 cards per day.

[quote=Waterpls]I have 46 pails. Is it safe to create Noman on the last week (23-24 January)? I am drawing 90-100 cards per day.[/quote]Should be more than enough. That gives you 514 NF total, so unless melt rates essentially double since last year, you should be able to make it.

I have four characters each with a noman this year, this is going to be fun.

Jan 8 (GMT+7), Noman 1, 26 NF lost.

Jan 8 (GMT+2), Noman 1, 40 NF lost.

Jan 9 (GMT-5), 30 NF lost.

January 9 (UTC-5), Noman 1, 48 NF lost.

Jan 9 (UTC-5), 25 NF lost.

Today, 10th of January, 5:20 AM GMT, my Noman lost 33 NF.

9th of Jan at 23:51PM, I lost 31 Noman’s Friend.

Good luck to everyone going for it this year! <3

Jan 10 (GMT+7), Noman 2, 26 NF lost.

Jan 11, 1:30AM or so US Eastern, 35 Noman’s Friend lost.

Jan 11, 3:30am US PST (GMT-8), 37 Noman’s Friend lost.

Question… Is the noman tattoo locked if I already have 2 tattoos?

[quote=Grove]Question… Is the noman tattoo locked if I already have 2 tattoos?[/quote]No, you can get a Gant tattoo of your Noman.

[quote=Grove]Question… Is the noman tattoo locked if I already have 2 tattoos?[/quote]That’s actually the requirement to get the Gant tattoo; you can even get it right after getting your second skin bound memory.

Jan 14 (GMT+7)…
Noman 3, 49 NF lost.
Noman 4, 35 NF lost.