Noman Melt-Rate Tracking, 2020

Now that Penstock’s Wicket is open, it’s possible to create Noman. For those who have ample supplies, it’s possible to keep your Noman alive until the Feast of the Exceptional Rose which occurs in early/mid February. If your Noman is still around when Lilac shows up (around Valentine’s Day), you have the opportunity to get a special Tattoo related to your Noman (Either this one, or this one even if you already have two tattoos).

This post is to gather information from anyone who has created a Noman. Whenever Time, the Healer comes around, your Noman will melt a bit, causing you to lose a certain amount of Noman’s Friend. This amount changes over the weeks, increasing more and more. My goal is to track how much is lost each week so we can figure out the average for future Tattoo-seekers. When Time, the Healer comes it will tell you how much Noman’s Friend you lost. If you could post the date and how much lost in the comments below it would be greatly appreciated.

Here’s all of the data that I’ve collected over the last five years, for anyone who’s interested. Check the different tabs up top for different info. If you have no idea what any of this is about, don’t worry. It’s a late-game goal that some players have to get this particular tattoo. That doesn’t mean your data isn’t important though! The more information, the better. Thanks in advance.

TL;DR: When your Noman melts, let us know how much and when.

Cross-posted from reddit.

I’ll add stuff when I make my Noman! Gonna try to have the little guy live crazy long if I can…

Here I am with today’s, 10th of January, melt rate: 30 NF lost.

10th Jan, 17:20 GMT +3
You’ve lost 26 x Noman’s Friend (new total 74

January 10th, -48 NF.

January 10, lost 47 Noman’s Friend.

1/10: -42

Jan 10: You’ve lost 30 x Noman’s Friend

Jan 10th, ~14:00 GMT: -31 NF (new total 69)

Thanks everyone for the info so far. In case anyone’s interested in following along, I usually update this daily, or whenever new data comes in. Sorry if it’s a bit confusing.

Jan 10, 3:30PM-ish EST (for both)-- 22 NF lost on my alt, 42 NF lost on my main. Doesn’t seem fair, but such is life.
edited by Tintinnabulum on 1/11/2020

1/9 I remember loosing 10 (from 30 to 20), but I didn’t think to note it at the time, so I’m just going off my memory. If I end up being an outlier in the data, then just drop me.

Jan 7th, lost 41 Noman’s Friend

Jan 11th, lost 49 Norman’s Friend. Painful.

My first-ever Noman roll yesterday and I got hit with the full 50. Oof.

Two issues with that data: 1) you start at 100, doesn’t seem likely that you’d be down to 30 already. 2) there’s no way you lost 10, the minimum is 20. The loss from Time, the Healer is going to be shown in your messages tab if you missed it for some reason.

Edit: Unless you’re talking about loss from something other than Time, the Healer. This data tracking unfortunately doesn’t concern that, but rather the weekly melt. Thanks Kaijyuu for pointing that out.

edited by idyl on 1/11/2020

You can lose some noman’s friend by listening to it on the card. Maybe they’re getting the weekly melt confused with that.
edited by Kaijyuu on 1/11/2020

[quote=Kaijyuu]You can lose some noman’s friend by listening to it on the card. Maybe they’re getting the weekly melt confused with that.
edited by Kaijyuu on 1/11/2020[/quote]Ah, that could be it. In that case, AbsolxGuardian, we’re just looking for the amount of Noman’s Friend lost each week from Time, the Healer.

I originally debated whether to even report this data point or not, but I’ll give it and let you determine whether you want to use it: (-31 NF) 2020-01-07.

However, since I already ran the IroNoman last year, I’ve spent this year roasting Nomen for the Ruthless (currently on my fourth one) to bridge the gap from 10 to 12, so my NF was already chipped away and TTH melted it.

[quote=Azothi]I originally debated whether to even report this data point or not, but I’ll give it and let you determine whether you want to use it: (-31 NF) 2020-01-07.

However, since I already ran the IroNoman last year, I’ve spent this year roasting Nomen for the Ruthless (currently on my fourth one) to bridge the gap from 10 to 12, so my NF was already chipped away and TTH melted it.[/quote]I’ll include it, as it doesn’t go outside the accepted values. You could have lost more than 31, but it’s not a big deal. I would exclude it if the loss was less than the minimum, etc. Unless you feel differently, let me know and I’ll adjust. Again, nothing major here, but I thank you for letting me know instead of just stating the loss.