Noman Cost & Melt Rate Tracking (2022)

TTH came for me and my snow buddy today. Here are our results: You’ve lost 86 x Noman’s Friend (new total 163 - The Noman is pristine).

I also got my (first!!) tattoo in gant today, so that accomplishment was achieved. Now I have a tidy collection of tattoos: flute street to commerate where I met my spouse, the jewel in honor of my baby, and now a permanent reminder of my lil’ snow buddy!
edited by mayactondreams on 2/11/2022

Congratulations to all the new Noman Tattooists!

Sixth TtH: Feb 11, 14:25 UTC You’ve lost 77 x Noman’s Friend (new total 332 - The Noman is pristine)

Got my 5th Gant tattoo and my Noman lost 89 more NF today, 11th of February.

11th February, 14:21 UTC:
Noman &quotCalcine&quot lost 73 x Noman’s Friend (new total 0/193)

Entitled to be a Secret,
But only left a Tattoo.
Met their end on a Pleasure Yacht;
We should all be so lucky

Account 1: 11 Feb., 14:43 UTC: Lost 71 NF
Account 2: 11 Feb., 14:43 UTC: Lost 96 NF

Friday, 11 February 2:15 PM UTC

You’ve lost 97 x Noman’s Friend (new total 261 - The Noman is pristine). 1st ever Noman tattoo.

4th February, 1400 GMT
Lost 71 x Noman’s Friend (new total 240)

This journey turned out a bit anticlimactic in the end, but I won’t complain seeing some numbers here

Feb 11, 2022 20:16 UTC You’ve lost 97 x Noman’s Friend

Chilly Prince Charlie is no more. As the 35 NF remaining had no chance of surviving another TtH, they had some assistance in their departure. Nevertheless, they will be missed.

First Noman tattoo acquired!

13th February 11:40 UTC

You’ve lost 94 x Noman’s Friend (new total 371 - The Noman is pristine).

If you’d like to see how much longer your Noman might have, or if you’re thinking about preparing for next year, I’ve made a calculator over at the wiki where you can plug in or test out some numbers! It’ll tell you how much NF you’ll need to reach a certain date, and calculate what that might mean in terms of Taste of Lacre and Pails of Snow while you’re there.

Three corollaries:

1. It’s based on trends we’ve observed so far, so it’s only accurate if those trends continue AND stay the same next year
  2. It uses a calculation shortcut that might lose ~1 NF of accuracy every few weeks, which should be too small to matter
  3. It’s a bit rough right now, but will be part of a bigger Noman Guide at some point. BUT, don’t let that stop you from testing it out!
    edited by elderfleur on 2/16/2022

February 12th: &quotYou’ve lost 79 x Noman’s Friend (new total 103 - The Noman is pristine).&quot
edited by Pnakotic on 2/18/2022

Both of my characters have their Noman tattoo now, rejoice! In other news, here are this week’s melt rates of them:

Kitty: 15th February 00:42 AM GMT+01: -100 Noman’s Friend (new total 378)
Cattus: 16th February 10:45 AM GMT+01: -93 Noman’s Friend (new total 439)

[quote=elderfleur]If you’d like to see how much longer your Noman might have, or if you’re thinking about preparing for next year, I’ve made a calculator over at the wiki where you can plug in or test out some numbers! It’ll tell you how much NF you’ll need to reach a certain date, and calculate what that might mean in terms of Taste of Lacre and Pails of Snow while you’re there.[/quote]Nice work on this! I was doing something similar using Google Sheets: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Basically you fill in the pink boxes and the rest is calculated, using NF rather than ToL. For each melting it gives the date, min, avg, and max. On the top right it sums up the total NF loss for min, avg, and max as well as telling you the range of Tears and Pails required.

Obviously that’s just a screenshot, but feel free to use any ideas or methods to enhance your calculator if you’d like. Having one on the wiki is definitely a good idea now that the formula is so straight-forward (for this year at least).

~~
edited by idyl on 2/16/2022

Friday, 18 February 2:15 PM UTC

You’ve lost 94 x Noman’s Friend (new total 167 - The Noman is pristine).

18 February hit for 106. 42 days since my Noman is born and counting… :)

EDIT: I was updating my sheet and decided to check my Noman costs over the years. Here they are for those interested

• 336 bought buckets over the course of 5 seasons. Quite more used because I excluded the free ones

• 67 Tears were warmed and lost

• The equivalent of 71k E were consumed. Considering the EPA for the materials and wines were really bad in the first years, I take that the they were around 55-60k. Only last year I moved myself to use the Orphans -> Tribute -> Night Whispers. Glad I did it before the changes!

• More than 16k AP were used to go shopping with my Noman to only get 8 Fabulous diamonds.

All this effort was worth it!!! My 5 Nomen lived a total of 320 days (43, 60, 102, 73, 42 and going…).
edited by Skinnyman on 2/18/2022

February 18th: &quotYou’ve lost 83 x Noman’s Friend (new total 20).&quot

Feb. 18, 20:16 UTC: You’ve lost 112 x Noman’s Friend.

Account 1: 18 Feb., 14:43 UTC: Lost 90 NF
Account 2: 18 Feb., 14:43 UTC: Lost 90 NF

Same value on both of them for the second time this year! That’s a weird coincidence, and I’m making a note of it here to reassure you that it’s not a typo, they both lost 90 this week.