Noman Cost & Melt Rate Tracking (2022)

You’ve lost 57 x Noman’s Friend (new total 11).

How am I supposed to get the Noman Tattoo? Last year I got there easily but accidentally messed up, this year it seems much more difficult…

28th January, ~10:00 UTC:
Noman &quotBolide&quot lost 63 x Noman’s Friend (new total 10/122)

28th January, 14:21 UTC:
Noman &quotCalcine&quot lost 61 x Noman’s Friend (new total 132/193)

28 January “You’ve lost 58 x Noman’s Friend (new total 246 - The Noman is pristine)”

“You’ve lost 72 x Noman’s Friend (new total 232 - The Noman is pristine).”

For anyone curious what this year’s overall tracking looks like so far: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

The weekly Mins, Maxes, and Averages are best guesses based on each day’s data. Seems generally that they’ve been updating the melt-rate at some point each Friday. Still waiting to see the big jump, not sure when or if that’ll happen. The weekly values have been different this year compared to previous ones, so it’s kind of new territory in how they’re doing it.

20:16 UTC Friday, January 28, 2022 - “You’ve lost 62 x Noman’s Friend”

Jan 28 15:30 GMT-5 You’ve lost 58 x Noman’s Friend (new total 98)

This may be the last week for Chilly Prince Charlie. I messed up and turned in ToL without having a pail in reserve. I have 11 tears left, but I don’t know if it is worth it for an average 13 NF each.

Jan 29th 05:25 GMT+8

You’ve lost 65 x Noman’s Friend (new total 434 - The Noman is pristine)

Dears, can you please help me understand, is there any mechanical benefit in creating and/or maintaining Noman, or is it just a… fun activity?

Dears, can you please help me understand, is there any mechanical benefit in creating and/or maintaining Noman, or is it just a… fun activity?

[quote=Wojciech]Dears, can you please help me understand, is there any mechanical benefit in creating and/or maintaining Noman, or is it just a… fun activity?[/quote] It is, firstly, a fun activity. But, if you can keep one alive until Millicent’s Tattoo Parlour you can get a special Noman Tattoo even if you already have 2 tattoos; it gives no stat bonus, but it is also a fun activity. But, if you feed it quirks about 60 times you can pop it open for an Elemental Secret! It’s not fantastic EPA, but if you bought the Noman early with free Lacre it’s not bad.

But, again, it’s mostly just a fun activity. &quotFun&quot here being a slightly melancholy meditation on death and existence, I guess, and watching numbers go down instead of up, which is where numbers usually go so the variety’s nice.

Ahem.

Greetings, my dear delicious friends!

I didn’t make my Noman until after my first visit from Time the Healer (on Thursday, Jan. 27th), as I wanted to minimize the number of meltings between his creation and Millicent’s visit at the Feast and to stockpile my tears and pails prior to… building him (he is, after all, a boy built of unusual ‘snow’, and building sure as hell sounds a lot more pleasant to me than birthing), so I haven’t any melt results to report, as of yet.

I usually limit my social engagements to the Wiki and the Reddit (mostly because I’d lost my ‘key’ to get into the forums, which I had to put a little effort into finding) - and, of course, the Neath, at large - however, since I benefitted greatly from the advice of Veteran Noman parents, I will be sharing my melt rate for the following weeks, after each subsequent visit from Time the Healer, since I’ve heard that there’s a dearth of reports this year.

As of today, my little buddy’s stats sit at a healthy resting rate of &quotNoman’s Friend 310 - The Noman is pristine&quot. I’m a bit nervous as to how that might change, but I suppose only time will tell. Wish me luck!
edited by mayactondreams on 1/29/2022

[quote=mayactondreams]Ahem.

Greetings, my dear delicious friends!

I didn’t make my Noman until after my first visit from Time the Healer (on Thursday, Jan. 27th), as I wanted to minimize the number of meltings between his creation and Millicent’s visit at the Feast and to stockpile my tears and pails prior to… building him (he is, after all, a boy built of unusual ‘snow’, and building sure as hell sounds a lot more pleasant to me than birthing), so I haven’t any melt results to report, as of yet.

I usually limit my social engagements to the Wiki and the Reddit (mostly because I’d lost my ‘key’ to get into the forums, which I had to put a little effort into finding) - and, of course, the Neath, at large - however, since I benefitted greatly from the advice of Veteran Noman parents, I will be sharing my melt rate for the following weeks, after each subsequent visit from Time the Healer, since I’ve heard that there’s a dearth of reports this year.

As of today, my little buddy’s stats sit at a healthy resting rate of &quotNoman’s Friend 310 - The Noman is pristine&quot. I’m a bit nervous as to how that might change, but I suppose only time will tell. Wish me luck!
edited by mayactondreams on 1/29/2022[/quote]

Good luck with the Noman!

And since I forgot to report my second set of melting data, I will retroactively do so for the sake of data collection:

On January the 21st, I’ve lost 32 NF on my main and 56 NF on my alt.
I’ve… harvested… my Nomen for Elemental Secrets before they could melt further, so these are my final timepoints.

30th January, ~10:00 UTC:
Noman &quotAphel&quot lost 1 x Noman’s Friend (new total 0/100)
Went down fighting; interred in a bucket.

First TtH for this Noman

28th January, 1400 GMT
Lost 55 x Noman’s Friend (new total 369)
edited by octopusnado on 1/30/2022

Same as above, this is the first TtH for my snow homunculus! Starting NF was 601, so I’m aiming to make it to March. Thanks to the folks on Discord for guiding me here!

30th January 11:41 UTC

You’ve lost 56 x Noman’s Friend (new total 545 - The Noman is pristine).

Starting NF 603. Babies first Noman.

14th January 6am CST

20 x Noman’s Friend

21st January 6am CST

36 x Noman’s Friend

28th January 6am CST

71 x Noman’s Friend

29th January : 61 x Noman’s friend

Here are this week’s melt rates of my characters:

Kitty: 1st February, 00:42 AM GMT+01; -69 Noman’s Friend (new total 541)
Cattus: 2nd February, 10:45 AM GMT+01; -59 Noman’s Friend (new total 632)

Furthermore, I just noticed that I provided false information about my time zone in my previous post (on 26th January). It is GMT+01 (or CET), not GMT. Sorry for that.

Anyone have any meltings higher than 80 yet? Usually by this point we’re in the 90-120 range, but maybe this year is an easy one.