New Renown Items Available

Say, people are talking about a 40 renown Rubbery item but I haven’t a clue what they are talking about. I thought the only item was the bellringer, does anyone else know what item they are referencing?

There’s a rubbery organ in flute street, so sadly its fate locked.

Is anybody willing to speculate on the Constables & Hell faction rewards? Constables is beyond my foresight, but I would bet a box of dead rats that Hell’s items will require a trip to the Iron Republic.

Constables might include:

An actual Constable Hat
A Neddy Stick
A Neddy Man armed with the Above
Some part of Special Constable Uniform

Hell is…

WHO KNOWZZ!?

Perhaps Corpsecage Island, as there are rumours that the Constables dispose of their worst criminals there.

I have Flute Street, so it requires 40 renown and 5 favors? Does anyone have one? What are the stats?

Not speculation on the items but I would think that a hell item would be in the mirror-marches
edited by parr0t on 11/10/2016

…I have uncovered the darkest of secrets within New Newgate. Who would’ve guess the stairs went down that far…

So are there any ways to get Favours that don’t involve paying Fate or waiting for cards?

I have Flute Street, so it requires 40 renown and 5 favors? Does anyone have one? What are the stats?[/quote]
According to the bookmark in my Plans tab, it takes 40 renown and 7 favors. No idea what the stats are, that may be publicly unavailable due to being fate-locked.

If your renown is low you can meet contacts at Mrs. Plenty’s Carnival. That will give you favors, until your renown gets too high.

The Location of an Underground Organ is the Rubbery 40 Renown item. A 10 Persuasive, 1 Bizarre weapon.

Thanks, Absimiliard :smiley: I think my Renowns must be too high to see the options (or maybe the essay I’m banging my head off has killed the last of my brain), because I’m not seeing options to get Docks or Criminal favours…

It’s very easy to have too much renown. If I recall rightly the Carnival only goes up to 5 Renown, after which the contacts cut you off.

It would be incredibly tedious, but if it’s your main priority you could repeatedly grind notability to get favourable circumstances and then force draw the relevant faction card. Unless you’re in a hurry for some readon it’s probably best just to play the cards when they come up.

Mutton island lets you grind docks, and flute street for rubbery. Neither are all that efficient though.

Not speculation on the items but I would think that a hell item would be in the mirror-marches
edited by parr0t on 11/10/2016[/quote]

Well now I’m trying to guess where all the unclaimed factions might stash their top-tier items.

Wild speculation:

Bohemian: The Royal Bethlehem or the Mirror-Marches
The Church: The Slow Boat, maybe. Not a lot of options, honestly
The Constables: The Foreign Office, maybe. Again, not a lot of options.
The Great Game: Cave of the Nadir, Port Carnelian, or the Foreign Office
Hell: The Mirror-Marches or the Iron Republic
Revolutionaries: The Iron Republic or (maaaybe) Doubt Street. But probably the Iron Republic.
Society: Port Carnelian, Doubt Street, or a Heist location
Urchins: The Cave of the Nadir or the Mind of a Long-Dead God

Something might wind up in Polythreme–I just haven’t the slightest idea whose.

Interested in other peoples’ ideas.
edited by the_loof on 11/10/2016
edited by the_loof on 11/10/2016

[quote=Kalix]So are there any ways to get Favours that don’t involve paying Fate or waiting for cards?[/quote] There are a few highly-inefficient ways to get some favours without waiting on cards. In addition to suinicide’s notes on Mutton Island and Flute Street, you can gain favours with the Tomb Colonists by driving your Scandal up to 8 and being sent off in disgrace. In addition to the one you get just for being sent, there are cards you can draw while there than give you additional favours.

Mostly, though, it’s a matter of waiting on cards unless you’re willing to throw all profitability out the window and just grind.

You can grind for Docks Favours without waiting for cards:

Just play any story which changes the Airs of London (e.g. Unfinished Business). When the Airs value is in the range 96-100 (roughly every twenty actions), you can go and get a Docks Favour from the Chandleress in the Department of Menace Eradication.

It’s still RNG dependent, but without cards.

I’m not sure how keen I am on the conversion of other connections. Favors to Renown grinding is a pain, and then if your renown is too high you can’t nab a couple favors cheap. Ah well. Nice items, though. Anything with defenestrating in it is always excellent.