NEW, Free content: Governing Port Carnelian

[quote=Ewan C.]Oops. I thought that an option labelled ‘The Foreign Office wishes you to…’ would be safe from loss of prestige… not so, mes amis. Back to London I trot, it seems…

…ouch.[/quote]

Considering what you must do to enter the Foreign Office, I am hardly surprised at any scandalous and unsavory business.

Awesome! :)

WELP

[quote=Spacemarine9]Prett sure you can’t get back to Court yet, but the Carnelian Coast is pretty swell.[/quote]Then I’ll wait.

I believe that, apart from the other Ambitions, the Foreign Office (and now Port Carnelian) is the only storyline I’ve never experienced, but I don’t like closing doors permanently.

What happens when you get kicked out of the Carnelian Coast? Must you go back to London to rego, or are you locked out of it?

Also, any idea if you can get higher than a minor footnote in history? I’ve done two terms, didn’t move.
edited by Docteur on 6/4/2015

Many thanks to failbetter for teaching me that while fairytale wolves may huff and puff, tigers in the real world do actually chuff. (plus the word chuffle itself, which is a precious cyst-growth of the english language).[li]Unrelatedly - this is plot, I guess but [spoiler] has there been definitive explanations about these ‘Heart-takers’? There seem to be any number of interchangeable names for them - heart eaters, heart catchers (from the urchins at a wedding), and heart takers again from interactions with the banded prince in sunless sea.[/li][li]
edited by fortluna on 6/5/2015

Doc, definitely goes higher. I did each ending once, and ended up with the title in my Mantlepiece. (That was after 3 terms).

Thank you, Monogatari.
If you are interested in the rewards for having either 100-150 or 150+ of either quality, you can send me a PM.

[li]Help!! I’ve gone to my lodgings and no one under find new stories will take me to the foreign office. How do I get there so I can play this story.
[li]

[li]Open to invites and actions…

If you haven’t already you’ll need to get banished from the Empress’ Court to enter the Foreign Office.

How do I get banished from court?

You’ll need to enter into the Empress’ Court from the Shuttered Palace and work with the Veteran Privy Counsellor.

I’ve done that a while back. The veteran privy counselor isn’t there anymore.

Haven’t tried this yet, but thinking about doing so shortly. I assume becoming Governor doesn’t lock you out of the Foreign Office (which is actually a place I really want to be right now)?

You should be able to get the &quotDiplomat in the Making&quot Quality, then. If you don’t already have it you can either get it from an Opportunity card or from speaking to the Bohemian Sculptress. Then you just go to Wilmot’s End and enter the Foreign Office.

So definitely don’t let your legitimacy fall to zero. I carelessly played an option that took away 20 instead of 10 and got tossed back out to zee!. So now I need to go back to London, go through the Foreign Office again, and then go back to the Carnelian Coast.

That’s pretty brutal.

Is the diplomat in training quality found in the opportunity deck or is it in a story tab??

You can get it from the Opportunity deck or the Bohemian Sculptress in your Lodgings. If you want to see if you have the quality simply go to your Myself tab and look under Accomplishments.

[quote=Sackville]So definitely don’t let your legitimacy fall to zero. I carelessly played an option that took away 20 instead of 10 and got tossed back out to zee!. So now I need to go back to London, go through the Foreign Office again, and then go back to the Carnelian Coast.

That’s pretty brutal.[/quote]

Also, Imperial Legitimacy does not reset between governing terms, but the weaker basic actions do not damage it. Basically if actions description says something that cater too much to the locals and defy London, you lose some, but you just get a bigger boost to local reputation and with luck, juggling and the eventual wiki-fu you can achieve the same without hurting your legitimacy.

Also, don’t bother building up both type of local reputation, the game explicitly say it is more profitable to cash in on one type.
edited by Estelle Knoht on 6/5/2015

Before I run through the Foreign Office and head out to zee, I’d like to know if there’s anything I should bring along we me when I visit Port Carnelian.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Sir~Joseph~Marlen