NEW, Free content: Governing Port Carnelian

But… there’s no wiki content! How am to know exactly what the optimal decisions are???

I’m both excited and nervous. Let’s hope I can manage to do a good job with this whole Governor thing.

Looks like it’s time to finally get banished from court. Life of the mind, how I shall miss thee.

Anyone taken the “shortage of workers” option? I’m on thin ice with the Foreign Office and want to know if it’ll help me get to dry land, or drop me in the soup…

Hello, everybody! I’m new to the game. How do I get to the Foreign Office? I was promised governorship some time ago, but the only outcome (so far) was that they kicked me out of the Court and no ships seem to zail to the Cost. And there is no Foreign Office on the map either. How to get an appointment there?
edited by mmk on 6/4/2015

It is a location in Wilmot’s End. And I guess it’s finally time to get kicked out of Court as well!

Great! Where is Wilmot’s End then? I’ve never been there (though I discovered all the initial locations - from the Fleet to Mahogany Hall.

I completely forgot about my beautiful wife, somehow. Are there any options for bringing the foreign office attachés along/interacting with them over there?[li][/li][li]Wilmot’s end can come from opp cards, or by speaking to the sculpturess/urchin in your lodgings.[/li][li]
edited by fortluna on 6/4/2015

Did you find yourself in a beautiful house? Or perhaps in another part of the world? Letting the days go by, water flowing underground? My god, what have you done?!

Will the Grubby Urching do? The one you can buy at Redempions for 28.80.

Will the Grubby Urching do? The one you can buy at Redempions for 28.80.[/quote]

That’s a companion. You need to go to your Lodgings and use the storylet titled &quotFIND NEW STORIES: Chat with the Local Gossip&quot, which serves exactly the purpose you need – finding your way to new content.

[li]

Will the Grubby Urching do? The one you can buy at Redempions for 28.80.[/quote]

No, you need to go to your Lodgins, and click on the Local Gossip. You can then talk to the Urchin (or one of the other three, each associated with a main stat).

Thank you for your advice, good people of London! Regrettably neither of the Gossipers at my Lodgings opens the way to Wilmot’s End. One sends me to the Fleet. The other to the Shattered Palace. Something must be wrong with them. (Or maybe some Influential Tiger just doesn’t want to see me governing his Coast)
edited by mmk on 6/4/2015

I think there’s a stat requirement, plus person of some importance status?
From the wiki - Persuasive/Shadowy at 110.

[quote=Sir Frederick Tanah-Chook]
Did you find yourself in a beautiful house? Or perhaps in another part of the world? Letting the days go by, water flowing underground? My god, what have you done?![/quote]
The stray rivulets of the forgotten quarter are noxious but not quite lethian; no, it was when the Bazaar assumed the only thing I might like to do with her is divorce :[ and if even the Bazaar thought our disparity so unsurmountable, then there’s nothing for me, is there. I’ve been in the squalid haunts of the flit for months and months, trying to bury those pesky feelings :[[
[li][/li][li]
edited by fortluna on 6/4/2015

[quote=mmk]Thank you for your advice, good people of London! Regrettably neither of the Gossipers at my Lodgings opens the way to Wilmot’s End. One sends me to the Fleet. The other to the Shattered Palace. Something must be wrong with them. (Or maybe some Influential Tiger just doesn’t want to see me governing his Coast)
edited by mmk on 6/4/2015[/quote]

You will also need to be a Person of Some Importance, and have either a Persuasive or a Shadowy that is 110 or above.

Stat requirement, importance status… Pff! Could a weekling have frightened and outraged the Court by the sheer force of Personality?! I’ll show them! One day. (And this day I will humbly grind as I usually do:()

I’m holding off getting kicked out of the Court until there’s confirmation that a return is possible.

Prett sure you can’t get back to Court yet, but the Carnelian Coast is pretty swell. Some very hacky rough calculations I did suggest it might be pretty profitable, maybe, possibly, but they were very rough calculations (and I didn’t take into account factors like Legitimacy or the zee journeys or anything, so who knows). Still, I’m liking it, you can chill out with tigers or go drink a tea maybe.

But… I don’t want to be exiled from the court! Surely they would want a spy from inside the court, wouldn’t they?

Did you find yourself in a beautiful house? Or perhaps in another part of the world? Letting the days go by, water flowing underground? My god, what have you done?![/quote]

And so began the liberation of the night.
edited by MissCrumpet on 6/4/2015

Oops. I thought that an option labelled ‘The Foreign Office wishes you to…’ would be safe from loss of prestige… not so, mes amis. Back to London I trot, it seems…

…ouch.