NEW, Free content: Governing Port Carnelian

[color=#ffff33]A roar from the jungle shatters the morning silence, and nearly breaks the windows of Heartscross House. Your secretary smiles. &quotHis Royal Highness will see you presently.&quot

An old friend from Court has made good on his word. Port Carnelian - London’s last colony, a hotbed of intrigue - is yours to govern.

Brave the heat to go among the people and learn what they need most. Bend the spirit and the letter of the law to its fullest extent in the pursuit of your interests.

But always remember: the Crown is watching.

Players who have been promised a governorship can now access it.[/color]
[color=#ffff33]
[/color][color=#ffff33]Begin by completing a term in the Foreign Office (even if you have done so before).[/color]
edited by h4nchan on 6/4/2015

Exciting! Colonialism at a dizzying height of complicity. I take it Cash is the author of this one? (I wish there were more individual author credits.)

Especially curious to see if there’s a choice here between readmittance to Court and other goals like… personal profit or “trying to be less of a colonialist %#€*!£@$ and working for the tigers even though they rightfully despise your position.”

Let’s hope it will not interact with Sunless Sea - I sabotaged my fair share of Carnelian Coast Governors in that game. :eeks:
edited by Estelle Knoht on 6/4/2015

[color=#009900]There used to be - but

(i) because so many stories have new branches added, or old content changed, over time, the credits almost invariably ended up misleading
(ii) we run a really collaborative process. Everyone in the content team has some input. We do like to indicate announce time who’s the primary author, though, especially when it’s a freelancer.[/color]

Alexis, dear tiger, assist me.

I have been grinding for so long I am not sure I can re-adjust to life on the ‘outside’. All my friends and family have moved on, the quality of light seems different. How do I do content. Is it a new Affair of the Box branch? How many times round the carousel do I go? How can I possibly adjust? Oh, my but I’m getting light-headed.

[quote=Cash DeCuir][color=#ffff33]
Players who have been promised a governorship can access it after completing a term in the Foreign Office.[/color]

[color=#ffff33]completing a term in the Foreign Office.
[/color]
[color=#ffff33]in the Foreign Office.[/color][/quote]

In Wilmot’s End

Foreign Office’s Notability hasn’t changed, because it is lower than 0

I look forward to interacting with my spouse for the first time in years. Please speak, please speak, O please.
edited by Estelle Knoht on 6/4/2015

Don’t worry: anything you see that looks like content or a story isn’t quite real. The tangible ache of your steps on the carousel is the true flesh of reality in the Neath. You will awake from your fevered dreams of plot and character development to find that you are staring at your six out of twelve boxfuls of intrigue again. Until you look at the journal of echoed fragments by your bed and wonder: did it really happen?

Alexis: that makes sense! In a similar vein, I still enjoy it when television shows with big writer’s rooms list a primary author for an episode; helps pluck out notes of flavor.

By the way, Evil Tiger Overlord - please add a border to The Manifestation of Promises! I almost charged into switching side for a moment. Pretty please?

[color=#009900]I’m pleased to announce that anyone bugging me personally with a content request change will get a Free Giant Bag of Spaniel Entrails! For a limited time only, this offer is also available on Twitter.[/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]:)[/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900](feedback@failbettergames.com is the place to go for this)[/color]

[quote=Alexis Kennedy]
[color=#009900]I’m pleased to announce that anyone bugging me personally with a content request change will get a Free Giant Bag of Spaniel Entrails! For a limited time only, this offer is also available on Twitter.[/color][color=#009900]
[/color][/quote]

Offer not applicable for Facebook?

[color=#009900]I never log in to Facebook any more, because I’m quite frightened of my family.[/color]

[color=#009900]Anyway, off-topic, moderators moderate me. Talk about Port Carnelian, you guys, because I was reviewing it last night and it is properly fine work. I’m delighted to have added Cash to our permanent writing team.[/color]

This is exciting! I’m looking forward to it.

It’s the spaniel I feel worst for. And, this is thoroughly exciting! I am entering the Foreign Office now, and wishing I had more actions saved up today.

[color=#009900]I’m pleased to announce that anyone bugging me personally with a content request change will get a Free Giant Bag of Spaniel Entrails! For a limited time only, this offer is also available on Twitter.[/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]:)[/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900](feedback@failbettergames.com is the place to go for this)[/color][/quote]

Can we put the Veteran Privvy Chancellor in a toilet costume?

I rashly set out to zee earlier without checking back at the Foreign Office - is any content available at Port Carnelian yet, or should I take myself to London immediately once I reach my my destination?[li]

You can’t get to Port Carnelian without first having gotten Imperial Legitimacy from the Foreign Office, so you’ll have to return to London.

Drat, thank you. I will put this detour down to the complicated feelings of the tiger on my crew about its own complicity as part of an imperialist cabal. Or maybe 's just the fault of an errant behemoustache, ehhhh.[li]

I did the same thing as Hubris - made the zee-crossing in record speed before realising &quotI forgot to go to the Foreign Office first, didn’t I.&quot (Especially foolish as I’d already run the Office content as Sir Fred!)
edited by Sir Frederick Tanah-Chook on 6/4/2015

Just as a matter of curiosity, will we be able to return to Her Majesty’s Court soon, or is that not for a while?