NEW CONTENT: the Fruits of the Zee festival!

I’m confused by this as well. This morning I had a shot at a crate of parabola-linens, but unwisely chose the flint out of curiosity. At that time, the catch score was all that mattered, and the guineau pig was too many levels below me. Later today, with similar catch results, I’ve been getting the &quotwreckers cove&quot results instead, and level 5 catches are only giving me 4 ranks in wreckers cove, the guineau pig is 3 levels above me now, and I’m frankly a bit nonplussed by the whole affair.

I found the salts, eolith, and mutersalt all fairly easy to get with level 5 catches.

I’m confused by this as well. This morning I had a shot at a crate of parabola-linens, but unwisely chose the flint out of curiosity. At that time, the catch score was all that mattered, and the guineau pig was too many levels below me. Later today, with similar catch results, I’ve been getting the &quotwreckers cove&quot results instead, and level 5 catches are only giving me 4 ranks in wreckers cove, the guineau pig is 3 levels above me now, and I’m frankly a bit nonplussed by the whole affair.[/quote]

I’m baffled too. Level 8 running battle at catch and all I could get was wine or docs. :-(

[quote=Pnakotic]I found the salts, eolith, and mutersalt all fairly easy to get with level 5 catches.[/quote]I’m finding it quite difficult to keep RB below 6… but that’ll probably change when my Quirks get lower and lower and I actually start failing some of the fishing options!

(guess I’ll be due a well-Fated visit to the Iron Republic after all this, to get them up again!)

I’m confused by this as well. This morning I had a shot at a crate of parabola-linens, but unwisely chose the flint out of curiosity. At that time, the catch score was all that mattered, and the guineau pig was too many levels below me. Later today, with similar catch results, I’ve been getting the &quotwreckers cove&quot results instead, and level 5 catches are only giving me 4 ranks in wreckers cove, the guineau pig is 3 levels above me now, and I’m frankly a bit nonplussed by the whole affair.[/quote]

I’m baffled too. Level 8 running battle at catch and all I could get was wine or docs. :-([/quote]
Makes me wonder - are lower running battle scores better for certain catches? Or is fishing really &quota matter of temperament&quot with either our menace scores or attributes (daring, subtle, forceful, heartless, ruthless, melancholy, hedonist, austere, magnanimous) determining the outcome? I may try to experiment a bit with the running battle, if I can…

[quote=Wieland Burandt][quote=Pnakotic]I found the salts, eolith, and mutersalt all fairly easy to get with level 5 catches.[/quote]I’m finding it quite difficult to keep RB below 6… but that’ll probably change when my Quirks get lower and lower and I actually start failing some of the fishing options!

(guess I’ll be due a well-Fated visit to the Iron Republic after all this, to get them up again!)[/quote]
I haven’t failed a challenge in most of my trips - ten successes is getting me approximately 18 CP of running battle. Not using map scraps, partial, maps, or sea stories.

I’ve landed four Strange Catches so far, and each one has gotten exactly the same level as my Running Battle at the time. It’s that Hooded Lady who keeps downgrading the final result, except for the first one: 5 to 5, 7 to 4, 8 to 6, and then 7 to 5.

[quote=babelfishwars][quote=Pnakotic][quote=Sir Frederick Tanah-Chook]
I’m baffled too. Level 8 running battle at catch and all I could get was wine or docs. :-([/quote]
[color=#ff9900]When you give your Strange Catch to the Hooded Lady, it says the treasures you find are somewhat random, but the higher your Strange Catch was the better they’re likely to be.[/color]

If you’re having trouble getting the lower rewards like the mutersalt or the scintillack snuff, you may need to intentionally fail at some of the quirk challenges so your RB is only around 3 or 4.

How can you intentionally fail at a quirk challenge? Other than deliberately grinding down your quirks, that is? It’s a lot harder than tweaking your main stats.

I’m afraid you’ll just have to wait until you have some quirks at a low enough level that you have a decent chance of failure.

My Time Passing in the Southern Archipelago quality was at 9, with a few new cards I was planning to look at, but then suddenly it had reset to 0. Was that supposed to happen?

That is how Time Passing works, it is a carousel with various options at the end. You have to build it back to 9 to try another one.

I’ve gotten everything I wanted at the Festival and really feel like just leaving already. Do you guys think Failbetter will put out one one final update/reward or is it a safe bet to assume the festival has run it’s course?

If you’d like to leave I don’t see any harm in doing so. It’s pretty easy to return if needed.

But I hadn’t actually looked at any of the 9 quality cards yet. It reset before I had a chance. That’s what seemed a bit unusual.

EDIT - Oh no my mistake- I think I chose one of the first options and hadn’t noticed the Reset note. My mistake!
edited by Fairweather on 8/30/2014

I’m still waiting for the well to spit out a candle.

Well, I got everything but the compass. Two times I went into the cave with 6 catch, my picking lowered to 4.

I got every item on most of my accounts. Missing Mutersalt and the Eolith on Gloria, but I’m sure persistence will prevail in the end. :)

I finally managed to get all the weapons for all my characters :)

Now most of them are fishing for strange catches, trying all the options and using the catch to reduce wounds and nightmares when the opportunity arises and the catch is at the same level as the menace.