New Art

Yeah, it is rather disconcerting. I just hope that this is temporary and they’ll be upgraded soon.

The new quirk artwork is great, but it really doesn’t fit the art theme of Fallen London at all. Maybe they’re supposed to stand out among other qualities, but my eyes still hurt a little every time my quirks change. A darker theme like the Menaces would work great, I think!

Whereas initially when I first saw it, I was like &quotWhy is my Hedonism green?&quot, but after seeing the other quirks were all themed the same I’m rather glad for the change. I like that they stand out with the light green, rather than looking gloomy. At a glance, I can see &quotOh, that thing is a Quirk!&quot, without even needing to consider what kind of Quirk it might be or look at the detail in the artwork.
The image is meant to be like an icon - and does it’s job of being iconic significantly better when it stands apart from the rest. :-)

Yeah, I dig the new Quirk icons. The green’s not particularly unalike the blues and greens in lots of existing icons, except in as much as the simple design makes them stand out as Quirks

Some new changes:

edited by Travers on 9/28/2015

Okay, big thumbs-up for those two changes. The Flit in particular. I used to think that the card for the Flit showed someone entangled in webs.

Only criticism of the butler-type image is that’s lost that subtle drinker’s nose, which I thought made a nice contrast to his serious demeanour.

[li]
This is my big complaint too. It feels too Apple-clean for something as grimy and dank as Fallen London. The bright green also stands out a LOT with the red/black/brown theming.[/quote]

I couldn’t put my finger on it, but it’s this exactly - it looks like an Apple product. Too modern for me. I love the other art, though. The revolutionary and church are a million times better now.

[quote=Travers]Some new changes:

edited by Travers on 9/28/2015[/quote]

Am I missing something? The images look identical…

Your browser probably has the old images in its cache and hasn’t refreshed them yet. Try force updating the cache by pressing Ctrl + F5 to reload the page.

[quote=MissCrumpet][quote=Travers]Some new changes:

edited by Travers on 9/28/2015[/quote]

Am I missing something? The images look identical…[/quote]
in the version we have, one’s darker and duller.

Ah thank you! Strange, since I could see all the other new images. unfortunately I don’t know the equivalent of ctrl+f5 on a mobile device, but clearing my cache still reveals the difference.

I like the new one, although I miss the old Flit image.

New Revolutionaries - I like it.

Clay sedan chair.
(Sorry, unable to load the picture here)

EDIT: That’s weird… I saw a different picture at another computer and at the phone, now unable to see it in my own computer and the image on the phone is gone too
edited by Gonen on 10/19/2015

Clay Sedan

Respectable Landau

And a new picture for the Newspaper, so far I’ve only seen it in Spite when heading to Doubt st.

It looks much sleeker, though I prefer the feel of the old one.
edited by NotaWalrus on 10/20/2015

New art I saw when leaving the party today
edited by NotaWalrus on 10/21/2015

New art for the knife icon as well.

I love the new art so much. It’s magical. So happy, Mr. Arendt.

I, too, love the new art. New newspapers are very cool.

The re-use of icons…not so much.

This is my standard hand of the most frequent annoying cards I never want to see, and since the best way to make sure that happens is to always be seeing them, well:

What about all those City Vices? The Artist is the least useful card I draw.