New Art

So. I just want to say. AAAAHHHHHHH MY GOD SO PRETTY.

What’s your favourite? Mine is either the new &quotLook for Targets&quot or The Cities That Fell.

&quotAAAAHHHHHHH&quot is the right word. The new ‘pirate’ caused a brief moment of alarm when a card came up. He looks much scarier now. Well done!

edited by Gillsing on 2/14/2015

AHHH, indeed. I was just gathering Casing in the Flit and the new Looking for the Targets gave me a bit of a start. Aeolian Screams look awfully mysterious now too. Nice work!

Yeah, I freaked when I first noticed my Gang of Hoodlums. Aeolian Screams is an interesting case, though- in my inventory they have the old pic, but if I click on them to see the conversion option, they have the new pic in the requirements. Are these Sunless Sea assets making their way to FL?

I had to do a hard refresh to see a lot of the new art in the game itself. Very nice~ I like the new pirate look.

I think you need to clear your cache.

Feducci looks awesome!

Edit: Does that mean he might show up in Sunless Sea soon?
edited by Curious Foreigner on 2/10/2015

What is everyone’s favorite art in the game, old or new? What would you buy a print of?

Personally, I find the Canny Costermonger absolutely charming.
edited by ruen on 2/11/2015

The new Claymen art (look in your inventory and in stories for your Mired in Clay quality) is another one of my new favourites.

Also re: refreshing/cache/restart, oddly enough, I found neither worked for me and I could see small images, but not the large, or I could see large but not the small. Apparently Skyglass Knives might have new art, but as such I haven’t seen it yet.

Although new art is always welcomed, I think its style doesn’t fit with the old ones very well, just like the Dilmun Club Badge.

Oh, wow, I love the new eye-to-the-keyhole art.

Well hopefully they’ll be going through and updating all the art eventually, otherwise yes, it’d be a bit of a mixed bunch of illustrations. I’m assuming, even with all the assets they can bring across from Sunless Sea, that it’s still quite a bit of work. There’s a lot of art in there!

Aaagh! Changes! I hate and fear changes.

Nah, only kidding, most of it looks pretty good, and I particularly like the swanky new bottle for Master’s Blood:

However, I have almost painfully sharp visual acuity (and a very good monitor), and the random black dots on the small cloud image are annoying me far more than would seem reasonable:

Anyway, am off to chug around Sunless Sea some more, that thing is a triumph.

A small issue I have with the new art:

I like the new pirate guy. However, since it only applies to the pirategreen.png and piratered.png but not pirate.png, the Devious Henchman undergoes extreme cosmetic surgery (bearded old guy -> smooth-skinned bald man) when you bring him into the Nadir for an upgrade. I know Irrigo mess up your appearance but if I knew it cause hair loss I will never visit the place again. We are vain people here!

Maybe the green-hatted pirate should use the old bald guy portrait instead? It fits the Gang of Hoodlums better anyway and helps differentiate between the two purchasable henchmen in the Bazaar. The Ruthless one gets a nice bandanna and the Devious gets to be bald.

The new eye art, while nice, sticks out like a sore thumb in the relickers card. Perhaps it should be a new file instead of replacing the existing green eye? Sudden Insight still use the old green eye and the new eye seems too fearful for some storylets.[i]

Well. Hello. Can Lilac arrange for this?
[/i]
edited by Estelle Knoht on 2/14/2015

I’m afraid Mr Penstock already has a lady-friend - a sigil’d and spired lady, with whom we lower on the Chain would find it difficult to compete…

[quote=Sir Frederick Tanah-Chook]
I’m afraid Mr Penstock already has a lady-friend - a sigil’d and spired lady, with whom we lower on the Chain would find it difficult to compete…[/quote]

Perhaps I am looking for the gentleman embedded in the very heart of the government instead. Or the one that hangs out in Wilmot’s End. Or I don’t mind sharing with a shopping mall*.
edited by Estelle Knoht on 2/14/2015

[quote=Estelle Knoht]
I like the new pirate guy. However, since it only applies to the pirategreen.png and piratered.png but not pirate.png, the Devious Henchman undergoes extreme cosmetic surgery (bearded old guy -> smooth-skinned bald man) when you bring him into the Nadir for an upgrade. I know Irrigo mess up your appearance but if I knew it cause hair loss I will never visit the place again. We are vain people here![i]

Well. Hello. Can Lilac arrange for this?
[/i]
edited by Estelle Knoht on 2/14/2015[/quote]

Yeah you do lose hair but Irrigo skincare trumps everything from SK-II to Neutrogena in 2015

BTW I’d drop 200 Masquing if Penstock is available

Confident Smiles are sticking out like a sore thumb among the other second chances now.

I kinda miss the old sudden insight.

I like the new Church artwork - very nice.