Moulin

On the question of proposals at the Board to deal with the Tower, the option for ‘board members expert in the history of the Neath’ was unlocked by the Gracious Widow, plus two of: the Dean of Xenotheology, His Amused Lordship, the Jovial Contrarian and the Rubbery Yes-Man. I know the Widow counts towards it because she is the one I added to unlock it. I would guess that the other two are the Dean and His Lordship, but I can’t be certain without removing one of them.

Edit: I’m now awaiting the next board meeting unlock to find out what the effect of choosing that option will actually be,
edited by Verity Luminesence on 1/19/2021

According to the Wiki, HAL and the Dean have both been confirmed to count for experts of history. It looks like someone may have added a dozen members just to check.

I’m assuming every board member fits into at-most one of non-human, months, experts of history. The Jovial Contrarian is a month, and the Rubbery Yes-Man isn’t human. And Feducci is not non-human, which I wasn’t 100% sure about before now.

The ones belonging to the category vote for the proposal automatically.
Jenny, Lordship, Widow and Dean are among history experts.
Months are self-explanatory.
Feducci is a human - he’s a native of the Elder Continent.
And Commissioner is against each and every variant.

Hmmm. So, do I add the Widow for history or the Viscountess for the non-human? Interesting set of choices.

Edit: I jump through that whole mess, bypass the chance to get a dividend and remove the kitty from my board and the date I can actually build the station is now the 21st? That is REALLY bloody annoying.
edited by Kaunisenkeli on 1/19/2021

Well well. Tough decisions!

Has anyone tried and echoed the Months’ option? I’m a bit torn between the Revolutionaries and the historically oriented, even though I’d actually have to invite them on board.

I’m curious about the revolutionaries option as well. I’d have done that, but with no access to April or July it just wasn’t available. :/

Fallen London and Fallen London for the proposal itself and Fallen London for Baroness’s reaction.

Fallen London and Fallen London for the proposal itself and Fallen London for Baroness’s reaction.[/quote]

Thank you for sharing those! An intriguing path (and the commissioner’s reaction definitely got a laugh from me).

And so I pay a boatload of pearls because I had the decency to have as small a board as possible.

The Calendar vote should be available to all players, if difficult to get. September, January, and the Jovial Contrarian are universal.

[quote=DuskWanderer]And so I pay a boatload of pearls because I had the decency to have as small a board as possible.[/quote]I went with this option just because it was simpler. 100 Echoes of Moon Pearls vs. adding and removing a whole bunch of Board Members? Wasn’t even a question in my mind.

For me the simplest vote was the nonhuman one simply because at this point my board is mostly nonhuman (and April. I’m still not quite sure about the Gondolier, he WAS easy to convince…). I did consider getting a bit closer to the tower until I noticed the option for that is also in alignment with the Revolutionaries.

Bother. It’s just occured to me that since the Cave-Age Code of Honour gave a special interaction, did anyone have the good fortune to bring the Mortification of a Great Power into the room? If so, what happened?

I had four of them, no options. The Mortifications seem more transactional, the Codes of Honor right now are more accomplishment-like. There’s two ways to spend them but they’re not repeatable.

I’m going to go with the calendar option… July, September, and the Jovial Contrarian (and Furnace) are my board anyway! (Plus or minus a tentacled entrepreneur.)
edited by Amalgamate on 1/20/2021

The Calendar vote should be available to all players, if difficult to get. September, January, and the Jovial Contrarian are universal.[/quote]
I don’t have September on my board, and I think I’ve supported the liberationist tracklayers only once, so I had no idea one could invite January at all.

Huh, the historical option seems to be the only one that doesn’t imply the Debye will be paid soon or very soon.

Baroness still says something like that when reviewing the treaty.

I think I missed something: how do we know that the Tower is the Creditor?

Just from the messages she’d translated for us when we arrived at the Tower, I believe.

This one in particular seems to imply that we have encountered the very same Creditor: Fallen London

That, plus various jabs and insinuations the tellingly named Creditor’s Solicitor makes towards the Bazaar and its credibility.

Though, of course, certainty is a tricky subject when we’re dealing with sentient geo-archaeological entities.

EDIT:

[quote=Amalgamate]I’m going to go with the calendar option… July, September, and the Jovial Contrarian (and Furnace) are my board anyway! (Plus or minus a tentacled entrepreneur.)
[/quote]

I’m actually leaning towards the historical option, as that seems to imply more thought out, informed and Neath-lore-relevant approach. Plus it will perhaps leave more possibilities open for when the looming confrontation between the Bazaar and the Creditor comes. Or at least it leaves open possibility for more conciliatory ones.

In fact, I have half a mind to try &quotacting for the Bazaar&quot for the heck of it, just because the Solicitor tried to intimidate me into not doing so…
edited by Sir Reginald Monteroy on 1/20/2021