Master Photos: Masters Wanted

[quote=Optimatum]During the twitch stream today, it was confirmed that Mr Eaten and Mr Sacks (and presumably Mr Chimes too) are all acceptable.

…I wonder if Mr Shacksh would be allowed ;)[/quote]

In that case I’m going to suggest I be Mr. Sacks then as I have the best cosplay of him and don’t need to worry about the eyes. I’ve sent a question to Failbetter asking to clarify exactly what the guidelines are with them (do they only count if extra, can you be more than one if we technically have 11 people in the photo at least) and whether or not we can photoshop/edit eyes into our Masters cosplays too.
edited by Indigo Clardmond on 2/4/2017

HOKAY, sorry for vanishing for a bit there, I had some family duties to attend to. I’ve updated the first post a bit with some instructions on where to send your photos, and I’ve started up a second group list. I’ve also gone over the descriptions you all managed to dig up and tried to add those as well- anyone know why I can’t get any of the spoiler tags to work after he first one? Is there a secret to this???

also @Indigo Aight, let us know if you get a response, and I’ll update the group to include you as Sacks.

The forum software only allows one spoiler tag per post, for some reason.

I was afraid of that… well that’s obnoxious but OH WELL

Costume’s arrived, hopefully should get the shot done this week!
Just out of interest, does anybody else know of any convocations of Masters getting together, do we have rivals in this endeavor or are we the only ones?

Mannfred von Darken

It’s awesome that we already have one complete group! I should get my costume ready this week if nothing unexpected keeps me from it :)

@Von Darken I found another complete group over on tumblr! By the way, maybe we could cross-post the the master tracker doc to tumblr and/or reddit if everyone is fine with that? Might make it easier to see if there are enough people to achieve 7 pictures or if we need to frantically shove people into master costumes, erm, I mean gently coerce more people to join, of course.
I could post it on tumblr though I’ve never really been active in fl fandom over there so I don’t know how many people that would reach…

I just got the reply back from Failbetter which is as follows:

&quotTo qualify, the photo just needs to feature 11 people playing 11 visually distinct Masters. That’s challenge enough - anything else you want to add to the picture is up to you.&quot

So I’m interpreting that to mean we can edit, shop, double up and play whatever we want, so long as in the photo there are at least 11 different people playing 11 visually distinct Masters.

@acorncap I’ll probably do a double play of Fires and Sacks in our picture in that case, editing the eyes in for Fires and possibly even the reddish tint to his cloak. But we’ll see how it goes once the black cloak arrives.

@CaptainBleifuss that is true, we could try to coordinate our efforts… I posted this thread on tumblr originally, I could definitely reach out to the other group and see if they wouldn’t mind being recorded.

@Indigo Clardmond I’m not sure if we can have two of the same person, even with a spare master to be had… I guess we’ll just see how it goes, worst case scenario we can make two pics.

@acorncap I did specifically ask that in my questions to them, so my guess is they’re fine with it so long as it satisfies the base requirement ‘11 people playing 11 visually distinct Masters’. But as you say, it’s easy enough to make more than one picture with and without the extras.[li]

@acorncap Pictures taken and away! Let me know when you receive them!

Mannfred Von Darken
edited by Von Darken on 2/7/2017

@acorncap cool, thanks! That might make the whole of it easier to plan :)

I just got my fabric for the cloak and I should be able to get it done this weekend when I get back to my flat :)

If anyone’s interested in a second group, I’m pretty sure I can do stones, spices, pages, or cups. I, uh, have three cloaks and some weird props lying around, so I could probably manage any of the masters, but those would be easiest.

Very scary master. Would not mess with. The act of kidnapping a new friend /10 cosplay.

small update: i got most of the fabric for my costume (opting for a weird mix of black, grey, and orange/yellow).

Still debating on (possibly glowing) contact lenses just for the little extra spook

any suggestions?

[quote=Robin Alexander]I’m just curious whether anyone can cosplay as a Master to help out.

Like, could we invite certain ‘friends’ to help in group shots?

Not sure if any Master wears blue, but . . .

[/quote]

Clearly it’s the elusive and mysterious Mr. Paws! Master of all the marsh wolves, haunted dogs, and keeper of the vanished foxes!

On a semi-related note, been attempting to get some shots of myself as Mr. Fires and Mr. Sacks with little success, as I’m having difficulty framing the shot while being the subject in it! The bulkiness of my SLR and lack of an easy way to balance it in portrait mode (not to mention how difficult it is to manoeuvre in bulky Master robes and obscuring hood…darn my non space bat senses!) doesn’t help matters.

If anyone has any advice in selfie cosplay photos, or is in the London area and would be willing to take the shots (I’d be happy to do the same in return), let me know! Otherwise I will attempt to enlist the help of a baffled outsider in the form of my family or friends, heh heh.

I have green candles and makeup and a cloak. Anyone up for assigning me a Master? I’m a 17-year-old girl, though, so it would take quite a bit of 'shopping… totally up for Mr. Chimes though

@Isa1187 Wow, sorry for falling off the map for a spell, if you want, I can sign you up to be Mr. Stones for group two!

@Indigo rip, if the timer’s not giving you enough of it then you might have to enlist help! unless they’re close-ups most cosplay selfies have assistance, afaik.

@Andele if you want to be Chimes, that’s perfectly cool! We’ve confirmed that we can swap the core 11 out for some of the side-stragglers if we want, so! I can set you up in the second group.

And here is Mr. Sacks! With a totally voluntary and in no way abducted Rattus Faber assistant!
Edit: Better photo with less bg fluff
edited by Indigo Clardmond on 2/18/2017

Your URL is messed up.

Thanks, I fixed it!