Master Photos: Masters Wanted

So, one of the social goals for the Kickstarter is to create a photo of 11 different people as the 11 different masters. This sounds super fun, except for one thing: I don’t have 10 friends willing to humor me on this, I’ve got maybe. Three. And I figure, I can’t be the only one in this boat, so!

I was thinking, what we could do instead, would be to maybe work together. I’m by no means a professional, but if people would be willing to at the very least take their pictures as the masters, and send them to me or post them here, I’d be more than happy to shop them together!

SO, okay, it looks like we have one group all rigged and ready, and Ginneon Thursday has very kindly made a google sheet to keep track of all the different groups - (I hope you don’t mind, I copied it and modified it a little here) Some instructions:

[ul][li]You can email your master photos to amilolomy@gmail.com. Please include your forum username and your intended master either in the title or the body of the email, so we can keep track of who’s who. If you’d rather not use email, you can also post your photo in this thread. The deadline for the photos is March 3rd, the end of the Kickstarter. It would be preferable to get them a little earlier, to allow for shop time.

[/li][li]If possible, please take your photos in front of a solid color background. You can achieve this by tacking up a solid bedsheet or by finding a solid-colored wall. This isn’t strictly necessary, but it is helpful for shopping purposes!

[/li][li]We’re starting to make other groups as well, so if you have a preferred group you’d like to be assigned to, do let me know! If you have no preferred group, but a preferred master, I’ll just assign you to the next group with that master free.

[/li][li]I’ve also included some descriptions of each Master, as they’ve been found, just below. However, do not feel pressured to cleave strictly to canon! Feel free to be as simple or elaborate as you wish.[/li][/ul]

Great thanks to Indigo Clardmond, Ginneon Thursday, Parelle, and TheThirdPolice for doing the research here! I’ll add more as we find more.

[spoiler]
Mr. Apples

• N/A

Mr. Hearts[/b]

• Mr Hearts’ gloveless finger vanishes into its hood, from where you hear sucking. ‘Finger’ may be an inaccurate word. Perhaps ‘talon’ would be better.

Mr. Cups

• N/A

Mr. Mirrors

• Mr Mirrors has stalked in behind you. Is that a saucer it’s tucking into its voluminous sleeve?

Mr. Fires

• Mr Fires wears a hooded robe of red so deep that in ordinary light it would appear black – but here, each element of its hue is individually distinguishable.

Mr. Iron

• He motions with a gloved hand for you to turn the note over.[/li][li]The solemn hood looks down on you and your spouse as a sleeve-hidden hand scribbles a note: STRENGTH IN NUMBERS. SOUND STRATEGY.

Mr. Pages

• A hunched figure wrapped in a cloak the colour of parchment looms on your step. Ink stains dapple its drooping sleeves.

Mr. Spices

[ul][li] It is wearing many layers of cloaks against the cold air, and resembles an undertaker’s laundry basket with feet.[/li][li]‘Wines is red’
'Spices is yellow
But old Jack-of-Smiles
Is a murderous fellow’
[/li][/ul]Mr. Stones

• Mr Stones’ cloak shimmers, more grey than black. Perhaps it’s the tiny diamonds woven into the fabric.

Mr. Veils

• N/A

Mr. Wines

[ul][li]Mr Wines drums its long, gloved fingers on its desk of black coral.[/li][li]‘Wines is red’
'Spices is yellow
But old Jack-of-Smiles
Is a murderous fellow’
[/li][/ul]
Mr. Sacks

• N/A

Mr. Eaten

• N/A

Group 1

Group 2

• Mr. Apples - [/li][li]Mr. Hearts - [/li][li]Mr. Cups - [/li][li]Mr. Mirrors -[/li][li]Mr. Fires - [/li][li]Mr. Iron - [/li][li]Mr. Pages - [/li][li]Mr. Spices - [/li][li]Mr. Stones - Isa1187[/li][li]Mr. Veils - [/li][li]Mr. Wines -[/li][li]Mr. Chimes - Andele Vasyrich

edited by acorncap on 2/4/2017
edited by acorncap on 2/7/2017
edited by acorncap on 2/14/2017

Mr. Spices is listed twice ;)

If I have the time I reckon I could snap a quick one as Mr Irons, head down scribbling away with both hands etc. Is there any particular background you want it up against, or is any old place fine?

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Mannfred%20Von%20Darken

@Kukapetal I am… a fool… it’s a good thing Wines is too much of a lush to notice.

@Von Darken Awesome! I don’t have any ideas for a particular background, I figure I can maybe go find some free-for-use cave images to impose everyone on. Or something to that effect.
Edit: Actually, someone volunteered to help with the shopping, and requested we take our pics in front of a solid color background, so if you can find a place to tack up a bedsheet, that should do you just fine!
edited by acorncap on 2/1/2017

Neat! I’d like to do Mr Wines, but if anyone else wants to do that I’d also do another Master!

I have ideas for a Pages, Veils, and maybe Wines I might do this weekend! I’ll try to do all 3, and y’all can select whichever one is the best.

@CaptainBleifuss yeah, awesome! I put you down as Wines.

@Vortigaunt Sounds good! I put you down as Pages, but if any of the others fall through it’ll be good to have backup!

I made an account literally right now for this jfc, but who can help it

not me

I’d love to dress up as Mr. Spices, personally, but it might take a little while because im rather busy. I’ll try my best to get it together during the weekends
edited by FromBelowTheZee on 2/1/2017

Put me down for Mr Cups or maybe Mr Fires??? I will be pondering how to visually indicate that it’s Cups I’m cosplaying but I’m definitely in for one of them

@FromBelowTheZee Awesome! Don’t worry too much if it takes you a spell, we have until the end of the kickstarter to organize everyone together.

@VarietyShow You got it! I put you down as Cups for now, but if you decide you’d rather be fires just let me know!

Mr Stones. Yes. Good. Acceptable.

Not giving up my position as Irons, very excited for that, but can anyone think of a canny and subtle way to sneak in Mr Eaten? You know, just a little something dark and foreboding in the corner of one picture.

edited by Von Darken on 2/2/2017

Hm, stock picture of a well in the corner, maybe? But depending on what kind of background is used that might just look out of place…
7 candles shopped in somewhere…?

Those are the kinda very obvious/boring things I can think of :'D

[quote=CaptainBleifuss]Hm, stock picture of a well in the corner, maybe? But depending on what kind of background is used that might just look out of place…
7 candles shopped in somewhere…?

Those are the kinda very obvious/boring things I can think of :'D[/quote]

The candles are really not a bad idea. I can have one as Irons (Knife and Candle) Fires could have one. Those are the only two off the top of my head but that could easily be done and would be a nice little nod to those who know.

edited by Von Darken on 2/2/2017

Hmm maybe Wines and Spices as well for the whole dispute over who get to have the domain of dreams??

@Ginneon Thursday Ye! I put you down.

Also, I really like the idea of having a nod to Mr. Eaten in there. We could also perhaps slip some candles into the background- or try to pose ourselves so we can be shopped around a table or a well or something? Though that might be a bit tricky…

We could also find a 12th volunteer (Or if someone wants they could PROBABLY double up with Eaten and not TECHNICALLY break any rules) to put on a black sheet and just. Loom.

I have a rather good Mr. Sacks cosplay we can slip into a photo as a bonus. Unfortunately it’s not reverse coloured, otherwise we could have said it was Sacks-Eaten.

Otherwise I’m looking into getting a plainer cloak to go as one of the other Masters. Pages is kind of my spirit animal and I could do it rather well given the few esoteric looking books I have (not to mention a leaky pen…I knew all that ink would be good for something one day!), but I appreciate he’s probably taken for this group. I could use my LED candle lantern to do Fires, I suppose, though I’m torn as to whether to go for a red or black cloak (since in that one description he’s wearing a cloak that’s dark red, but appears black in the Neath light) if that’s who I end up going with.

Let me know what you all think, I’m eager to participate either way. If anyone is based in London, I’m happy to share props too.[li]
edited by Indigo Clardmond on 2/2/2017

[quote=acorncap]@Ginneon Thursday Ye! I put you down.

Also, I really like the idea of having a nod to Mr. Eaten in there. We could also perhaps slip some candles into the background- or try to pose ourselves so we can be shopped around a table or a well or something? Though that might be a bit tricky…

We could also find a 12th volunteer (Or if someone wants they could PROBABLY double up with Eaten and not TECHNICALLY break any rules) to put on a black sheet and just. Loom.[/quote]
I may be able to do Eaten. Also question, how good does the outfit have to be? Because i can probably do a decent mirrors.

I can be a backup Eaten, though not sure I’ve read any canon on the physical description.

I went with a standard black cloak in the end cause I feel the reflectiveness of the material could imply different colors based on the lighting I give it (i.e. if I turned on my lava lamp, it could give it a reddish glow, which would be good for Fires) but we’ll see how it looks when it gets here next week.[li]

I’m pretty sure I’ll be able to use it as a base for any Master that isn’t Sacks, whom I have a separate, more ornate cloak for. Also I’m probably able to fulfil any Master role given enough time and creativity on my part, but my preference will be for Mr. Pages. Fires is probably my second, as I do love London, both in this timeline and its Fallen version.

Also, I have a rather silly idea that I might splice together a photo of myself as 11 different Sackses, each being one of the 11 Sacks-Masters to send to Failbetter as a festive joke submission for them to enjoy. Obviously won’t count, but I’d be interested to hear if anyone had any thoughts about it.